Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2022, 03:12   #1

Boat: Marie Jeanne 43
Improve OCPN for ground routing

Hello!
I love OCPN, many great features and I use it when navigating, but also when I am in my house and route other people crossing oceans.
I find some limitations in this case :

1/ If I route different boats, it would be fine to be able to load different contexts stored in different file in their respective folders.

2/ I would love to have automatic transfers of the reported boat's positions (usually transmitted by Iridium trackers like SPOT, Iridium GO, etc....) and display their tracks and name the points. Marine Traffic positions could be useful too.
  • This feature could also be very useful for MRCC who could easily plot positions of the disabled vessel on the same plotter than salvaging boats.
  • Same for fleet managers.
Ex (attachment) : trying to manage a rendez-vous between the vessel I route, which has lost rudder, and an other boat. I have to manually report all positions.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Traces rencontre JEROBOAM.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	258730

3/ I would like a weather table along track rather than a at the cursor location (given a manually entered SOG and COG) (like the one attached)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Meteotable_St-Malo.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	258731
I do it with the autorouting module, but :
  • There is no "table" feature displaying weather time slot after time slot along track
  • It depends too much on the polar and options given
  • it displays only on the calculated fastest route
PiAn is offline   Reply With Quote