Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 08:22   #1

Boat: Corbin 39
lost Android O-charts ?

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can assist. My O-charts seem to have vanished on my Android. I guess I have made an error but I cannot figure out how to retrieve them.

As a backup device I have an Android tablet running OPCN and loaded with O-charts for Greece, backing up my Windows device that also run OPCN and is on O-charts. So both of the O-chart licences are assigned, one to each of my machines. (I'm also playing with OPCN on Pi but not done much with that, and not downloaded any charts).

Yesterday I switched on my Android tablet for the first time in 3-months, getting ready for the Autumn sailing season. The battery was at 0% so I recharged it, then the normal tablet homescreen came up. Except that it did not have OPCN on it. So I went to the Settings>Device>Apps and could not find OPCN at all.

So I went to Google Play store and downloaded the OPCN Android App. It took quite a while and I had to reboot the tablet a few times to get there. Then it opened, but it did not have the hi-res world basemap nor did it have the O-charts for Greece, both of which had previously installed. Nor did it have the anchor watch app in OPCN that I had previously downloaded (but never got to work). I noted that Google had not charged me for this app download (though I have of course paid for the first one). The depth setting were in feet, and I know I have/had both my systems set for metres. The OPCN version is showing as 5.8.4 so I am unsure whether this is indeed a fresh install, as I don't know whether 5.10 has made it to Android yet, but I am inclined to think this is a fresh install.

So I downloaded the hi-res world basemap, which went OK.

Then I went to the O-charts plugin dialogs. I needed to enter my System Key name and my System Key, both of which I did. Then it showed up my Chart Sets with the Greece chart sets.

Referring to the instructions at https://o-charts.org/manuals/?lng=en

I then hit (1) Refresh Chart List, then (2) selected the Greece charts (which went OK as it turned blue). However step (3) Update Selected Chart For MySytem does not appear as an option. Nor for that matter does step (4) 'OK' do anything that I can detect.

What am I doing wrong, and how can I solve this ?

petit bateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:41   #2
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39
Re: lost Android O-charts ?

When you compare the System name shown on your o-chart chart list upper left with the device listed as assigned , is that the same one?

If not, please contact us at o-charts.
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charts, lost