Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 08:18   #16

Boat: catalina 1985 30 -Hello over there
Ebay!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:26   #17

Boat: catalina 1985 30 -Hello over there
there's a new LCD screen for 110 dollars buy it now
Old 06-12-2010, 04:19   #18

Boat: Island Packet IP38
You can get a whole new display for about 150 on Ebay. I don't think it is your display. I think it is either the power supply or mainboard. If you lay the display face down and remove all the screws aroung the edge the case will open into two halves. The display board is mounted to one half and you will see the main board in the other half. The power supply sits under the main board. There are like 4 screws that hold the main board in and it will lift out. All of the board are connected by a few ribbon cables thst unplug from a socket. The displays are usually good. Mainboard and power supples are what tends to fail. If your near Mobile, AL I will give you a power supply board. I do not currently have a good spare main board. When you put the case back together put some silicon( not the glue kind) on the rubber gasket and do not over tighten the screws. CAELESTIS had a display foe sale. PM him and see if he still has it.
Bucky205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:12   #19

Boat: Prout 37
Thanks all!
All the agents I contacted told me to throw it away and buy a new one, however I just got an e-mail from Penang and he said send it over and he will see what he can do. So rather than risk opening it (I wouldn't know a fried board from a fried egg) I sent it to him today. So I wait with hope, thanks for all the help guys, don't go too far away. More to follow I'm sure.
Alex
moggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
raytheon