Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-06-2019, 00:38   #1021

Re: Logbook Konni for OpenCPN

Hi - new user of Koni trying to get it working on a Mac. When I want to enable it and set the preferences the foreground/background colours are incorrect so I cannot see any of the menu items and can barely see the selection boxes. Appreciate advice on how to correct this. See attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 7.36.44 PM.png
Views:	113
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	194303  
Daveritten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 09:23   #1022

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

What version of MacOS please?
What version of Opencpn please?

What version of the plugin?
Where did you download it?
Here? https://opencpn.org/OpenCPN/plugins/logbookkonni.html

Perhaps Peter or Ron will have some ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveritten View Post
Hi - new user of Koni trying to get it working on a Mac. When I want to enable it and set the preferences the foreground/background colours are incorrect so I cannot see any of the menu items and can barely see the selection boxes. Appreciate advice on how to correct this. See attached.
rgleason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 13:31   #1023

Hi
Thanks for your feedback:-
MacOS 10.14.4
OpenCPN 5.0.0
Koni 1.4006
Downloaded from the official site.
Rgds
Dave
Daveritten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 01:12   #1024

Boat: O'Kell, Mairangi, 37ft & Sabre, Trailer Sailer, 22ft

Hi Konni

Using OpenCPN 5.0.0
on Ubuntu Linux 19.04
on Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series

I have been using OpenCPN for a while now and inslalled Logbook Konni a short while ago after connecting my navigation equipment through a multiplexer. The dashboard plugin is showing the depth below the transponder but the logbook only shows a series of dashes. Am I able to correct this somehow? The ability to set an offset from water level to transponder level to get true depth may be a useful addition.

Would it be possible to add the ability to input an average fuel consumption figure in the settings which would calculate an indicative fuel usage whilst the engine is running to show fuel remaining in the log book.

Thank you for your wonderful programming and hours of work, it is much appreciated.

Andy
AussieAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 03:52   #1025

I don't think that is the right version to be current.
See https://github.com/delatbabel/LogbookKonni-1.2/releases
Logbookkonni-Plugin_1.4008.pkg

This has Peter Tulp's
ptulp Fix for RPM display error on Motor/Sails page. Calling the wrong routine caused the error.
Latest commit 69ec80c on May 21

Please confirm the Logbookkonni_pi version number and where you downloaded it from. We may have to update the downloads page!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveritten View Post
Hi
Thanks for your feedback:-
MacOS 10.14.4
OpenCPN 5.0.0
Koni 1.4006
Downloaded from the official site.
Rgds
Dave
Old 23-06-2019, 04:04   #1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAndy View Post
Hi Konni

The dashboard plugin is showing the depth below the transponder but the logbook only shows a series of dashes. Am I able to correct this somehow?

The ability to set an offset from water level to transponder level to get true depth may be a useful addition.

Would it be possible to add the ability to input an average fuel consumption figure in the settings which would calculate an indicative fuel usage whilst the engine is running to show fuel remaining in the log book.
Andy
Dear Andy, Peter Tulp has been maintaining and improving this plugin and others have stepped in at times, because Peter has been quite busy. Right now I think we need someone who will continue maintenance and respond to suggestions such as yours.

Please make Tracker Features Requests under the pi_Logbook for each of your suggestions, so they do not get lost.
See the main website opencpn.org at the top right. Register and make your Feature Request. Thanks.
Old 24-06-2019, 01:34   #1027

Boat: O'Kell, Mairangi, 37ft & Sabre, Trailer Sailer, 22ft

Hi rgleason

Thanks for your quick response.

I have upgraded to
Logbook 1.4006 on OpenCPN 5.0.0 but I am still only getting dashes for the depth.

I would love to help with the programming but the only programming I have done was some 50 years ago on unix powered mainframes coded using punchcards. Also did a little with BASIC, Pascal and Foretran in the early desktop days but not much since. I am presently entering our local navigation aids and sand bars in Openseamap.

I shall enter my requests for Logbook as suggested.

Andy
AussieAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 04:51   #1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
What version of MacOS please?
What version of Opencpn please?

What version of the plugin?
Where di atm you download it?
Here? https://opencpn.org/OpenCPN/plugins/logbookkonni.html

Perhaps Peter or Ron will have some ideas.

The colour defaults are inherited from o and need tweaking for macOS osx Rick

it is fine until you open up the config or some other menu's then it inherits a white background. It is being worked on by the development team but not completely resolved atm

/Ron
RonSouthworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 11:50   #1029

Andy,
Give it a try, you'd be surprised what you can figure out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAndy View Post
Hi rgleason

Thanks for your quick response.

