Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-10-2015, 04:27   #76
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39
Re: Hydrographic Survey Plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasbats View Post
Hubert,

Sorry, no documentation yet. I have just played with the settings preferences Pavel made.

Mike
I asked because there is no drawing - just the panel with the data. 4.0.0

Hubert

Added: with OpenGL OFF the soundings do appear!
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2015, 04:54   #77

Rick ...
With cmake I basically re-built OpenCPN with survey_pi included. I think you may be building from the survey_pi folder, not the OpenCPN/build folder. Using OpenCPN/build cmake will pick up tinyxml from the OpenCPN src/include folders.

You definitely need C:\OSGeo4 installed, for the extra binary files.

db.sql was the database file that Pavel used to 'seed' the original plugin. It should not now be needed. You can make a new survey and import from nohal_soundings.gmp or another gmp file.

Not able to understand why the plugin is not running on 4.0.0 or 4.1.925. With iconv.dll in the OpenCPN folder alongside opencpn.exe it should be ok.

This plugin is nowhere near releasing at the moment. It is not worth too much time. My posts were intended to elicit a comment or two, which have already proved useful.

Mike
Rasbats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2015, 06:13   #78

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Just installed OSGeo4W Desktop 32bit and there was no prompt for what to install, it just took 43 minutes and used 1.81gb of my disk space. I do a search for the files listed and find iconv.dll and freexl.dll under apps/saga, but the other two don't seem to show although other files come up in the search.

What did I do wrong? it is under C:/OSGeo4W

Can't say as I am going to keep all this. There is no remove under program install. Do I just delete it when the time comes?

===

Just saw your note above: Yes I was compiling standalone. Thanks for the other explanations.

What program uses gmp? I see it is a text file. Thanks for bearing with my questions.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2015, 07:45   #79

Thanks for all your efforts. OpenGL was not implemented in the original plugin.

It was too early to try this, and needs a lot more testing at this end.

Please delete the plugin manually.

Mike
Old 17-10-2015, 09:01   #80

Mike, I am just reporting as I go along. Now that it is installed I am going to try to compile! Also I just found desktop icons for OSGeo4W shell, OSGeo4W, OpenEV Msys Shell and Grass GIS7.0.1 all of these are command prompt programs, so I can delete them easily enough I think. I just wonder if the website has changed a little insofar as installation routine, or perhaps I did not select the correct download program.

Anyway I will now try to compile from opencpn v4.1.925 current.
Old 17-10-2015, 09:12   #81

Rick ...

The file I downloaded for OSGeo4W was 'osgeo4w-setup-x86.exe'.

After running this left me with C:\OSGeo4W\ and folders apps,bin,etc,include,lib,share,var.

Mike
Old 17-10-2015, 09:14   #82

Dear Mike,

Copied survey_pi to C:\Users\..\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\mr-survey_pi\
The tried to build from the build directory

Quote:
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build>cd C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugi ns
\mr-survey_pi\build

C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugi ns\mr-survey_pi\build>cmake -T v120_xp ..
-- *** Building survey_pi ***
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:55 (INCLUDE):
include called with wrong number of arguments. include() only takes one
file.

-- tinyxml library not found
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:168 (ADD_DEPENDENCIES):
add_dependencies called with incorrect number of arguments

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/Users/Rick/Documents/GitHub/OpenCPN/build/plugins/mr-survey_pi/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOu
tput.log".

C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugi ns\mr-survey_pi\build>
So then I stepped back and tried building from
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build
with cmake -T v120_xp .. and cmake --build . --config release
and the compile does not touch the foreign plugin directory mr-survey_pi

Am I missing something here?
I think perhaps the cmakelists.txt needs a little bit of doctoring. How the devil do you compile it? In linux?

Would very much like to be able to do this.
Old 17-10-2015, 09:18   #83

Yes, that's the file name "osgeo4w-setup-x86.exe" copied name from my download subdirectory. I did not see any meaningful choices related to the files mentioned in the readme, so I just installed it, 1.81 gb.
Old 17-10-2015, 09:19   #84

I am going to try messing with the cmakelists.txt file tonight to get those 3 errors fixed.
Old 18-10-2015, 19:09   #85

Success. A rather long blow by blow next. More later.
-------

From the readme.
"Compilation on Windows:Get OSGeo4Win: OSGeo4WInstall the following libraries: proj.4, freexl, geos, iconvIf you don't like the default location C:\OSGeo4W, you will have to modify CMakeLists.txt"

I think I must have all of these because it downloaded everything 1.81 gb. I believe the names are a little different now. The apps directory has grass, msvcrt, msys, openev, orfeotoolbox, Python27, qgis, Qt4, saga. The bin has gdaplugins, osgPlugins-3.1.7 and lots of other files.
Also there are no complaints about that when I run Cmake.
I think the Readme instructions for installation of OSGeo4Win modules should be more specific and explicit to avoid the big download and to align the module names properly.
Search for "proj.4"
found file:///C:/OSGeo4W/apps/grass/grass-6.4.4/docs/html/v.proj.html
"NAME v.proj - Re-projects a vector map from one location to the current location.
KEYWORDS vector, projection, transformation
and down under
REFERENCES
PROJ 4: Projection/datum support library.
http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/"
------
Search for "freexl"
found freexl_i.lib and freexl.dll under C:\OSGeo4W
------
Search for "geos"
Found many files geos.* under C:\OSGeo4W
------
Search for "iconv"
Found many files iconv.* under C:\OSGeo4W
--------

From the Readme:
"Usage on WindowsCopy the following DLLs to the OpenCPN program folder: freexl.dll, geos_c.dll, proj.dll, iconv.dll - They can be found in the bin subfolder of your OSGeo4W instalation"
Found in C:\OSGeo4W\bin
freexl.dll
geos_c.dll
proj.dll
iconv.dll
copied to C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN

-----
Then after git clone opencpn
mkdir build
copy opencpn.lib into build directory
cd build
cmake -T v120_xp ..
cmake --build . --config release

It built successfully! Just had to follow instructions carefully.

