Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-01-2017, 11:08   #1141

Re: Help / FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Good to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

You've to use the Watchdog_pi(WD) and OCPN_Draw_pi(OD) plugins. In WD you can get an alarm or a message if an AIS target is inside or not longer inside a zone specified in OD. (Several options.)
Håkan
Thanks, I will take a look at those plugins.
cgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 03:48   #1142

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Hakan, These techniquus should become a page in Advanced! When I get a chance, I will do so, also the earlier wifi technique.

Cgreen how about reviewing/crating one of the simpler plugins documentation for us?
We encourage all users to become Editors to maintain the manual!
rgleason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 03:49   #1143

You'll learn more about OpenCPN guaranteed!
Old 17-01-2017, 06:03   #1144

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Hakan, These techniquus should become a page in Advanced! When I get a chance, I will do so, also the earlier wifi technique.

Cgreen how about reviewing/crating one of the simpler plugins documentation for us?
We encourage all users to become Editors to maintain the manual!
Sure, I will eventually get a few notes together. I've got some further setup and testing to do first, to try and make sure I've got a robust solution for what I need to do... Thanks.
Old 14-02-2017, 00:12   #1145

Hi OpenCPN team. While trying to compile on Windows (VS2015) faced with the problem.

Quote:
Error LNK1120 1 unresolved externals chartdldr_pi C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\OpenCPN-4.4.0\build\plugins\chartdldr_pi\Debug\chartdldr_p i.dll 1
Error LNK2005 _XML_ParserCreate already defined in wxexpatd.lib(xmlparse.obj) opencpn C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\OpenCPN-4.4.0\build\expat.lib(expat.dll) 1
Error LNK2005 _XML_SetElementHandler already defined in wxexpatd.lib(xmlparse.obj) opencpn C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\OpenCPN-4.4.0\build\expat.lib(expat.dll) 1
Error LNK2005 _XML_SetCharacterDataHandler already defined in wxexpatd.lib(xmlparse.obj) opencpn C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\OpenCPN-4.4.0\build\expat.lib(expat.dll) 1
Error LNK2005 _XML_SetCommentHandler already defined in wxexpatd.lib(xmlparse.obj) opencpn C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\OpenCPN-4.4.0\build\expat.lib(expat.dll) 1
Error LNK2005 _XML_SetDefaultHandler already defined in wxexpatd.lib(xmlparse.obj) opencpn C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\OpenCPN-4.4.0\build\expat.lib(expat.dll) 1
Error LNK2005 _XML_SetUnknownEncodingHandler already defined in wxexpatd.lib(xmlparse.obj) opencpn C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\OpenCPN-4.4.0\build\expat.lib(expat.dll) 1
Error LNK2005 _XML_SetUserData already defined in wxexpatd.lib(xmlparse.obj) opencpn C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\OpenCPN-4.4.0\build\expat.lib(expat.dll) 1
Error LNK2005 _XML_Parse already defined in wxexpatd.lib(xmlparse.obj) opencpn C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\OpenCPN-4.4.0\build\expat.lib(expat.dll) 1
Error LNK2005 _XML_GetErrorCode already defined in wxexpatd.lib(xmlparse.obj) opencpn C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\OpenCPN-4.4.0\build\expat.lib(expat.dll) 1
Error LNK2005 _XML_GetCurrentLineNumber already defined in wxexpatd.lib(xmlparse.obj) opencpn C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\OpenCPN-4.4.0\build\expat.lib(expat.dll) 1
Error LNK2005 _XML_ParserFree already defined in wxexpatd.lib(xmlparse.obj) opencpn C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\OpenCPN-4.4.0\build\expat.lib(expat.dll) 1
Error LNK2005 _XML_ErrorString already defined in wxexpatd.lib(xmlparse.obj) opencpn C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\OpenCPN-4.4.0\build\expat.lib(expat.dll) 1
Error LNK1169 one or more multiply defined symbols found opencpn C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\OpenCPN-4.4.0\build\Debug\opencpn.exe 1
Error LNK2001 unresolved external symbol "int const wxEVT_DOWNLOAD_EVENT" (?wxEVT_DOWNLOAD_EVENT@@3HB) chartdldr_pi C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\OpenCPN-4.4.0\build\plugins\chartdldr_pi\chartdldr_pi.obj 1
stn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 03:52   #1146

