Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2018, 11:11   #2131

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: Beta Test / Technical

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Forgot I need to make a local branch too..

git checkout -b v4.8.2 -bcbda2a

should do it. would be nice to have the tag.

This worked. I guess the Tag is seen by git, but not by us. I am talking about the remote tag v4.8.2 seems to get covered by the title "Fix the permissions..."

checked
What does "tag is not seen by us" mean exactly?
The tag is there and perfectly visible. If you mean we should also make commits with a comment "I am going to tag this commit", we should not.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:02   #2132

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
What does "tag is not seen by us" mean exactly?
The tag is there and perfectly visible. If you mean we should also make commits with a comment "I am going to tag this commit", we should not.
Pavel
This was not visible before! Thanks. (could be my eyes too. It is awefully small text)

Code:
C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN>git branch -va
  master                              ca6286e Merge pull request #1005 from seandepagnier/llregion_optimization
* v4.8.2                              bcbda2a Fix the permissions on documentation files
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:15   #2133

Quote:
This was not visible before! Thanks. (could be my eyes too. It is awefully small text)

Code:
C:\Users\Frederick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN>git branch -va
  master                              ca6286e Merge pull request #1005 from seandepagnier/llregion_optimization
* v4.8.2                              bcbda2a Fix the permissions on documentation files
Nobody did any change to anything...

Code:
git tag
is the command that lists all the tags. Do not confuse tags with branches, they are a completely different thing.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:08   #2134

Thanks, got it git tag boy is there a lot to learn.
Old 08-03-2018, 20:13   #2135

Samsung s8 crashing

Has anyone else been having a problem with there Samsung s8 not been able to run?
Svwarpdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 16:04   #2136

Squiddio POI

There has been a suggestion to move Sqiddio POI out of navobj.xml
and the normal routes and waypoints to make things easier, but where is the most appropriate place to move them from programming point of view?

1. Layers? Would squiddio_pi have access to the functions needed?
2. ODnavobj.xml or its own SQnavobj.xml with a duplication of portions of Ocpn_Draw code?

Mauro has said he would look into moving the POI, but I think there are Programmers who can best advise regarding this change.

There is a squiddio thread here. Its probably best to post your response there as Mauro will see it. Thanks.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2597138
Old 15-03-2018, 16:10   #2137

Re: Squiddio POI

Quote:
There has been a suggestion to move Sqiddio POI out of navobj.xml
and the normal routes and waypoints to make things easier, but where is the most appropriate place to move them from programming point of view?

1. Layers? Would squiddio_pi have access to the functions needed?
2. ODnavobj.xml or its own SQnavobj.xml with a duplication of portions of Ocpn_Draw code?

Mauro has said he would look into moving the POI, but I think there are Programmers who can best advise regarding this change.

There is a squiddio thread here. Its probably best to post your response there as Mauro will see it. Thanks.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2597138
Squidd.io waypoints are not saved in navobj.xml.

What exactly it is you would like it to do, without trying to envision how it has or not to be technically implemented?
Old 15-03-2018, 16:17   #2138

I think the request was made to get them out of Waypoints. I should probably check why the suggestion was made to start with, but I think it was that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (147).jpg
Views:	62
Size:	421.9 KB
ID:	166419  
Old 15-03-2018, 16:20   #2139

Quote:
I think the request was made to get them out of Waypoints. I should probably check why the suggestion was made to start with, but I think it was that.
OK, so basically rewrite most of the plugin, implementing the whole rendering logic and interaction with the user from scratch... Yes, it is doable.
Old 15-03-2018, 16:23   #2140

Ouch. I guess layers don't have access to the waypoint functions, they are kind of frozen.
I was kind of thinking that squiddio could have some layers of its own, and the waypoints would be in there.
Old 15-03-2018, 17:19   #2141
Marine Service Provider

Rick...

I think having Squiddio POIs occupy their own layer(s) is a very good idea. In my limited user-oriented experimentation, I did not like to see potentially thousands of Squiddio "destination" points intermingled with my other daily navigation points.

Implementation is another matter. Of course we can extend the API for O5 to make this easier. But that is later, at some undefined timeframe. We want something now for O482 and prior releases.

So we need to read the code and think about the best way to implement this now.

Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 18:13   #2142

Boat: Richter 42

Just a thought, if you are just doing POI and some text (I don't have access to squidio at the moment) could this be implemented using OD Text Points? They are geolocated, have rollover capability and can show the associated text all the time, on rollover or never. They can be in layers and the information is stored in the ODnavobj.xml file.

Regards
Jon
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 18:43   #2143

Thank you Bdbcat, Pavel and Jon, I think I picked up that the next cycle will probably be a long one. I had hoped this idea for moving squiddio PO! waypoints would eventually occur. It appears that it may be able occur in a sooner timeframe, in which case I think it would help squiddio, at a particular moment of growth and improvement. There appears to be interest in this plugin as an alternative to AC and Mauro appears to be focused on it.

coupdemistral
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2595024
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2595041
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2595051
Old 15-03-2018, 18:57   #2144

Boat: Dufour 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
Rick...

I think having Squiddio POIs occupy their own layer(s) is a very good idea. In my limited user-oriented experimentation, I did not like to see potentially thousands of Squiddio "destination" points intermingled with my other daily navigation points.

Implementation is another matter. Of course we can extend the API for O5 to make this easier. But that is later, at some undefined timeframe. We want something now for O482 and prior releases.

So we need to read the code and think about the best way to implement this now.

Dave
Dave

Isn't right click "Hide local Squiddio destinations" enough to take care of your problem?

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2018, 07:10   #2145

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
Dave

Isn't right click "Hide local Squiddio destinations" enough to take care of your problem?

Thomas
Well yes, it does remove the display of icons from the screen, however the POI remain in the Route Manager> Waypoint Tab, cluttering up navigation waypoints.

Others have noted this and made the request. It appears that Dave has noticed this too. It's not ideal as it is, and we can probably "live" with it, but there are new users migrating from AC who are asking for improvements and made this request, and I happen to agree with it. I think it is worthwhile thinking about it and at the least knowing what needs to be done. And many thanks to Dave for offering to think about it.