Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-07-2019, 03:31   #1

Boat: 33" Kingscruiser
display problem-II

I have OpenCPN running on my workstation and on a laptop, which I take with me when sailing. I have a lot of KAP-files from VentureFurther. They display fine on my workstation, but on the laptop, they are no longer visible. But a thin, red, square-like line appears around the area where the picture should be. Also, on the workstation a thick bar appears horizontally at the bottom of the screen. It is yellow for the CM93 map and dark blue for the KAP files. Also, this line does not appear on the laptop. I reinstalled OpenCPN without any effect. This effect appeared about 10 days ago, when I was sailing. What do I do wrong?
Asks,
Girouette

W10-64 PRO, OpenCPN 5.0.0, CM93
girouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 04:31   #2

Re: display problem-II

girouette ...

Is it possible that you do not have the folder set up for the location of the kap files on the laptop?

Options->Charts->Chart Files

Mike
Rasbats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 05:47   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by girouette View Post
I have OpenCPN running on my workstation and on a laptop, which I take with me when sailing. I have a lot of KAP-files from VentureFurther. They display fine on my workstation, but on the laptop, they are no longer visible. But a thin, red, square-like line appears around the area where the picture should be. Also, on the workstation a thick bar appears horizontally at the bottom of the screen. It is yellow for the CM93 map and dark blue for the KAP files. Also, this line does not appear on the laptop. I reinstalled OpenCPN without any effect. This effect appeared about 10 days ago, when I was sailing. What do I do wrong?
Asks,
Girouette

W10-64 PRO, OpenCPN 5.0.0, CM93
The "thin, red, square-like line appears around the area where the picture should be" is probably the "chart outline" for a chart that is not displayed.

The "thick bar appears horizontally at the bottom of the screen" is the "Chart Bar".

The "Chart Bar" should be made visible by selecting "Options" (the gear icon on the menu) and User Interface". Under "User Interface" in the "Interface Options" is "Show Chart Bar". Put a checkmark on the "Show Chart Bar". Then click "OK".

Now you should see blue boxes for KAP (raster) charts and a yellow box for CM93. Click on a blue box to select and view the KAP chart. You might have to zoom in.

Paul
.Paul. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 06:30   #4

Boat: 33" Kingscruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Paul. View Post
... The "Chart Bar" should be made visible by selecting "Options" (the gear icon on the menu) and User Interface"....

Paul

THanks Paul,

what a silly error, I must accidentally ...

Girouette
girouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 06:35   #5

Boat: Amel Sharki

As I have learned in another thread zooming raster charts does not work correct with OpenCPN v5.0. It has worked correct in OpenCPN v4.8.8 however.
See here:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2933279

I hate to say each update brings new functions and also brings bugs and broken old functions which has worked well before.
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote