Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 14:40   #1

Boat: Beneteau 343
Transducer shows depth but not speed - Airmar DST810

I have an Airmar DST810 through hull and a B&G plotter and B&G Triton instrument screens. Recently the system is showing depth but not boat speed. It worked until a week ago. The speed did come on briefly once and then stopped again. I pulled the device and cleaned it a couple times. I downloaded an Airmar phone app called Airmar Cast and connected to the device and when I manually spin the wheel it registers on the app so the device itself seems to be working. I messed with some settings in the B&G Zeus plotter to no avail.

Any ideas?? I feel like I am missing something obvious.
svadagiomaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 15:42   #2

Re: Transducer shows depth but not speed - Airmar DST810

Quote:
Originally Posted by svadagiomaine View Post
I have an Airmar DST810 through hull and a B&G plotter and B&G Triton instrument screens. Recently the system is showing depth but not boat speed. It worked until a week ago. The speed did come on briefly once and then stopped again. I pulled the device and cleaned it a couple times. I downloaded an Airmar phone app called Airmar Cast and connected to the device and when I manually spin the wheel it registers on the app so the device itself seems to be working. I messed with some settings in the B&G Zeus plotter to no avail.

Any ideas?? I feel like I am missing something obvious.
Might be related to the same problem I just had and resolved with a bronze thruhull.
b_ohare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 16:03   #3

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35

The redesigned version with the wider paddlewheel has less free play between the paddlewheel and the housing. Mine was getting squeezed slightly in the thru hull and binding.
patja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 16:11   #4

Boat: Beneteau 343

Thanks. I am having the boat pulled in a couple weeks. I will look onto that. I am wondering if the flaps are blocking it.
svadagiomaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
depth, transducer