Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-09-2022, 09:37   #1

Boat: ETAP 30i
Error running test executable

To compile OpenCPN 5.6 under win10, I have been following the instructions here :
https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/do...piling_windows

Everything ran smoothly until I tried to build the debug version at this line :
cmake --build .

I get the following message:

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.24/Modules/GoogleTestAddTests.cmake:112 (message):
Error running test executable.

Path: 'C:/Users/alain/source/OpenCPN/build/test/Debug/tests.exe'
Result: Exit code 0xc0000135

(see picture)

The version of cmake is cmake-3.24.2-windows-x86_64.msi and the path environment variable is correctly registered.

If someone can tell me in which direction to look or better, explain to me the solution to implement, thank you in advance.

Edit : the red lines are not very readable, here is a copy paste

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\BuildTools\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Mi crosoft.CppCommon.targets(138,5): error MSB3073: La commande "setlocal [C:\Users\alain\source\OpenCPN\build\test\tests.v
cxproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\BuildTools\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Mi crosoft.CppCommon.targets(138,5): error MSB3073: "C:\Program Files\CMake\bin\cmake.exe" -D TEST_TARGET=tests -D TEST_EXE
CUTABLE=C:/Users/alain/source/OpenCPN/build/test/Debug/tests.exe -D TEST_EXECUTOR= -D TEST_WORKING_DIR=C:/Users/alain/source/OpenCPN/build/test -D TEST_EXTRA_ARGS= -D TEST_PROPERTIES= -D TEST_PREFIX= -D TEST_SU
FFIX= -D TEST_FILTER= -D NO_PRETTY_TYPES=FALSE -D NO_PRETTY_VALUES=FALSE -D TEST_LIST=tests_TESTS -D CTEST_FILE=C:/Users/alain/source/OpenCPN/build/test/tests[1]_tests.cmake -D TEST_DISCOVERY_TIMEOUT=5 -D TEST_
XML_OUTPUT_DIR= -P "C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.24/Modules/GoogleTestAddTests.cmake" [C:\Users\alain\source\OpenCPN\build\test\tests.vcx proj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\BuildTools\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Mi crosoft.CppCommon.targets(138,5): error MSB3073: if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto :cmEnd [C:\Users\alain\source\OpenCPN\build\
test\tests.vcxproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\BuildTools\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Mi crosoft.CppCommon.targets(138,5): error MSB3073: :cmEnd [C:\Users\alain\source\OpenCPN\build\test\tests.vcx proj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\BuildTools\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Mi crosoft.CppCommon.targets(138,5): error MSB3073: endlocal & call :cmErrorLevel %errorlevel% & goto :cmDone [C:\Users\ala
in\source\OpenCPN\build\test\tests.vcxproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\BuildTools\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Mi crosoft.CppCommon.targets(138,5): error MSB3073: :cmErrorLevel [C:\Users\alain\source\OpenCPN\build\test\tests.vcx proj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\BuildTools\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Mi crosoft.CppCommon.targets(138,5): error MSB3073: exit /b %1 [C:\Users\alain\source\OpenCPN\build\test\tests.vcx proj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\BuildTools\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Mi crosoft.CppCommon.targets(138,5): error MSB3073: :cmDone [C:\Users\alain\source\OpenCPN\build\test\tests.vcx proj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\BuildTools\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Mi crosoft.CppCommon.targets(138,5): error MSB3073: if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto :VCEnd [C:\Users\alain\source\OpenCPN\build\
test\tests.vcxproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\BuildTools\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Mi crosoft.CppCommon.targets(138,5): error MSB3073: :VCEnd" s'est arrêtée avec le code 1. [C:\Users\alain\source\OpenCPN\bu
ild\test\tests.vcxproj]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	feletre_erreur.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	460.4 KB
ID:	265090  
Schnapsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2022, 00:20   #2

Re: Error running test executable

Schnapsy ...

The latest build instructions are here:

https://opencpn-manuals.github.io/ma...e-windows.html

Mike
Rasbats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2022, 00:55   #3

Hello Mike,

Thanks for responding but...

... but the link you provide is exactly the one I provided in my original post.
I did everything exactly as indicated and I have this problem "Error running test executable" at this level: cmake --build .

All previous instructions including "cmake -G "Visual Studio 15 2017" -T v141_xp .." executed fine.

I reinstalled VisualStudio, as well as Cmake (which writes the environment path itself).
I must have made a mistake somewhere or an installation that didn't go well, but I can't find it.

N.B. if I continue the command lines, I get an opencpn.exe in the Release folder, but when I launch it, a message tells me that I am missing 3 dlls (archive.dll, liblzma.dll and zlib.dll ) which are in winbuild but the compiler cannot install them.

The test.exe error message that appears on line 112 of the file C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.24/Modules/GoogleTestAddTests.cmake refers to the test line 224 :

if(CMAKE_SCRIPT_MODE_FILE)
gtest_discover_tests_impl(
NO_PRETTY_TYPES ${NO_PRETTY_TYPES}
NO_PRETTY_VALUES ${NO_PRETTY_VALUES}
TEST_EXECUTABLE ${TEST_EXECUTABLE
etc...
Old 29-09-2022, 02:15   #4

Boat: Ovni 385

I am getting exactly the same error message when compiling under Windows. I do not understand why. But when you just once copy the 3 missing dll's to the OpenCPN folder in Program Files (from where you execute opencpn.exe) all seems to work fine despite the error message.
Douwe Fokkema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2022, 05:13   #5

Hello Douwe,

This reassures me (a little) because I feel that I have followed the instructions perfectly.
On the other hand, by adding the missing DLLs, other messages appear to indicate other missing elements.

In the list, I did not find LIBEAY32.dll and SSLEAY32.dll.

Could it be because the PC is 64 bits and not 32?

Anyway, having to add dlls does not satisfy me.

There must be a solution...
Old 29-09-2022, 06:12   #6
Marine Service Provider

Schnapsy...
I assume you are trying to build from github "master" branch, for test purposes only. Please know that Master branch is in no way suitable for actual navigation. It is our development branch, and is often broken in subtle ways.

If you wish to proceed, you may try this substitution of the documented steps:

"cmake -G "Visual Studio 15 2017" -T v141_xp -DOCPN_BUILD_TEST=OFF .."

Or, if you want to reproduce the current Production flavor, you should be using branch "v5.6.x".

Good Luck
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2022, 06:52   #7

It's ok, I made it...

And perhaps, this solution may be useful to others...

Initially, as indicated in the user manual, I had installed Cmake with the installer (cf. Get the latest CMake installation packages from https://cmake.org).
This installer installs Cmake in Program Files and automatically registers the environment path.

So I uninstalled cmake properly and downloaded the .zip (and not the .msi).
I unpacked Cmake in the source folder (where wxwidgets and OpenCPN are also) and manually wrote the environment path in System.
Because of this, there is no space in the Cmake path (unlike Program Files).

And I get - finally - opencpn_5.7.1_setup.exe

Did this installation error come from the fact that there is a space in the path (Program Files)? I do not know...

But if so, maybe it should imho be specified in the latest build instructions.

Old 29-09-2022, 07:00   #8

@Dave,

Thank you for your message - which I have just read - but I had already tested your solution with an old version of OpenCPN.

In my case, it was only by modifying the Cmake path that I finally managed to build OpenCPN.