I have upgraded to
Logbook 1.4006 on OpenCPN 5.0.0 but I am still only getting dashes for the depth.

I would love to help with the programming but the only programming I have done was some 50 years ago on unix powered mainframes coded using punchcards. Also did a little with BASIC, Pascal and Foretran in the early desktop days but not much since. I am presently entering our local navigation aids and sand bars in Openseamap.

I shall enter my requests for Logbook as suggested.

Andy
Old 11-10-2019, 20:10   #1030

Bonjour à tous, et félicitations pour ce composant que j'utilise depuis deux ans en Asie du Sud-est. Tout fonctionne parfaitement en fonction de mes besoins, par contre existe-t-il une solution pour que le Loogbook démare automatiquement lorsque j'ouvre OpenCpn, et qu'il s'active dès que le bateau dépasse deux noeuds de vitesse en mode minuterie toutes les heures pleines. Merci d'avance pour votre aide et bonne journée. (PS, je parle français !)

Hello everyone, and congratulations for this component that I use for two years in Southeast Asia. Everything works perfectly according to my needs, on the other hand is there a solution so that the Loogbook automatically dismisses when I open OpenCpn, and it activates as soon as the boat exceeds two speed knots in timer mode all the full hours. Thank you in advance for your help and have a nice day.
Michel Luthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 01:57   #1031

Boat: ETAP 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Luthi View Post
par contre existe-t-il une solution pour que le Loogbook démare automatiquement lorsque j'ouvre OpenCpn, et qu'il s'active dès que le bateau dépasse deux noeuds de vitesse en mode minuterie toutes les heures pleines.

on the other hand is there a solution so that the Loogbook automatically dismisses when I open OpenCpn, and it activates as soon as the boat exceeds two speed knots in timer mode all the full hours.

Hello,

Regarding the first question, this problem has already been mentioned (in post # 825) and a beginning of answer has been given.

For the second question, that does not exist to my knowledge.

That said, reading all the thread dedicated to the LogBook takes time but already provides many answers.

Bonne lecture
(les contributions/questions se font de préférence en british....)
Schnapsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:57   #1032

Logbook Konni closes OpenCPN

Whenever I click on the Logbook Icon on my Ubuntu UI OpenCPN closes immediately.

No references in the log file other than opencpn::MyApp starting exit. No crash report from the OS. Happens since I upgrade to openCPN 5.0 on Ubuntu. Already deleted the plugin and reinstalled with no result.

Note this does not happen on my Windows computer, using the same configuration.

OS Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
OpenCPN 5.0.0 + 9065270
Logbook Konni V. 1.4.008 from source: https://github.com/delatbabel/Logboo...es/tag/v1.4008
Trade Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:38   #1033

Boat: Dufour 35
Re: Logbook Konni closes OpenCPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Wind View Post
Whenever I click on the Logbook Icon on my Ubuntu UI OpenCPN closes immediately.

No references in the log file other than opencpn::MyApp starting exit. No crash report from the OS. Happens since I upgrade to openCPN 5.0 on Ubuntu. Already deleted the plugin and reinstalled with no result.

Note this does not happen on my Windows computer, using the same configuration.

OS Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
OpenCPN 5.0.0 + 9065270
Logbook Konni V. 1.4.008 from source: https://github.com/delatbabel/Logboo...es/tag/v1.4008
I downloaded the amd64 deb package from https://github.com/delatbabel/Logboo...es/tag/v1.4008. No problems installing and running on Ubuntu 19.10.

We don't know on which version of Ubuntu that this package was compiled.
If it was 19.04 and you are running on 18.04, that could be the problem.

Start O from the command-line and see if that gives you any helpful output.
Next step. Have a look at the friendly manual: https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=opencpnpencpn_user_manual:getting_st arted:help_fix_bugs#linux

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:06   #1034

Re: Logbook Konni crashes OpenCPN - SOLVED

Thank you for the reply. running CPN from command line does not give more output and it seems that CPN has no inbuilt debug switch. However I noticed 2 things:

1st once the crash occurs, trying to open up the configuration Window would also crash the main program. As a workaround I deleted all of the logbook section in the CPN conf file. That will bring back the plugin configuration with the next restart.

2nd that also implicitly hinted that the problem was/is in the plugin config setting. Once in the configuration dialog I changed the Date and Time Format.

That seems to have fixed my problem. Now runs stable.
Trade Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:10   #1035

Generally, check the opencpn.log file for causes of the crash.

Tags
opencpn