Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2021, 07:43   #1

Boat: Catalina 30 Mk1
WSO100 Base

Greetings,

I know that the WSO100 Ultrasonic wind instrument for Maretron has been discontented, however I have acquired one that I'd like to mount to my Catalina 30. The unit I have is missing its mounting base. Does anyone know of any resources that might sell just that part?

Looking at the diagrams, it seems as if the Maretron GPS200 uses a base with the same tri-bolt pattern (less the additional hole for the humidity sensor). Does anyone have any experience with these, or can confirm that the GPS200 base would fit on the WSO100 if an addition hole was drilled out for the humidity sensor?

Thanks.
mckinleytabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 21:11   #2

Re: WSO100 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinleytabor View Post
Greetings,

I know that the WSO100 Ultrasonic wind instrument for Maretron has been discontented, however I have acquired one that I'd like to mount to my Catalina 30. The unit I have is missing its mounting base. Does anyone know of any resources that might sell just that part?

Looking at the diagrams, it seems as if the Maretron GPS200 uses a base with the same tri-bolt pattern (less the additional hole for the humidity sensor). Does anyone have any experience with these, or can confirm that the GPS200 base would fit on the WSO100 if an addition hole was drilled out for the humidity sensor?

Thanks.

I wouldn't waste any time on a WSO100. It will likely break within a year.
Old 05-05-2021, 21:38   #3
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

So Maretron has been sold (to Carling tech). Just before that happened, Richard sent me another replacement unit and it’s still working today, although this year the humidity sensor stopped working. They did get the friction welding right in the end but the new owners probably didn’t realize this.

The problem is that it fills up with water.

s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 21:42   #4

Location: Sea of Cortez/northern Utah/ Wisconsin/ La Paz, BCS
Boat: Hans Christian 38 Mk II

After several years of buying it, I finally mounted my Maretron WSO100 last week and did not use the base. Where are you located? I could part with the base for a small cost, plus shipping.

I regretted buying the WSO100 almost as soon as I bought it after reading discussions here.

Just where does the unit leak water? Can I add some sillycone sealant to the leak prone area? I need to climb on top of my bimini to work on the WSO100
AndyEss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 00:22   #5
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyEss View Post
After several years of buying it, I finally mounted my Maretron WSO100 last week and did not use the base. Where are you located? I could part with the base for a small cost, plus shipping.

I regretted buying the WSO100 almost as soon as I bought it after reading discussions here.

Just where does the unit leak water? Can I add some sillycone sealant to the leak prone area? I need to climb on top of my bimini to work on the WSO100
You can see the seam. I heard people have success by sanding it, then applying MarineTex or other UV stable epoxy. You need to first remove it.

s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote