Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 23:30   #1

Boat: Farr Phase 4, 12.8m
Simrad AP24 firmware upgrades

I have a Ap24 I wish to update to the latest firmware. I don't have a Navico MFD of any brand, so I was looking online and saw the ST10 can be used for this. However it seems that is discontinued?? I have a couple of AT10's, any way to use that?
Does anyone know any other way I can do this?
thx
Matt
Old 03-11-2014, 05:00   #2

Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"
Re: Simrad AP24 firmware upgrades

You cannot use the AT10 for this. Your other option is a CANBUS-USB programming tool (which is what the ST10 is). Simrad lists two others as compatible, one is the Kvaser Leaf and I don't remember what the other is. They are very expensive compared to the ST10 - I don't understand why Navico would discontinue the ST10.

Short of that, the only ways I know are to use a Navico MFD (even a friend's), find someone with a ST10 to borrow, take it to a Navico dealer or send it to Navico.

Contact Navico and see what they say about the ST10 availability - maybe they have one laying around they would sell you. The ST10 uses simnet connectors and since Navico has gone completely to micro-C connectors, I suspect they are letting these other connector devices die. But they really should come up with another option.

Mark

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
simrad