Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2021, 12:45   #1

Boat: Corsair Cruze 970
Total Noob: Tacktick with Clipper (NASA) wireless Vane

Hello All,
New boat (2015) to me. I have a ton of learning when it comes to boat electronics. Anyway, boat came with Tacktick Micronet wireless displays and the Race Master. However, the wireless windvane is not Tacktick/Raymarine, but rather, a NASA/Clipper dealio. The Clipper data box, please see attached, is connected to the Ticktack wireless Micronet Wireless NMEA Interface (black box). Although I finally found a replacement vane for the Clipper to get me through, it's a pretty cheapo unit. I would like to go back to the Raymarine wireless windvane setup on top of my mast eventually (I assume that was what was on there originally, but it got damaged and the dealer saved a few $ by using the Clipper unit instead of Tacktick/Raymarine). So when that time comes, do I just disconnect the Clipper/NASA data box and I'm good to go, or do I have to crack open the Micronet interface and work some magic in there so it will work with the orig equipment Raymarine windvane? I really have zero clue. Thanks!

I suppose option two would be to get a B&G unit and tie into the Tacktick interface similar to what was done with the Nasa/Clipper? Thanks X2!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	53281XL__91031.1407534628.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	239609   Click image for larger version

Name:	bag000-14383-001-2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	239611  

Attached Images

Old 02-06-2021, 13:35   #2

Boat: Corsair Cruze 970
Re: Total Noob: Tacktick with Clipper (NASA) wireless Vane

I should say my guess is once I unplug the NASA/Clipper date box, and have the Raymarine wireless windvane installed, the system should recognize it without issue. That's my guess anyway.

Tags
asa