Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-05-2019, 10:36   #16

Re: NMEA TO LAPTOP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Please don't take offence but the fact that you are here asking these basic questions suggests to me that you are not a geek.

Therefore I suggest you stay away from SignalK and exchange your unit for a NGW-1. That is almost plug and play and will just work. Do not worry about its future proofness or not unless you want to do geek stuff.

If you just want to get your nave data on and off the network that is all you need.

Have a look at the yachtd.com for some cheaper devices, and also at the Actisense W2K-1 which will give all you need over wifi and will run in either N2k or 0183 mode to OCPN therefore giving you the option of going the signalk route if you feel the need.

Chris

Hi and thanks for all of the replies.

Chris, no offence at all. I am as computer illitterate as they come. I just need to make it work . will look into the NGW1 ....

THANKS
Sailfar1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laptop, nmea