Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2019, 02:29   #1

Boat: Johnson 24
Moving from Fugawi to OpenCPN

Hi all!

I have been using Fugawi Global Navigator for many years, but since they are now quitting both the digital chart business and the Fugawi software I am going over to use OpenCPN, which I like a lot!

I have installed 4.8.8 and imported all my old BSB charts as well as all my waypoints and tracks from Fugawi. No problem att all!

But last year I bought a large bunch of charts (Swedish east coast) and downloaded them the from X-Traverse. Worked fine in Fugawi, but now i want to use them in OpenCPN.

These new charts are in BAP format (I suppose that is BSB4, correct mee if I am wrong) and they are encrypted and activated for Fugawi.

When I try to install the BAP charts (The BSB4 plugin is acitvated), the directory is searched all right, but I get this error in the log file: "OFC_PI: chartInfo or productKey not found: xxx.BAP".
Where can I find that information?

I have also tried to download the charts again fron X-Traverse (using the Fugawi plugin), to get them activated for OpenCPN, but the chart list is empty when I do that. On my account at Fugawi it says that my charts are downloadable for another 100 days!

Anyone know what to do?
HakanRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 04:18   #2

Boat: Najad 34
Re: Moving from Fugawi to OpenCPN

HakanRob
I don't know if anyone have tried to use there charts on different X-traverse platforms. It may be bcn has more information.
Since Fugawi claim support until the end of this year you may try to ask them to move your charts license to your OpenCPN platform.
https://fugawi.com/contact
Of course you've to use the Fugawi plugin in OpenCPN but that's already installed if I got you correct?
https://opencpn.org/OpenCPN/plugins/fugawi.html

Håkan
Hakan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 04:48   #3

Thank You Hakan,

Yes I have been in contact with Fugawi support and they claim it should be possible for me to activate the charts i OpenCPN.

Last I got this somewhat cryptical answer:

"An Activated chart in Fugawi typically means that the chart has been successfully installed into another application such as OpenCPN, iNavX, or Pathway Pro as an example.

If you are still having problems loading the chart into OpenCPN after it has been activated within their application then we would recommend that you contact OpenCPN's forum..
."

The problem is I can´t activate the charts within OpenCPN.

Håkan B
Old 10-02-2019, 05:09   #4

Håkan
And if you log in to Fugawi and check your "My products" what do you see. Do you have any additional downloads on your Sweden east coast package?
My shot shows two different scenarios where one is able to connect to one additional device, the other is already utilized to the bitter end.

If the latter is your case as well you may try to convince Fugawi to extend your charts to one additional device and claim cancelled support for the Fugawi pgm as a reason??

Håkan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fugaw.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	185606  
Old 10-02-2019, 05:28   #5

Hakan

I have 0 devices left but my charts are downloadable for another 100 days. Hmm..

And Yes, Fugawi has claimed that they will facilitate transition to new platforms for their "loyal customers".

Is there no way to "deactivate" the chart set for Fugawi, so I can activate it in OpenCPN?

HakanRob
Old 10-02-2019, 05:38   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakanRob View Post
Hakan

I have 0 devices left but my charts are downloadable for another 100 days. Hmm..
Yes 100 days to same device.

Quote:
And Yes, Fugawi has claimed that they will facilitate transition to new platforms for their "loyal customers".

Is there no way to "deactivate" the chart set for Fugawi, so I can activate it in OpenCPN?

HakanRob
There's no official way to deactivate. The same structure goes for most licenser. It's the same by O-Charts.
But if Fugawi glade the door to facilitate a transition by a deactivation you may try to ask them to open it up for you? It's the only way I suppose. It's there's data base.
Håkan
Old 10-02-2019, 10:05   #7
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Quote:
Hakan

HakanRob
Håkan,..

you should give it a second try and contact the Fugawi service again, explaining that you want to migrate your charts due to the discontinued Fugawi software.

And feel free to drop us a mail at o-charts in case you are getting stuck at Fugawi.

Hubert
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 14:09   #8

Hakan and bcn - Hubert,

I have followed your advise and sent an email once more to Fugawi. Now I just have to wait and see.

The main reason why I want to use my old raster charts is that a bunch of fantastic, large scale charts from Hydrographica are included.

For the future I have had a look at o-charts vector charts and they look very interesting. I will probably test them when the summer has come to Sweden!

Regards
Hakan B
Old 10-02-2019, 23:05   #9
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Quote:
The main reason why I want to use my old raster charts is that a bunch of fantastic, large scale charts from Hydrographica are included.

For the future I have had a look at o-charts vector charts and they look very interesting. I will probably test them when the summer has come to Sweden!

Regards
Hakan B
We know about the value of the Hydrographica charts and they are on our radar as a raster complement to the Swedish oeSENC vector set. Later this year...
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, fugawi, opencpn