Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2017, 15:35   #1

Boat: 50' Herreshoff Ketch
Troubleshooting Mikrotik Groove A-HP4n as CPE

I've got a Mikrotik Groove A-HP4n on the boat. I'm running the latest firmware and RouterOS. I've got an 8dbi antenna I got from bitstorm. I'm in Marina Palmira in La Paz, BCS, Mexico.

If I connect to the marina wifi on 2.4 GHz, we get internet, but the speed is either slow, really slow, or painfully slow.

I switched over to 5GHz, and I connect, and I get a much faster connection, but for some reason the DHCP lease I'm getting is only 30 seconds. So every 30 seconds the damn things loses it's IP and then reconnects a second or two later.

I tried putting a static IP in, but it looks like the marina wifi doesn't like that. I don't get any traffic.

I've used all my google-**, and the only info I've found that may be appropriate was a mention of the RouterOS getting a private IP and renewing it 30 seconds later in an attempt to get a public IP. I have no idea what this feature is called or how to turn it off, if that's the problem.

Anybody have any ideas? I'm trying to get registered on the mikrotik forums but their stupid captcha isn't working.
autumnbreeze27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 16:35   #2

Boat: 50' Herreshoff Ketch
Re: Troubleshooting Mikrotik Groove A-HP4n as CPE

Nevermind. It's the damn marina wifi. I just dug out a Ubiquiti Nanostation Loco M5 and it's got the same stupid 30 second dhcp lease.
autumnbreeze27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rot