Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 22-12-2012, 06:56   #1321

Boat: 29'
Re: Feature Requests

Hakan, how about running O "portably". You can run as many O's as you like and they will all keep their own settings, write their own ini files.
"Portable" is not just for usb sticks. Undocumented (?) trick is to open a shortcut's properties and add "-p" like this:

"D:\KEEPERS\Navigation\OPEN CPNinstall+help\OPCN_3_PORTABLE3.1.220\opencpn.exe " -p

your own path will be there, of course. -p is all you need add.
HappySeagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 08:13   #1322

Boat: Najad 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySeagull View Post
Hakan, how about running O "portably". You can run as many O's as you like and they will all keep their own settings, write their own ini files.
"Portable" is not just for usb sticks. Undocumented (?) trick is to open a shortcut's properties and add "-p" like this:

"D:\KEEPERS\Navigation\OPEN CPNinstall+help\OPCN_3_PORTABLE3.1.220\opencpn.exe " -p

your own path will be there, of course. -p is all you need add.
Thanks Happy..
I'll give it a try. The wiki says not much so far. There must be some pointer to edit since when I add charts from c:\CM93.. the result is ..\..\CM93.. and that path is of course hard to find in the file table. I'll have a look in the config file and revert.
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 10:10   #1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Thanks Happy..
I'll give it a try. The wiki says not much so far. There must be some pointer to edit since when I add charts from c:\CM93.. the result is ..\..\CM93.. and that path is of course hard to find in the file table. I'll have a look in the config file and revert.
Reverting:
Well as usual?? wiki says more then imagined if I just investigate deep enough
The -p way seems to be fairly good. No need for further work on this. Close ticket if it ever became one. I'll try how adapt serial ports. Maybe I just use VSPE or similar to share the physicals.
Very good Happy.. and thanks. Can I say "lovely bird"?
Now they're shouting something about Christmas preparations and stuff. Ever heard?? Please enjoy the days
Old 22-12-2012, 10:33   #1324

(...yes, we do like to YELL! it's really our method of Radio, transmitting to everybody everywhere -but no batteries needed. )
sorry, I tend to miss out parts that would help the reader's comprehension....just ask when it ain't plain ...a desktop shortcut to opencpn.exe in the portable folder is what I meant(no "bat" file needed) -but! I think you have it!

Merry Christmas to you!
Old 25-12-2012, 01:23   #1325

Boat: BENETEAU

Hello,

This request feature is only a cosmetic one :

When initializing OpenCPN, all the languages are imported on the machine. May I suggest to propose an Language option which provide you the ability to swap from an language to another one.

Regards
Serge
AISEAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 12:30   #1326

Hello,
in the route manager, if we click on Name, the route are sorted, it's good,
it would be even better, if the order of drawing lines was also changed.
One could then select, in the case of two routes one on the other, which was below.
tiersp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 13:41   #1327

Boat: Marine Trader 34DC

I have to admit that I haven't read through all of the threads on requests so forgive me if this has been mentioned before. How about a tide graph for the chart area displayed across the top of the OpenCPN window so you can see instantly the state of the tides? Chuck

The Trawler Beach House
Voyages Of Sea Trek
AnchorageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 14:07   #1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterwayguy View Post
I have to admit that I haven't read through all of the threads on requests so forgive me if this has been mentioned before. How about a tide graph for the chart area displayed across the top of the OpenCPN window so you can see instantly the state of the tides? Chuck

If you right click on a tide bar you will see what you are asking.
Also brig the mouse pointer over the curve and it will give you the informations.
Bye
P_Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 15:28   #1329

Boat: Marine Trader 34DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dub View Post
If you right click on a tide bar you will see what you are asking.
Also brig the mouse pointer over the curve and it will give you the informations.
Bye
I understand that but thinking something more permanent without having to search around on the chart might be a good addition at some point. Chuck

The Trawler Beach House
Voyages Of Sea Trek
AnchorageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 09:50   #1330

Sound Customization Path:

Just Like it has been done for Tides ans Currents, it would be great to the ability to specify a path where the user can store it's own sounds samples.
At the arrival of a new version, no action will be required from the user (this is not the case actually).
Serge
Old 06-01-2013, 08:47   #1331

Hi everybody,

Storing Waypoint as a single Point Of Interest (POI) :

When acting on a waypoint, several options are offered but not the storage one.

Serge
Old 14-01-2013, 07:49   #1332

....In the Toolbox/Charts/Vector Charts dialogue, choosing a Display Category ( "Base", "Standard", "Other" or "Mariner's Standard") automatically filled in the pertaining checkmarks in the Mariner's Standard box?

This would indicate just what each Display Category was comprised of, and also supply various baselines to add to or reset to a practical minimum. ie: Standard or Other or the very minimal Base .
Mariner's Standard as a "display category" would remain because it indicates the Options have been tweaked.
Old 21-01-2013, 10:11   #1333

Introduce an alternative source for magnetic variation, MV, into the ECRMC sentence

Make it possible to get MV value from either GPS NMEA sentence GPRMC, as of today, or the WMM module’s value if present.
A switch button for manually choice of a source would be present.

Background:
The NMEA ECRMC sentence is built within OpenCPN and is broadcasted when a “navigate to” route or point is active.
Most autopilots use the RMC’s MV value to correct the course to steer. Without a correct MV the steered course can drift causing later big corrections and an agitated control.
The ECRMC’s MV value can be false due to old data base in the GPS sending GPRMC.
The ECRMC’s MV value can be absent if GP-- data source is an AIS which often won’t supply a MV value.
If the WMM module with a due data base is present a correct MV value is then existing inside OpenCPN.

Suggested behaviour:
The user can and has to evaluate the confidentiality before change of MV source.
The switch button for choice of source could preferably be present in the WMM preferences’ window or in the OpenCPN “data connection” tab.
It is only field #10 in the ECRMC sentence that shall have different source opportunities. The rest of the sentence shall be built as of today’s coding.
Default source ought to be the GPS’ GPRMC as of today’s code. That’s probably that GPRMC sentence having the highest priority?

This request is already present in thread “OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.1319 Released” #16 but I suppose it fits better here.
Thanks Håkan
Old 28-01-2013, 19:42   #1334

add the full screen option in the program settings
OpenCPN to run at once in full screen
According to my features from the tracker that it will be done?
no reply was.

Setting measurement units
OpenCPN::Tracker All Projects: Tasklist
National texts in the ENC charts
OpenCPN::Tracker All Projects: Tasklist
Baikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 19:49   #1335

Boat: Phantom 19

Baikal...
try to hit F11

Your feature requests will be considered and perhaps implemented when someone has time to do so, we are also just human beings

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote