Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2022, 20:58   #1

Boat: B423
Raymarine ITC-5

I want to use my existing analog transducers with an Axiom+. Can I use a single ITC-5 to achieve this? Do I also need a some sort of SeaTalkNG backbone?
clamshack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 23:46   #2

Re: Raymarine ITC-5

Yes to both.
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 03:57   #3
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamshack View Post
I want to use my existing analog transducers with an Axiom+. Can I use a single ITC-5 to achieve this? Do I also need a some sort of SeaTalkNG backbone?

You need at a minimum a Seatalkng cable to connect the itc-5 to the axiom , the ITC-5 has both a Ng spur ( drop ) connection and a Ng backbone , hence two termination connectors A06031 and a Ng drop cable are needed , i think the axiom will power the Ng system but perhaps others could confirm otherwise you’ll need a Ng power cable to 12v
Old 05-08-2022, 04:19   #4

Boat: Outremer 55L

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
You need at a minimum a Seatalkng cable to connect the itc-5 to the axiom , the ITC-5 has both a Ng spur ( drop ) connection and a Ng backbone , hence two termination connectors A06031 and a Ng drop cable are needed , i think the axiom will power the Ng system but perhaps others could confirm otherwise you’ll need a Ng power cable to 12v

We’ve got an ITC-5 for our wind and speed sensors. It only has a blue/white backbone cable going to a SeatalkNG terminal bar (and a spur terminal and another backbone terminal). We only put terminators on unused backbone terminals and leave unused spur terminals open. Should all unused terminals be terminated?

Our SeatalkNG network gets its power from the EV-400 autopilot controller, but if you don’t have an autopilot or don’t want it to supply power then you do need a red/black power cable from one of your SeatalkNG spur terminals to 12V.
fxykty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 05:09   #5

Boat: B423

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Ok that helps a lot. I have DC running to that area already. Can anyone confirm that the Axiom can provide power to the network with just the one ITC-5?
clamshack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 05:44   #6
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Raymarine ITC-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamshack View Post
Ok that helps a lot. I have DC running to that area already. Can anyone confirm that the Axiom can provide power to the network with just the one ITC-5?

Just checked, as far as I can see you need a separate Seatalkng power cable. If you have no other seatalkng equipment you can power the ITC from the spur connection using the appropriate Ng power cable one terminator goes in the blue backbone itc connector , then run a spur from the other backbone connector on the itc to the axiom , in theory you need another T* to fit the second terminator but a actually CAN will run fine with one terminator.

( * alternatively to be exact you need a 2nd T , terminator and drop cable at the axiom )

Tags
marine, raymarine