Build succeeded.
"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\ALL_ BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plug ins\mr-survey_pi\survey_pi.vcxproj" (default target) (19) ->
(ClCompile target) ->
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\mr-survey_pi\src\survey_pi.cpp(887): warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
[C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugi ns\mr-survey_pi\survey_pi.vcxproj]
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\mr-survey_pi\src\mygridtablebase.cpp(44): warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
[C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugi ns\mr-survey_pi\survey_pi.vcxproj]
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\mr-survey_pi\src\mygridtablebase.cpp(82): warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\mr-survey_pi\src\soundinggridtable.cpp(10): warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\mr-survey_pi\src\ProfileWin.cpp(170): warning C4101: 'bsy' : unreferenced local variable
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\mr-survey_pi\src\ProfileWin.cpp(170): warning C4101: 'bpy' : unreferenced local variable
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\mr-survey_pi\src\ProfileWin.cpp(170): warning C4101: 'bpx' : unreferenced local variable
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\mr-survey_pi\src\ProfileWin.cpp(170): warning C4101: 'bsx' : unreferenced local variable
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\mr-survey_pi\src\ProfileWin.cpp(346): warning C4101: 'val' : unreferenced local variable
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\mr-survey_pi\src\ProfileWin.cpp(345): warning C4101: 'dir' : unreferenced local variable
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\mr-survey_pi\src\ProfileWin.cpp(349): warning C4101: 'wt' : unreferenced local variable
[C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugi ns\mr-surv ey_pi\survey_pi.vcxproj]
C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\plugins\mr-survey_pi\src\libspatialite-amalgamation-3.0.1\spatialite.c(41305): warning C4005: 'isnan' : macro redefinition [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugi ns\mr-survey_pi\survey_pi.vcxproj] lex.VanuatuWkt.c(1637): warning C4273: '_isatty' : inconsistent dll linkage [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugi ns\mr-survey_pi\survey_pi.vcxproj] lex.Kml.c(4052): warning C4101: 'proj_from' : unreferenced local variable [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugi ns\mr-survey_pi\survey_pi.vcxproj] lex.Kml.c(4053): warning C4101: 'proj_to' : unreferenced local variable
[C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugi ns\mr-survey_pi\survey_pi.vcxproj] lex.Gml.c(851): warning C4102: 'find_rule' : unreferenced label
16 Warning(s)
0 Error(s)
16 warnings, no Errors

I found a current date and time survey_pi under C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugi ns\mr-survey_pi\release
and copied it to C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenCPN 4.1.925\plugins
I made sure to copy
freexl.dll
geos_c.dll
proj.dll
iconv.dll

to the main OpenCPN directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenCPN 4.1.925\

Then tried running the program and plugin and they seem to be working, at least the plugin can be enabled, and the preference screen comes up, and I can open the plugin.

Old 19-10-2015, 02:46   #86

Rick ...

Many thanks for your work. I have been trying to modify 'CMakeLists.txt' etc etc to compile a standalone plugin .... without success!

Mike
Old 19-10-2015, 17:11   #87

Here are some screen shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Survey-Plugin.png
Views:	182
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	111266   Click image for larger version

Name:	Survey-Pref-Plugin.png
Views:	195
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	111267  

Old 19-10-2015, 17:24   #88

I entered a Survey Name

I tried to "Import" one of the *.gmp files from the Extra directory and nothing happened.
I also tried running some nmea files with VDR, then I tried to "Read Nmea" and selected the Rausch nmea file then there is a window asking how many depth points. No matter what I enter nothing seems to happen.

Do you have any suggestions for me, so I can test some of the functions of this plugin?

Aren't there supposed to be entries showing up in the Tabs "Soundings" and "Profile" ?

I just did notice that there is annotation on the chart, please see the attached photo. It looks to me like the scale is way off for the survey.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Survey-on-chart-Scale-Problem-Question.png
Views:	193
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	111269  
Old 19-10-2015, 17:47   #89

I tried another file VDR-AIS-file.txt from Opencpn Beta File Thingie, Nmea directory and I started to get something when I "Read Nmea"
This file creates a db list under "Soundings" and a trail of depth soundings shown in the screenshot attached.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Survey-with-VDR-AIS-txt.png
Views:	200
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	111275  
Old 20-10-2015, 05:12   #90

Rick ...

It looks like you have imported nohal_soundings.gmp. At the moment you need to use the dropdown to re-select the survey name. When you do this the soundings will appear in the table. I would delete all your surveys and make a new survey and try this .gmp again to make it easier to see the new soundings. 'Profile' had so many problems I commented it out for the time being. At the moment I think all the soundings of all the surveys in the database are plotted. Need to make a way of only rendering soundings from the survey in the dropdown.

I messed up the toggle Pavel made for recording NMEA from a connection to instruments. However, if you start a new survey again and play a VDR file using the VDR plugin you will see that the depth information appears in the table anyway, just no way of stopping or starting it yet. With this I found that Lat and Lon were reversed (fix not yet uploaded to GitHub) so you need to zoom out a long way to find the (wrongly plotted) soundings on the chart.

Mike

Tags
survey