Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2020, 07:46   #1

Boat: Beneteau 331
Used mast top wind instruments and display

My mast top wind instruments are falling apart.

Have you ever heard of someone having success with picking up used equipment? If so where?

Also what is the likelihood that the replacement instruments will be compatible with the current wires?

Thank you

Tmac
Tmacmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 13:41   #2

Re: Used mast top wind instruments and display

I’ve had good success with EBay, I’ve been buying and selling there since 2000. eBay has good buyer protections. Make sure you look at all the pictures and read the descriptions completely. When you receive said items, test them immediately. If they are not as described 9 times out of 10 eBay will give your your money back even if the seller refuses.

Earlier this year I bought a new open box raymarine i70s with wind, speed, depth and temp for $900 with tax and shipping. Box was banged up but it’s contents were flawless.

Used items are plentiful but many are over priced if you are patient you could piece together something for a few hundred dollars.
Jfloyd85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mast, men, rum, wind