Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-08-2017, 15:58   #1

Lost My Connection

All was working fine with OpenCPN receiving data from a Marine Traffic AIS receiver on my Win 10 desktop. I had problems with my wireless adapter card and had to switch to an ethernet connection to get the internet back. Since that happened I no longer am getting data sent to OpenCPN. I deleted the connections config and redid it with no success. I tried different port numbers and even deleted OpenCPN and reinstalled with the updated 4.80 version. Nothing seems to work. The connection to OpenCPN on my laptop still works fine.
djmarko413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 09:55   #2

Re: Lost My Connection

Ok, for those of you who are interested, I fixed my problem. Apparently OpenCPN did not like the change in local IP addresses after I went to an ethernet connection. I was able to go into the router config and change the IP address back to what it was prior to the switch. Now all is back to normal. I still don't know why this happened as I completely removed OpenCPN and installed the new version from scratch.
djmarko413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lost