Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-04-2023, 09:57   #1

Boat: Beneteau First 29 Ptizef
Issue with Surface GO W11 as a tablet and OpenCPN

Hi all

I am pretty sure it's not new in 5.8.
I found a curious behavior when using my Surface GO 2 as a tablet, i.e. with the cover/keypad detached and without the mouse.
I open the route properties dialog(either by double clinking on a route or through the route-waypoints manager)
I click in the "name", or "from" or "to" zones. As a result, the touch keypad opens, and the dialog's size is reduced, so the buttons are still visible.
Until now, it's OK
But if I type something then click on the OK or cancel button, the keypad disappears, the dialog retrieves its original size, but don't close. Then it's impossible to close it and no other choice left than to close O itself.
This happens for routes, tracks and layers. The waypoint properties dialog works well.

As a workaround, I can close the keypad before clicking on the dialog button and everything's OK;(hoping I don't forget!)

The second issue is when I toggle full screen. At the start, no problem, I can open the keypad, then F11 and I get full screen. But It's a pitfall because, there is no mean to open the keypad to toggle again. No choice is left, I have to brutally cancel O
There is a possible workaround: to set the special W11 tasks bar for touchscreen, but this one is enormous and no possibility to change the size

I think we need a toggle button somewhere.

JP
Ptizef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, opencpn