Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 17:03   #16

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: New plugin releases

Also found this to be useful reading for GE2Kap
http://yachtvalhalla.net/navigation/googleearth.htm
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:49   #17

OpenCpn Forum Suggestion: Some way of having sub-forums for Plugin Development, Testing and Support (3 threads for each?):
I am sure there are other plugins, sorry if I have not included them. but what a list. Perhaps the Forum structure should reflect the growing plugin effort to help organize discussion?
Old 10-03-2013, 10:42   #18

Boat: Phantom 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
Thanks Hakan...
Got it - fix coming soon.

Pavel
Updated AISRadar plugin is now available for download. Hopefully no more crashes
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:14   #19

Boat: BENETEAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
OpenCpn Forum Suggestion: Some way of having sub-forums for Plugin Development, Testing and Support (3 threads for each?)........ort to help organize discussion?

From my point of view, 3 threads per plugin is to much.

I would suggest 1 thread per plugin for everyday questions and I suggest to open a ligne for each plugin in the Flyspray for new features and bugs report.

Serge
AISEAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:03   #20

Boat: Najad 34

Quote:
Updated AISRadar plugin is now available for download. Hopefully no more crashes
Pavel...
No, I think you've found it! I couldn't recall the crashes from last version v095. Very good indeed.

By the way... I cant receive any data from the "Frisco AIS" 207.7.148.216:9009 Can anyone figure out if it's down or it may be something wrong with my connections?

Thanks
Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 14:45   #21

Quote:
From my point of view, 3 threads per plugin is to much.

I would suggest 1 thread per plugin for everyday questions and I suggest to open a ligne for each plugin in the Flyspray for new features and bugs report.

Serge
I agree about a thread for everyday questions (one thread for each plugin) , but does Flyspray allow attaching photos for development/debugging?

If not, how about having a Sticky tread or even a Subforum just for Plugins? If it is a Plugin Subforum, then the threads could be for each plugin.
Old 10-03-2013, 17:54   #22

Boat: I Wish
Send a message via Skype™ to sbfreddie

Quote:
Howdy...
As we have 3.2 out of the door, I'm preparing the new releases for a couple of plugins to address the issues that appeared since 3.0:

AIS Radar: The annoying crash on exit should be fixed and the code was synchronized with original author's changes.

Google Earth
: Debug logging messages are now turned off as no problems (and no feedback) appeared for a long time.

WMM
: Merged Sean's superb magnetic variation chart plotting code

The downloads are already available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/opencpnplugins/files/ but I would like to get some feedback from our experienced testers before updating the opencpn.org download page to these new versions - plan to do it tomorrow if no problems are found, so please test them if you can and let me know about any glitches you encounter. I'm especially interested in knowing if the i386 Linux versions work on anything older than Quantal (aka 12.11) and on another distributions than Ubuntu/Mint.
All the plugins should work equally well on OpenCPN 3.0.2 and 3.2.0

Plugin authors: Github deprecated the file download feature, so I created a new project on Sourceforge to host these files at https://sourceforge.net/projects/opencpnplugins/ - let me know if you want to host your downloads there and I will give you the necessary privileges (SF account needed).

We also need a Mac builder - I don't have this machine available, so until we find a volunteer to build the plugins, there simply can't be a Mac version although most of them should build and probably even work just fine...

Pavel
Pavel:
Hi, I'm Freddie and I can try building the Mac Versions of the Plugins. I have already tried to build the Plugins:

LogbookKonni_pi
radar_pi
vdr_pi
wmm_pi

Only wmm_pi builds under Mac OS X (10.7.5) x86_64 with wxWidgets 2.9.4 without any errors. It does have quite a few warnings but does build correctly. I'm now trying to get it to play nicely with O.

Any advice to get these other Plugins to build?

Thanks,
Freddie
sbfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 18:00   #23

Freddie...
I don't have this setup, so I need to see your build logs. wmm_pi produces warnings on all platforms in the code coming from NOAA - they are harmless so I didn't fix them.

