Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2023, 14:26   #16

Boat: Riva 48
Re: Remote access to weather conditions on boat

I am not sure if that is the best way to go. If you want remote weather conditions, a weather station connected to your wireless router is the most efficient way to go. Inexpensive, connects automatically and you can always monitor it from anywhere on the web with minimum hassle. It measures rainfall, pressure, temperature, wind speed/direction... yes, it is not as accurate as your sailing wind sensor but do you care? I would rather know how much it has rained vs. if the wind is 260 degrees or due west. Power consumptions is also much lower.

In terms of boat systems monitoring, again I think the metrics are different. When I am away from the boat, I am most interested in bilge water level, bilge pump timer, voltage level and a camera. Actually, you can have a camera look at your instrument panel and that is by far the cheapest solution and most reliable as well.
Pizzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 02:21   #17

Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 41
Send a message via Skype™ to Kijit
Re: Remote access to weather conditions on boat

Floathub has built in temp and humidity and GPS. You can also run NMEA0183 data to it so all of the instruments, AIS, depth, wind, etc. are available online. It can also monitor pumps and voltages. Has a wifi interface or they have models with built in cell. At $149 for the wifi model, it is a great deal and works great. There is free basic monitoring, but if you want more alarms and data history, there is a subscription plan as well. I have no interest in this company except that I have installed it in two vessels and am very happy with it.
Kijit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, Cerbo GX, nmea 2000, remote, Saillogger, Signal K, Teltonika, Victron, weather