Boat: Valiant 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by stn92 View Post
Hi OpenCPN team. While trying to compile on Windows (VS2015) faced with the problem.
It's nearly impossible to say what is wrong. It seems you are not following precisely the Windows build instructions. If you follow the instructions exactly you will never arrive at such a directory structure. My advice would be to start over and follow the developer manual instructions precisely. Try to build the current git master. Once that works you can try checking out the old 4.4 branch and see if it will build. Why are you building 4.4?
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 08:03   #1147

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitterdan View Post
It seems you are not following precisely the Windows build instructions. I Why are you building 4.4?
I tried again many times, trying to follow instructions precisely, and every time I encountered such a problem. First I tried to compile master brunch, but then an another versions, including 4.4
It seams like the linker found the same definitions in both expat.dll and wxexpatd.dll libraries. But i downloaded an the expat and other binary dependies according to instructions from this link https://sourceforge.net/projects/ope...in.7z/download
Old 15-02-2017, 05:59   #1148

Stn92,

What wx version are you using?

Are you running cmake from command line or building from inside the VS2105 IDE?

I just built the master branch with VS2015 and did not get such errors.

If you follow directions exactly you will have some directory like this:

C:\users\bla\bla\OpenCPN\build

I don't see OpenCPN\build which you should get by following the directions exactly.
Old 15-02-2017, 06:23   #1149

Quote:
Stn92,

Quote:
Cmake? From Cmake GUI. Compilation from VS2015 GUI

Quote:

I don't see OpenCPN\build which you should get by following the directions exactly.
Sorry, but I have just such a directory structure
Quote:
Error LNK2005 _XML_ParserCreate already defined in wxexpatd.lib(xmlparse.obj) opencpn C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\Project\OpenCPN-master\build\expat.lib(expat.dll) 1
Old 15-02-2017, 08:33   #1150

Quote:
Stn92,

Quote:
Cmake from Cmake GUI. Сompiling from VS2015 GUI

Quote:

But i have.
Quote:
Error LNK2005 _XML_ParserCreate already defined in wxexpatd.lib(xmlparse.obj) opencpn C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\Project\OpenCPN-master\build\expat.lib(expat.dll) 1
Full patch to my build directoty is - C:\Users\virtualBox\Desktop\Project\OpenCPN-master\build

Old 15-02-2017, 10:29   #1151

If you use git clone to create the source tree you will never see a folder named OpenCPN-master. I have no idea how you got that.
Old 15-02-2017, 11:09   #1152

Quote:
If you use git clone to create the source tree you will never see a folder named OpenCPN-master. I have no idea how you got that.
I downloaded zip archive. That`s why i have this folder name.Now I have used "clone git" and I have another folder name but the same compile errors.
Old 16-02-2017, 06:32   #1153

A quick question about Watchdog: If you have a boundary (exclusion) alarm setup, aside from the available audible alarm, message box, and command options, is there anywhere that the boundary name gets logged or is made available at the time that the alarm triggers. In other words, if I have a boundary called NoGo35 or something, when I get close to or cross into that exclusion zone, is that alarm recorded anywhere? Thanks for any pointers. Chris
Old 16-02-2017, 14:59   #1154

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgreen View Post
A quick question about Watchdog: If you have a boundary (exclusion) alarm setup, aside from the available audible alarm, message box, and command options, is there anywhere that the boundary name gets logged or is made available at the time that the alarm triggers. In other words, if I have a boundary called NoGo35 or something, when I get close to or cross into that exclusion zone, is that alarm recorded anywhere? Thanks for any pointers. Chris
I maybe should make this question a bit more specific. Is there a way to log watchdog alarms to a file? This would be very useful, acting as an audit trail (log file) of alarms as they occur. Chris.
Old 18-02-2017, 05:51   #1155

Cgreen I don't believe that feature exists. You could make a feature request under Tracker - pi_watchdog