Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 21:01   #16
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: First AND last voyage

To quote an old Fleetwood Mac song... 'You can go your own way...'
Good winds and fair sea's for your voyage Jeff... a nice guy from the forum chose a similar route... you have my best wishes

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 21:37   #17

Boat: SAnta Cruz 27
Re: First AND last voyage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobconnie View Post
I guess it all comes down to Where ya want to die! I for one wish to die at sea. Altho I have been granted good health all my life, I have had many injurys that make sailing hurtful, It's still better then sitting in front of a tv and waiting for the end to come !! All good wishs to ya Jeff go for it fella ! Ive met a few sailors over the years with terminal sickness of different types, some of them with the change in lifestyle to cruising, have extended there lives by bunchs of years!! Cruising is good for ya !! I hope I go in a fairly good storm with a smile on my face not at home with a frown on it !! We will be thinking of ya and smiling when we do!!
Not me--sailing in storms is way too tame. My exit strategy is to buy a rice rocket and ride around at over 150 mph until something exciting happens.
donradcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 22:15   #18

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCobra View Post
We had a guy come into the yard who had sailed an eight foot dinghy up the West Coast from San Diego while filling his bucket list due to a tumor. A storm trashed his dinghy so bad that he barely made it ashore. We fixed and improved it and bid him farewell. No charge of course. Just paying it foreward....
You go Charlie...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 23:08   #19

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Best wishes Jeff!
Hope your voyage is going smoothly and that you are enjoying every second of your trip .

Best wishes too to all the CF members (and lurkers) who are struggling with personal or family health problems. My heart goes out to you. Good health is something most of us often take for granted until problems occur .

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:26   #20

Has anyone stopped to consider that Jeff is not a member of CF? It was a story that Catagory4jay had read.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 07-12-2012, 09:18   #21

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Has anyone stopped to consider that Jeff is not a member of CF? It was a story that Catagory4jay had read.
Makes no difference. Kind thoughts should be extended to any sailor in need of them. We are a very close knit community here on the water.

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:01   #22

Kind thoughts are fine...especially when the person is there to read them.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:46   #23

Boat: O'Day 28

As a slight thread diversion: Any update on the old guy and dog who kept getting rescued trying for Tahiti from San Diego, I think?
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 21:35   #24

Boat: 50' Cat (someday) ok maybe 45' Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Just to clarify. I didn't read a story about someone. I saw a TV news story about Jeff and posted the link to the news story. I don't know why Jeff is not a member of the CF. Maybe he has far more important things to concentrate on.
Old 07-12-2012, 22:43   #25

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMayo View Post
I am an amputee from a train accident as a child. I have a chronic weight problem. I was fatherless from day one, and later in life, my father in law never accepted me, not wishing me on his property. I am so tall I hit my head on doorways, so large, cannot buy socks or shoes in clothing stores. Gloves? Forget it. Married thirty years to a woman with little affection, who cannot boil water without burning it. I am childless, work 120 hour work weeks, from businesses I scratched out on my own with three limbs and a stump, last vacation was in 2005. Sponsored two children from kindergarten thru college, not one postcard after graduation. Have a huge growth under muscle on my right shoulder, have few friends, and enemies. Hips are giving out, knees hurt, eyes failing me, hair turning grey, impotent, hard of hearing, and my skin is itchy and dry. O, and my teeth hurt. Did I mention warts?

Anyone want to sponcer my giving up, and sailing off into the sunset?

I emailed that guy, and gave him alternative health care options that are extending lives by decade's, all over the world. Simple treatments that work. You can lead a horse to water........never heard a word back.

It all boils down to who ties their own shoes, and who waits for others to do it for them.

He will be ok, because in the end, we all get to the same place at the same time, with the same empty pockets.

You are one tough dude Gary
Old 09-12-2012, 07:32   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefuss View Post
Way to go Jeff. I hope I have your balls when the time comes.
Exactly!
Old 14-12-2012, 10:17   #27
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

thing is--one never knows when the time is coming......

just enjoy the life you choose to live....
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 19:33   #28

Quote:
I am an amputee from a train accident as a child. I have a chronic weight problem. I was fatherless from day one, and later in life, my father in law never accepted me, not wishing me on his property. I am so tall I hit my head on doorways, so large, cannot buy socks or shoes in clothing stores. Gloves? Forget it. Married thirty years to a woman with little affection, who cannot boil water without burning it. I am childless, work 120 hour work weeks, from businesses I scratched out on my own with three limbs and a stump, last vacation was in 2005. Sponsored two children from kindergarten thru college, not one postcard after graduation. Have a huge growth under muscle on my right shoulder, have few friends, and enemies. Hips are giving out, knees hurt, eyes failing me, hair turning grey, impotent, hard of hearing, and my skin is itchy and dry. O, and my teeth hurt. Did I mention warts?

I emailed that guy, and gave him alternative health care options that are extending lives by decade's, all over the world. Simple treatments that work. You can lead a horse to water........never heard a word back.

It all boils down to who ties their own shoes, and who waits for others to do it for them.

He will be ok, because in the end, we all get to the same place at the same time, with the same empty pockets.
Gary I dont even know where to start with what you said. Wow.
Old 22-12-2012, 19:51   #29

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: First AND last voyage

Quote:

This sounds like a recipe for hitting the high seas to me. Don't hang around and die in Nebraska, man.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 22:42   #30

Boat: Westerly Centaur

Great to see that good will and practicle generosity is still strong amongst the sailing community!
Have just retired, have good health and hope to keep messing around on the water till I get the final call.
CC takes the biscuit as usual.