Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-01-2015, 10:30   #16
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Re: USB Connectors

Speaking of which...
Amazon.com - Vinyl Mesh Bag 10 X 13, (Zipper color my vary) - Laundry Bags

These see-through plastic re-inforced mesh bags come in different sizes and make it real easy to keep this stuff organized but easy to see, even while bagged. Sounds petty, but makes storing different kinds of cables (audio, phone, computer) easy.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 13:46   #17

Meh. I really like the USB interface from a technical standpoint, and I've mostly solved the issue of multiplicity by hanging the cables funny end up, to make it easy to select the right one. In actual use with my devices, I find that two of the sizes get used the most.

I like 'em.
Lake-Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 16:39   #18
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

What I find nearly infuriating about USB, is the lack of standard markings. There USED to be a requirement that licensees (you can't just use the standard without paying a license fee) put the USB mark on the top or front of cables.

So the cable always, always, always, went in "this way up". Phones, hard drives, all "this way up" based on the top/face of the device.

No, too simple, too many violators (counterfeits?) and they dropped that from the spec. Now with the USB micro cables pushing the resolution limits of the not-so-young eye, you can't tell which is the top side by ANY means except reading glasses and a light, so they get jammed in upside down (especially in the dark) and damaged way before their time.

USBmicro is supposed to be over 100x more durable than USBmini.
Sure, except that the jamming breaks 'em good.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote