Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 16-11-2012, 14:21   #1276

Boat: Dufour 35
Re: Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthenorth View Post
Maybe this already exists - if so I haven't found it. If you have a route plotted through a narrow pass and want to check the current it can be very difficult or impossible to right click the little current arrow because the context dialog for the route will always come up rather than the current display. If there was a way to jump to the current display from a list or to search for a current display that would solve the situation I refer to. The workaround is that you can zoom until you finally get to a resolution that enables selecting the current icon but in a narrow pass that can be a very high zoom level and sometimes you have a lot going on in those narrow passes so changing the zoom that much may not be convenient.
This is a good time to fix this matter, I think. In the latest beta, focused menus were introduced. I think that the cases with the tide & current icons may have been overlooked. I certainly did not consider them when testing. For more see
FS #918

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 07:02   #1277

Boat: 29'

Quote:
Originally Posted by glywn380 View Post
Addendum to post 1270: I found that if you append waypoint from the right click menu and drop a waypoint very close to an existing one it gives the option to use nearby, but puts it at the end of the route, so most of the instance one functionality is there, just needs to be extended to mid point insertions. Instance 2 there is delete in the right click menu but no add, which would be a welcome addition.
Maybe the approach could be to have a way to delete the leg of the route -it breaks the route, see?-and then append (draw line to new wpt "Use nearby wpt?" pops up ) and then keep drawing to rejoin it to the broken route. (use nearby wpt? pops up again)
The choice-on-a-list system just sounds very difficult to use -so easy to click the wrong wpt in what could be a huge list- and would cover up lot of screen real estate
HappySeagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 08:54   #1278

Location: Behind the garlic curtain - east central Saskatchewan
Boat: Baylurker 2755

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySeagull View Post
bobofthenorth, other workarounds might be, toggle the route's visibility-
???

How do you do that? I think that would be a wonderful tool but I don't see anywhere to do it.
bobofthenorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 09:15   #1279

Quote:
Maybe the approach could be to have a way to delete the leg of the route -it breaks the route, see?-and then append (draw line to new wpt "Use nearby wpt?" pops up ) and then keep drawing to rejoin it to the broken route. (use nearby wpt? pops up again)
The choice-on-a-list system just sounds very difficult to use -so easy to click the wrong wpt in what could be a huge list- and would cover up lot of screen real estate

Make 2 new waypoints and split the route in route properties, after delete the waypoints by using remove waypoint from the route after you ca do as you say.
Bye
P_Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 10:47   #1280

Quote:
???

How do you do that? I think that would be a wonderful tool but I don't see anywhere to do it.
In the "Route Managers" Route tab, there is a line for each route.
At the start of each such line there is an "eye". Click to make invisible.
The eye goes. Click the same place again, the eye comes back and the route is visible again.

Thomas
Old 17-11-2012, 14:03   #1281

VECTOR CHART TEXT ORIENTATION

May I again request what many contributors have asked for previously and that is for the Vector Chart text to orientate so that it follows the boats heading.

This has been requested many times previously but has yet to be incorporated into the program. Is there a reason for this ????
dougwm10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 14:33   #1282

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
In the "Route Managers" Route tab, there is a line for each route.
At the start of each such line there is an "eye". Click to make invisible.
The eye goes. Click the same place again, the eye comes back and the route is visible again.Thomas
Whale oil beef hooked.

Thank you.

At the risk of sounding whiney though, I think you should consider making that feature more evident. I've been using O for 2 years now & its all I use. I've wanted that feature and I've looked for it but never discovered it until just now. Maybe it could be an option in the route context menu? Or maybe there could be a popup when you mouse over the eye? I always thought the eye was just a fancy bullet point. It never occurred to me to click on it.

But thank you.
Old 17-11-2012, 14:40   #1283

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougwm10 View Post
VECTOR CHART TEXT ORIENTATION

May I again request what many contributors have asked for previously and that is for the Vector Chart text to orientate so that it follows the boats heading.

This has been requested many times previously but has yet to be incorporated into the program. Is there a reason for this ????
??????
It is implemented in stable 3.0.1, and documented in "new features in version 3.0" as well as in the manual. Note that it requires OpenGL rendering to be on.
I just took this screen-shot.
Click image for larger version

Name:	txt.png
Views:	143
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	49865

Thomas
Old 17-11-2012, 14:58   #1284

Quote:
Whale oil beef hooked.

Thank you.

At the risk of sounding whiney though, I think you should consider making that feature more evident. I've been using O for 2 years now & its all I use. I've wanted that feature and I've looked for it but never discovered it until just now. Maybe it could be an option in the route context menu? Or maybe there could be a popup when you mouse over the eye? I always thought the eye was just a fancy bullet point. It never occurred to me to click on it.

But thank you.
(Here's an opportunity for a harmony of whines I can't pass up)- I'd request there be an eyeball with a little cross on it or similar indicator when the visibility is off, instead of just a blank....
Old 17-11-2012, 18:17   #1285

I had another look at the table in the route manager - all it would take is a heading on the column over the little eyes - like the headings on all the other columns.
Old 17-11-2012, 18:27   #1286

Hi Cagney

What I forgot to note was the ability to use this feature without having the requirement to use OpenGL as this causes problems on older computer systems running Win XP pro
dougwm10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 05:21   #1287

Re: Feature Requests Active Captain

Is there any plans to include Active Captain capability in Open Captain.
https://activecaptain.com/index.php
Some other software offers the ability to download Active Captain and use it offline. Might be useful.
Thanks
Bob
svadagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 07:35   #1288

Quote:
I had another look at the table in the route manager - all it would take is a heading on the column over the little eyes - like the headings on all the other columns.
bobothenorth, interesting point but what should it say?
The waypoints page says "Icons", which doesn't exactly describe the "hiding/visibility" function.
and Space is very limited in these button titles unless the user drags the borders and corners around from the default size.( O only remembers these for current session without some deeper tweaking)

"Hide/See" might indicate the function on all the pages for this button. But I still would like a little 
Name:   eyeballX.png
Views: 268
Size:  372 Bytes

(fs# 896)
Old 24-11-2012, 07:18   #1289

Boat: Gemini 3200

Quote:
bobothenorth, interesting point but what should it say?
"Show"

Fabbian
fgd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 10:46   #1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgd3 View Post
"Show"

Fabbian
better yet!