Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-09-2023, 23:25   #16
Nor

Re: What Raymarine wind transmitter do I have - was used with Raymarine C120W

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILow View Post
Not trying to be rude, and I rarely say this. but I think it’s time you got some professional help. I’ve watched people blow extraordinary amounts of money in situations like the one you describe, most of it wasted, as they followed various bits of well meaning advice.

Raymarine seem to take great joy in producing various custom connectors and converters for the communication between their devices. Head off on the wrong path and you could spend, quite literally, thousands of dollars trying to get all this stuff to work and end up with boxes full of expensive and useless connectors. I can point to half a dozen boats around my marina with just this problem.

Get a pro in to go over the system and give you a quote to get it all talking. Then get another quote from someone else.
Thanks, I'm in the Philippines and not easy to find someone for that here.
My main goal is to get wind speed working, so I'll probably just buy a new wind sensor when I'm back in Europe, and the required connectors to get this hooked up to the Simrad.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2023, 03:45   #17

Boat: Shuttleworth Advantage

1. The standard Raymarine Wind Transducer has 5 wires and will only connect to a Wind Display Head.

2. An E85001 interface box is required to convert Seatalk from the Wind Display Head to NMEA 0183

3. Quark also have a Seatalk / NMEA / Wifi converter A031 BUT you also need a AS03 if connecting to older type Seatalk.

4. You can test the transducer without a head unit. https://raymarine.custhelp.com/app/a...ransducer-test

If the transducer works and is serviceable you could buy a S/H Wind Display. Cheap standalone.

If the transducer doesn't work it is worth replacing with a LCJ Captures or NASA mast head wind. Both have interface connections to various manufacturers. Then flog the old Raymarine transducer.
Tupaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2023, 04:49   #18

Boat: Morgan Out Island 41

If you don't already have ST60 era displays, I'm willing to bet that the analogue wind and other data are connected to an ITC-5

one of these:

https://ca.binnacle.com/product_info...BoCJ20QAvD_BwE

That then converts the signals into SeatalkNG to send to the chart plotter or other devices. Have a look and see if the cable from the wind sensor is connected to a box like that. If that is the case, then an Axiom (modern) MFD will work fine for chartplotting and displaying wind data. Similarly any SeatalkNG equiped Raymarine display should work. Something like an i60 or i70
pcmm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine, raymarine, wind