Pavel
Old 10-03-2013, 18:09   #24

With new v096 AIS Radar, no crash, graceful close/open when
1. Turn off Navmonpc Nmea stream then close AIS. Then Opencpn 3.2
2. Then open Opencpn w/o AIS stream. Start AIS Radar.
3. Close AIS Radar with no data stream. Close Opencpn.
4. With Opencpn and AIS Radar open, start Navmonpc and Nmea stream, AIS Radar and Opencpn do not start the data stream. (Ocpn debugger plugin shows Nmea messages, but no Nmea stream). You must close Opencpn and reopen it to get the stream. Then AIS Radar shows data. (I think this is normal.)

No crashes. Win7x64, Ocpn 3.2
Old 10-03-2013, 18:13   #25

Boat: I Wish
Send a message via Skype™ to sbfreddie

Quote:
Freddie...
I don't have this setup, so I need to see your build logs. wmm_pi produces warnings on all platforms in the code coming from NOAA - they are harmless so I didn't fix them.

Pavel
Pavel:
Here goes, the first one is very simple and not important:

Code:
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/po/de.po:7: header field 'Project-Id-Version' still has the initial default value
[ 31%] wmm-i18n [fr]: Created mo file.
[ 31%] wmm-i18n [nl]: Created mo file.
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/po/nl.po:7: header field 'Project-Id-Version' still has the initial default value
The Second batch looks like this:

Code:
[ 54%] Building CXX object plugins/dashboard_pi/CMakeFiles/dashboard_pi.dir/src/rudder_angle.cpp.o
In file included from /Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/wmm_pi.h:49,
                 from /Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/wmm_pi.cpp:36:
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c: In function ‘int WMM_GetUserInput(WMMtype_MagneticModel*, WMMtype_Geoid*, WMMtype_CoordGeodetic*, WMMtype_Date*)’:
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:1475: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:1475: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:1501: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:1501: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c: In function ‘int WMM_PcupHigh(double*, double*, double, int)’:
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:1928: warning: unused variable ‘astat’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c: In function ‘int WMM_readMagneticModel_Large(char*, char*, WMMtype_MagneticModel*)’:
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:2398: warning: unused variable ‘c_new’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:2398: warning: unused variable ‘c_new2’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:2399: warning: unused variable ‘icomp’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:2399: warning: unused variable ‘EOF_Flag’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c: In function ‘int WMM_GetTransverseMercator(WMMtype_CoordGeodetic, WMMtype_UTMParameters*)’:
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3276: warning: unused variable ‘Pi’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3276: warning: unused variable ‘deg’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3277: warning: unused variable ‘invfla’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3277: warning: unused variable ‘fla’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3277: warning: unused variable ‘n1’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3277: warning: unused variable ‘R4oa’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3278: warning: unused variable ‘A’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3278: warning: unused variable ‘R4’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3279: warning: unused variable ‘Bcoeff’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3279: warning: unused variable ‘Ccoeff’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3279: warning: unused variable ‘Dcoeff’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3281: warning: unused variable ‘K0R4i’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3281: warning: unused variable ‘psfact’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3282: warning: unused variable ‘Dnest’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3282: warning: unused variable ‘Dderiv’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3283: warning: unused variable ‘TestId’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3284: warning: unused variable ‘Lon’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3284: warning: unused variable ‘Lat’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3288: warning: unused variable ‘LLonly’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3289: warning: unused variable ‘Xkm’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3289: warning: unused variable ‘Ykm’
And last but not least is these warnings:

