Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2022, 03:12   #1

Boat: Dehler Optima 106
oCharts Germany not uptodate

In the past I had the impression that the weekly updates of oCharts are pretty good reflecting the current changes in buoys in my area. However, this week I ran into a missing update, which safety relevant.

If you look at the attached screen shot, which shows the buoyed channel to the island of Sylt, the northern most island of Germany in the german bight.

Minor point: the buoys should be labeled "LT1", "LT1a" and so forth and not "No 1", since the channel is called "Lister Tief".

More important: "LT3" has been moved two weeks ago. In the attached screenshot you can see a green buoy labeled "LT 3" added by myself manually and the buoy labelled "No 3" a little bit to the south, which is the buoy in the electronic chart corresponding to the old position. In the current track (in dark green) we verified that the buoy in real live is at its new position. We had to tack around the buoy, so we passed it very close, maybe 50-100m.

Best,

Manfred

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-30 um 11.28.53.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	320.9 KB
ID:	261879
Aldebaran17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2022, 08:38   #2
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39
Re: oCharts Germany not uptodate

That just depends on how quick the BSH does include the relocated buoys into the ENCs. The oeSENC charts get updated weekly (Mondays), same frequency as the BSH data.
bcn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 07:54   #3

Boat: Dehler Optima 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
That just depends on how quick the BSH does include the relocated buoys into the ENCs. The oeSENC charts get updated weekly (Mondays), same frequency as the BSH data.
Thanks for the insights. I was expecting that is an automatic process, which works or does not work. For a user like me it is important to know, how reliable this process is.

Best,

Manfred
Aldebaran17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:06   #4
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

The question is for the BSH. We know that they try to picture new or repositioned buoys quickly into the ENCs. How successful this is, we can't verify. In some (?) cases there are as well the NtM, Nachrichten für Seefahrer. For example: https://www2.bsh.de/aktdat/nwn/nwn-nord.pdf

If you like you can lodge a mail to the BSH concerning this issue (with the example) and we shall see how they respond.

In the case of oeSENC the latest versions of all available ENCs is are place since this (Monday) noon. Same as every week.

Hubert
bcn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2022, 14:55   #5

Boat: KMY Stadtship 56

In waters like these I always have my radar on, so I can see where the buoys and/or sticks (Priele?) actually are.
merrimac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charts, Germany