Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-04-2022, 22:44   #1

Boat: Tayana 37
Raymarine i50 Depth to replace ST60+

Hi all

We have a ST60+ which has failing. it is currently daisy chained on regular SeaTalk1 devices/displays (Wind/Autopilot controller and our C80 MFD)

Does know if we buy a i50 and get the SeaTalkNG to SeaTalk1 cable will it work in the SeaTalk1 network (daisy changed to our other SeaTalk Instrument)

Will it continue to send regular SeaTalk depth readings this way to our C80 MFD too (via the daisy chain) and will the "LAMP" adjustment work on it too just like old one did?

I asked the online raymarine support to see if they know, but I figured ill ask here also just in case

P.S. We know we can get on ebay a second hand ST60+ depth but they cost the same or *more* than the newest i50s which blows my mind a little bit.

Thanks!
MaungaMoana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2022, 23:42   #2
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Re: Raymarine i50 Depth to replace ST60+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaungaMoana View Post
Hi all

We have a ST60+ which has failing. it is currently daisy chained on regular SeaTalk1 devices/displays (Wind/Autopilot controller and our C80 MFD)

Does know if we buy a i50 and get the SeaTalkNG to SeaTalk1 cable will it work in the SeaTalk1 network (daisy changed to our other SeaTalk Instrument)

Will it continue to send regular SeaTalk depth readings this way to our C80 MFD too (via the daisy chain) and will the "LAMP" adjustment work on it too just like old one did?

I asked the online raymarine support to see if they know, but I figured ill ask here also just in case

P.S. We know we can get on ebay a second hand ST60+ depth but they cost the same or *more* than the newest i50s which blows my mind a little bit.

Thanks!
The i50 has both seatalk and seatalkng interfaces and is available in separate wind , log , depth plus a tri-data version rather like the old St 60 range.

You’ll need to check if your existing traduces are compatible but I believe they are. Then you can connect into either a Ng network or an original seatalk network using the appropriate cable , there’s no need to convert from seatalk to Ng or vice versa the i50 will do that

( you will need the converter cable to change from the circular connector to the older seatalk connector on the ST 60 series , confusing Ray call this a Ng to seatalk converter cable, but it’s only a physical rewiring cable )

Tags
depth, marine, raymarine