Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2015, 21:59   #661

Re: Logbook Konni for OpenCPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffblackb View Post
nohal

I am using the current beta release, 64 bit .deb for OpenCPN. I also am using the latest 1.2011-1 package for the logbook. When it first happened, I went so far as to remove and reinstall the entire application. Since it is a fresh machine, it was not so difficult. Also, the crash occurs in two ways. First, as I open the logbook, the window appears as normal just briefly. Then the window greys out and OpenCPN crashes. Second, without opening the logbook, going into the plugins system tab. Trying to access the Preferences for the Logbook plugin also causes a crash. My system is an Acer C720 Chromebook with 2GB memory and 16GB storage. Not sure if anyone else has that system working with this or not. Strange for me since the GPS works fine, and the logbook works fine. Just not together.

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I have that exact same OS (Ubuntu 14.04 latest patches) although not on a Chromebook. My Panasonic has 2GB RAM and about 40GB storage. I use that exact same version of OpenCPN and that exact same version of the logbook plugin and it all works fine for me.

I also use a hockey puck USB GPS with what I believe to be the same controller but that's not my primary GPS. My primary feed comes from a TackTick NMEA mux which is connected to a Garmin GPS76csx GPS with external antenna. Although I'm reasonably sure I've fed input into both logbook and OpenCPN from the hockey puck without issues before.

Del
delatbabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 22:00   #662

Ah sorry I should also report that my Panasonic toughbook has the 32 bit OS, OpenCPN and logbook installed, not the 64 bit.
Old 05-01-2015, 23:10   #663

Hi all,
I've just pushed a new release to github, here:
https://github.com/delatbabel/Logboo...es/tag/v1.2012
This incorporates a fix for loading January dates submitted by ptulp.
Please update to the new release and if you can build Windows or MacOS binaries please do so.
Thanks,
Del
Old 06-01-2015, 04:11   #664

All,

I see the problem of the signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault in my Ubuntu running in VMbox. It does however does not make sense to me.
The problem is in PreParse in nmea0183/nmea0183.cpp
However PreParse is called twice, once in SetSentence in Logbook.ccp and then again in Parse in nmea0183/nmea0183.cpp. Only the second time I see the SIGSEGV while nothing changes as far as I can see.

Here the code in Logbook.cpp:

if(m_NMEA0183.PreParse())
{
noSentence = false;
if(m_NMEA0183.LastSentenceIDReceived == _T("GGA"))
{
if(m_NMEA0183.Parse())
{

Then in function Parse in nmea0183/nmea0183.cpp:
bool NMEA0183::Parse( void )
{
bool return_value = FALSE;

if(PreParse())
{

Attached a debug session with various prints and backtraces.
I have a breakpoint on PreParse but the second time PreParse is called does not call the breakpoint.

Maybe someone with some more experience in wxWidgets (as the backtrace indicates that the SIGSEGV is coming from wxStringBase:perator=(wxStringBase const&) ).

Peter.
Attached Files
File Type: doc debug-info.txt.doc (6.2 KB, 67 views)
ptulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:24   #665

Boat: Amel Sharki

Have a look also at latest commits for OpenCPN regarding the nmea0183 files. It has been fixed for dashboard_pi but not for the other plugins.
Gerhard
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:06   #666

This morning I tried a few other things. First got the new 2012 build and installed. Still crashes as before. Also, with OpenCPN running with GPS plugged in I went into Options and unchecked the enable button on the serial connection. The logbook worked fine as did the logbook preferences with the connection disabled. However, even after closing those items, when I re enabled the GPS serial connection OpenCPN crashed.
jeffblackb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:53   #667

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffblackb View Post
This morning I tried a few other things. First got the new 2012 build and installed. Still crashes as before. Also, with OpenCPN running with GPS plugged in I went into Options and unchecked the enable button on the serial connection. The logbook worked fine as did the logbook preferences with the connection disabled. However, even after closing those items, when I re enabled the GPS serial connection OpenCPN crashed.
Jeff,

Did you really stopped logbook by rightclick and select "Shutdown Logbook"?.
Otherwise logbook will still be running in the background.

Peter
Old 06-01-2015, 10:10   #668

Peter

I did not shut the logbook down as your post suggests. I figured it would still be running in the background. Incidentally, I just went in to look, and I cannot find the place to right click and select shut down. When I right click on the logbook window, I can selsct close, but that is not the same thing. Right slick has no effect on the logbook button/icon, which I would expect. It also has no effect within the plugin preferences. Next I will try starting OpenCPN with the GPS, disabling the GPS connection, enabling the logbook to see if it works. Then I will disable the logbook plugin and see if I can enable the GPS. I'll post results.

Jeff
Old 06-01-2015, 10:48   #669

Peter

Ok. So I did RTFD on the manual site and found the shutdown command. Per my last post, I started OpenCPN with the GPS but with the logbook disabled. All ok. Then I disabled the GPS and enabled the logbook. Still all ok. I went into the logbook and it's prefernces and did a few things, all of which worked fine. I added a logbook line, which allowed me to right click and shut down the logbook. I left the logbook enabled, but shut down. I re enabled the GPS and it did NOT crash. Still don't know why it did crash, but I think it must be something in the logbook itself. Perhaps I do not have something initialized since it is a clean blank install? I only have the 64 bit files, since I do not have the 32 bit libraries installed. I just don't have the room on this machine. I suppose I could wipe it all and install only 32 bit to see if that works, but it would take most of the day, since I would have to rebuild the entire machine. Does anyone think I should try that? I only use the Ubuntu side of this box for OpenCPN, Calibre and subsurface (a dive application). Since it is a new machine there is no real data to be lost, only time. Please let me know.

Jeff
Old 06-01-2015, 11:19   #670

Jeff,

I can reproduce the problem on my VM ubuntu system.
The problem is in logbook, although I don't understand why it fails, as the code is the same as used in the dashboard plugin that has no problems.
I am still looking into it.

Peter
Old 06-01-2015, 11:35   #671

Peter

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Thanks for the help.

Jeff
Old 07-01-2015, 07:13   #672

Del, Jeff,

I think I found the problem and fixed it. I submitted the fix to github so if Del can get and update the version it can be distributed.
The problem had to do with the fact that the NMEA functions are declared multiple times and this time the PreParse function sometimes used the OpenCPN function i.s.o. the Logbook declared function.

Peter
Old 13-01-2015, 18:49   #673

Hi all,

I have incorporated the PR and pushed a new release, here:

https://github.com/delatbabel/Logboo...es/tag/v1.2013

As before I don't have an OSX or Windows build environment so if someone can contribute binaries for those it would be much appreciated.

I'm currently undergoing testing of this release against OpenCPN 4.0 and the VDR plugin with various NMEA streams. That might take a while but it looks good so far. Any other test results/reports appreciated.

I intend to launch into the code documentation inside the plugin shortly -- IMHO the code is poorly documented and I intend to improve that.
Old 14-01-2015, 02:15   #674

The OSX version is available here:

https://github.com/ptulp/LogbookKonni-1.2/releases

Peter
Old 14-01-2015, 02:49   #675

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptulp View Post
The OSX version is available here: