Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 18:41   #1

Upgraded to i50 tridata, speed issues

I recently installed a new chartplotter, a raymarine element s. While I was doing this I had a i50 tridata display I wanted to swap in. I installed the i50 and removed the last generation one (sorry, not at boat and don't remember, but it was the grey one everyone has/had). I powered it by taking a seatalk to seatalkNG cable from my wind meter. I also plugged in the back the 3 pins for depth and the 5(or so?) pins for the speed in the back. It would show three dashes for both speed and depth. I was able to change the settings from repeater to master and that fixed the depth. However I can't change the speed to master. When I hold the first two buttons it shows the version. I then press depth, and I am greeted with a screen that says: "depth no" and below that "speed no". I was able to make the depth say "yes" and it read the reading from the transducer. However I cannot figure out how to change the speed from "no" to yes. Anytime I hook up the old unit, it shows correct. I have looked at forums and manuals for hours and still can't figure this one out. Any help greatfully appreciated.
JeaneauHunter is offline   Reply With Quote