Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2021, 08:06   #1

Boat: Island Packet, IP40
Issue: US ACE Inland ENC Charts update all issue: (Mac OSx) MBP - OpenCPN ver 5.2.4

Title says it all. The issue started Thu (I update all maps everyday unless no internet; no issue prior).

When I click on "Update All" the program:

1) will struggle to progress past "1 of 46"; then after ~3-5m, (image p1)
2) fail; then immediately attempt to download map "2 of 46" and, (image p2)
3) Hang at this step until the operation is canceled. Note that the longest I've been able to be patient at this point is ~2hrs, which I believe is extremely reasonable on my end (image p2)

Image p1

Image p2

I was able to update each of the subsequent map packs by downloading individually. I attempted this on the "US ACE Inland ENC Charts" group individually as well, and interestingly it seemed to update the map group.

However, when a run of the "Update All" was attempted again, it hangs / repeats the issue in the above bullets (instead of running through all map packs and returning 0 updates per normal, no-update-needed protocol).

*** As an aside, if someone has specific instructions on how to adjust the color so I can see what maps are being attempted to update, that would be great. It seems like every OpenCPN update trashes my color scheme, so I've just made my piece with the look anymore...
Kickin Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 08:49   #2

Boat: Amel Sharki
Re: Issue: US ACE Inland ENC Charts update all issue: (Mac OSx) MBP - OpenCPN ver 5.

I too cannot read your screenshots. Can you please switch off the dark mode in the settings of your Mac? And also switch off the dark mode in the settings of OpenCPN? Might be this helps a little bit to see more.
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 09:36   #3

Re: Issue: US ACE Inland ENC Charts update all issue: (Mac OSx) MBP - OpenCPN ver 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCode View Post
I too cannot read your screenshots. Can you please switch off the dark mode in the settings of your Mac? And also switch off the dark mode in the settings of OpenCPN? Might be this helps a little bit to see more.
Thx for fixing an issue I've just ignored since updating to 5.2.4! So simple too, though a touch annoying I'm limited to a specific OSx light mode but w/e, I can definitely roll with function over form

Image updates below (note that resolution seems to be capped by the forums):

Image 1v2

Image 2v2
Old 28-02-2021, 09:04   #4

Boat: Nauticat 32

I too have run into this issue, although it's not a Mac-specific issue, as it happens on my RPi 4 8GB, also. I assume there's an issue with the chart server?

Anyone else do an update to discover it hangs on the ACE Inland charts?

Steve
SCarns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2021, 10:44   #5

Boat: Phantom 19

The system hosting these charts (ienccloud.us) seems to have technical problems once again. So far they always fixed it after some time. There is nothing we can do about it but wait.
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 03:21   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
The system hosting these charts (ienccloud.us) seems to have technical problems once again. So far they always fixed it after some time. There is nothing we can do about it but wait.
Thx Nohal ... looks like server issue was resolved in the last 24hrs. The US ACE Inland ENC chart pack updated just now.

Tags
charts, enc, opencpn