Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-08-2014, 20:35   #1

Boat: Catalina 30
Standard Horizon CP180i Chartplotter

I'm having some trouble with my Standard Horizon CP180i chart plotter. Last week I was cruising around the 1000 Islands Ontario Canada and my chart plotter lost the data it was using to put the chart on the plotter. For a while all that I had was the time, lat/long coordinates, SOG. I cleared the ram memory from the chart plotter and the chart came back. What seemed to have disappeared for good was my NMEA feed to my autopilot. I tried to see if the wire from the chart plotter had disengaged from the autopilot but all looks good. I then tried to run a few self tests from the chart plotter screen and when I've tried to test the C-Card the chart plotter freezes and won't do anything until the power is turned off at the source.
I'm trying to find out if anyone out there has had similar problems and what they did to resolve it. I'm also sending this to the tech department of Standard Horizon to see what they can offer as a solution. Keep you posted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0012.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	369.4 KB
ID:	87165  
Jenna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 21:44   #2

Boat: Bayliner 3870 41' oal.
Re: Standard Horizon CP180i Chartplotter

SH has the best customer support of any supplier I've dealt with I'am sure they'll do all they can to help you solve the problem. I had a problem on my cp300i it stopped showing AIS targets after working fine for several months. I checked, double and triple checked the wiring to no avail. Called SH customer support and the tech had me go into the menu and check the port settings. That was the problem but I have no idea how it got changed that's why I never checked it after the problem started.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
River Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chartplotter