Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-07-2015, 13:09   #16

Re: GRadar Plugin Issue - Stuck in Standby State

Hi Chuck,

I installed another laptop with Win XP Pro SP3. I got the plugin up and running in 5 minutes. Encouraging, but frustrating at the same time.
I read the thread you mentioned in post 2 and followed the same steps as Helmsmatt at the very beginning of my investigations. Basically, it is about defining rules or exceptions in the firewall. On top of that, there are many differences between the home and pro editions of win7 in regard to networking.
I would like to identify what is blocking the communication but I miss background information on the plugin itself. Is it using only UDP protocol ?
I think it could be valuable for other users to get the right config on win7....

Thanks for your support
Olivier
lillu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2015, 13:51   #17

Boat: Hylas 44

Hi Oliver

I'm glad you got it running on XP. I was beginning to suspect the garmin transmitter.

If you can install wireshark on the xp you will see that UDP is used for all messages between the plugin and the transmitter; except of-course the ARP messages.

chuck
ChuckSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 03:42   #18

Boat: Island Trader 1981, 37 feet

You say:

2. I defined a static IP Address on my LAN Network Adapter: I used 172.16.2.1, Subnet Mask: 255.255.240.0

3. I disabled the firewall completely

How and where do you do that?
CapSud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 00:48   #19

Hi!
I had the same problem. After the countdown the radar were stuck in standby mode.
What I had to do to make it work was to right click the mouse and choose Garmin radar control menu item. When the menu pops up the first thing you have to do is to choose master mode(or slave mode if you have a garmin plotter). Then you start the radar with the hardware switch you installed, and the icon in the menu bar will start downcounting. At this point you can hear the radar working. When its done downcounting it goes into standby mode and you cant hear the radar anymore. Dobleclick on the radar icon and it starts working ! :-)
rogerbl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plug, radar