Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-06-2018, 14:21   #1

Double Gps question

Hi everybody!

I run a Windows laptop with Opencpn connected via Usb to a Digital Yachts Iais device, which works great. the Iais device (which is also connected to simnet) merges in one Nmea 0183 stream the Ais datas with all the boat infos (depth, speed, heading, gps etc) and sends the lot to the pc via Usb.

As I would also like to connect a self standing gps to Opencpn, I wonder if there is a way to discard the gps datas coming from the Iais stream while keeping the other datas (Ais, depth, wind, etc).
Is it possible?
Best
J
Stria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2018, 14:54   #2

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: Double Gps question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stria View Post
Hi everybody!

I run a Windows laptop with Opencpn connected via Usb to a Digital Yachts Iais device, which works great. the Iais device (which is also connected to simnet) merges in one Nmea 0183 stream the Ais datas with all the boat infos (depth, speed, heading, gps etc) and sends the lot to the pc via Usb.

As I would also like to connect a self standing gps to Opencpn, I wonder if there is a way to discard the gps datas coming from the Iais stream while keeping the other datas (Ais, depth, wind, etc).
Is it possible?
Best
J
Yes, for every connection you can define include or exclude filters, whichever suits your use-case better, for the NMEA sentences. Just read and follow https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/do...ng:connections

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2018, 14:30   #3

Re: Double Gps question

Thanks a lot!
Stria is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gps