Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-04-2021, 07:40   #1

Raymarine E80 classic buttons not working

Hello,

Upon arrival at my boat a few months ago I noticed one of my classic e80 plotters power button was inoperative. I tried cleaning behind it and getting to the electronic panel but nothing. All the other buttons works just fine... today while out sailing from one second to the next all the buttons stopped working. This leads me to believe its not a problem with the buttons themselfs but something else.

Has anyone experienced this before? Raymarine has stopped supporting this product so the only answers I have received is a copy of the manual.. which I have.

Thanks
rubberduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2021, 19:34   #2

Boat: C&C 35 MK-II
Re: Raymarine E80 classic buttons not working

The buttons are all mounted on separate PCB with a connector into main circuit board. If you lost all of them, it's likely the connector needs cleaning and those ribbon connectors are always a weak link.

I found a pic on ebay and the person is selling the button panel... but I would first take your unit apart and check the connectors and clean them. I don't know how many things I've fixed in my life by taking them apart, cleaning them and then reassembling.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Raymarine-E....c101196.m2219

Tags
classic, marine, raymarine, work