Code:
[ 59%] Building C object plugins/wmm_pi/CMakeFiles/wmm_pi.dir/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c.o
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c: In function ‘WMM_GetUserInput’:
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c: In function ‘WMM_PcupHigh’:
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:1928: warning: unused variable ‘astat’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c: In function ‘WMM_readMagneticModel_Large’:
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:2399: warning: unused variable ‘EOF_Flag’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:2399: warning: unused variable ‘icomp’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:2398: warning: unused variable ‘c_new2’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:2398: warning: unused variable ‘c_new’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c: In function ‘WMM_GetTransverseMercator’:
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3289: warning: unused variable ‘Ykm’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3289: warning: unused variable ‘Xkm’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3288: warning: unused variable ‘LLonly’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3284: warning: unused variable ‘Lat’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3284: warning: unused variable ‘Lon’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3283: warning: unused variable ‘TestId’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3282: warning: unused variable ‘Dderiv’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3282: warning: unused variable ‘Dnest’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3281: warning: unused variable ‘psfact’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3281: warning: unused variable ‘K0R4i’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3279: warning: unused variable ‘Dcoeff’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3279: warning: unused variable ‘Ccoeff’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3279: warning: unused variable ‘Bcoeff’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3278: warning: unused variable ‘R4’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3278: warning: unused variable ‘A’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3277: warning: unused variable ‘R4oa’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3277: warning: unused variable ‘n1’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3277: warning: unused variable ‘fla’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3277: warning: unused variable ‘invfla’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3276: warning: unused variable ‘deg’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3276: warning: unused variable ‘Pi’
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c: In function ‘trim’:
/Users/freddie/Desktop/OpenCPN3.1.1405EDS/plugins/wmm_pi/src/WMM_SubLibrary.c:3652: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘isspace’
They are not errors so it builds OK, but it would be nice to have a clean build.

Thanks,
Freddie
sbfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:10   #26

To create a clean windows debug development environment, I renamed opencpn-git and git cloned again.
Copied 'uidata' and 'data' directories into the build directory.
Build completes but charts were missing even after 'full rebuild' and I got debug errors.
Then copied individual directories in 'data', into the build directory:

C. Copy data directories to new ..opencpn-git\build directory
..opencpn-git\data\doc to 'build' directory
..opencpn-git\data\gshs to 'build' directory
..opencpn-git\data\s57data to 'build' directory
..opencpn-git\data\share to 'build' directory
..opencpn-git\data\sounds to 'build' directory
..opencpn-git\data\tcdata to 'build' directory
..opencpn-git\data\uidata to 'build' directory
..opencpn-git\data\wvsdata to 'build' directory
And Debug mode seems happier. Is this the correct way to place to put the directories, without being in a 'data' subdirectory?

What should I do with these files in the 'data' folder, is it necessary to copy them into the 'build' directory? Are they essential in the 'build' directory?
changelog.Debian.gz
copyright
license.txt
opencpn.desktop
opencpn.pgn
Also should I be copying the wxWidgets files themselves to 'build'
..opencpn-git\wxWidgets directory with files:
wxbase28ud_net_vc_custom.dll
wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll
wxbase28ud_xml_vc_custom.dll
wxmsw28ud_adv_vc_custom.dll
wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll
wxmsw28u_aui_vc_custom.dll
wxmsw28u_gl_vc_custom.dll
wxmsw28u_html_vc_custom.dll
Each file copied to ../opencpn-git/build/ individually without being in wxWidgets directory?

This would pretty much mimic the download version of 3.2.0, I think.

Thanks,
Rick
Old 11-03-2013, 13:37   #27

Boat: BENETEAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
I agree about a thread for everyday questions (one thread for each plugin) , but does Flyspray allow attaching photos for development/debugging? ...... .
Yes, a file up to 2 Mb of size can be attached in a flyspray request but to keep it simple and make it easier; let say "Improvment need to be declared" in FlySpray.

I've read some remarks about Flyspray and its real opportunity , that is my concern.

OpenCPN's team need to clarify the usage of this 2 tools : Forum and/or Flyspray.

What I do like in flyspray is the opportunity to vote for an idea, an improvment...;
it is, for me, a good way to be sure that the new product is taking in account what users wants.

Serge
AISEAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:36   #28

Quote:
To create a clean windows debug development environment, I renamed opencpn-git and git cloned again....
I think I worked it out see this post.
Old 29-03-2013, 04:12   #29

Boat: Molenmakermantelkotter; Motorsailer; 11,5 m

I download the most recent release off GE2KAP My first problem was that I only can create overlays in GE from the opencpn chart . Then I found how to create overlays in opencpn from GE. But now I can not adjust the Transparency in opencpn .
Any solution available?

In the first used version I just found how it was working and I like it!!

Simon
simonsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 13:55   #30

Hi all...
We have a couple of new "stable" plugins available at PlugIns | Official OpenCPN Homepage...

Completely new:
Celestial Navigation
Weatherfax

Updates:
Calculator
WMM

If you find any problems with the downloads or functionality, let us know...

Pavel