Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2015, 18:59   #541

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Jon,

* master b5b9574 Merge pull request #138 from jongough/fixes
compiled after compiling Opencpn with your font request merged by bdcat.

These have been uploaded to Opencpn Beta File Thingie if other windows users would like to test the plugin to help.

Opencpn Win Beta File Thingie rguser rgpass

Main Directory: opencpn_4.1.1108_FONTS-setup

4.1.1108 PI Win Directory: ocpn_draw_pi-0.4.564-ov4.1.1108-FONTS-win32

To run the plugin you must first download and install this version of Opencpn. Then install the plugin.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 19:10   #542

Jon,
I have noticed a little flukiness that causes Opencpn to crash with a black screen, yet the toolbar menu stays in place but does not do anything. This has happened 3 times as I tested various parts of the plugin.

Unfortunately I have not isolated it yet.

I do know that when right-click on Text, for example, and pick Move, there is no longer a yellow indicator present. Then when select that Text pt to move the yellow appears.

--- It just failed when trying to create a Boundary Point Ring Inclusion.
With Boundary Point Properties up when I unclicked "Show Point Rings" while trying to get the ring to show. (It would not display for some reason.)

I did try to get it to crash by curser over Text Points and other objects as Hakan suggested. It refused to oblige.
Old 09-12-2015, 21:37   #543

Boat: Richter 42

Rick,
I have just tried under windows what you did and it all worked. I did see a display problem, which may have been due to the way that I am running it (VirtualBox with a screen size of 3200x1200 in scaled mode and non-opengl).

Can you try building and running a debug version of OCPN and OD. Then if it crashes the MSVC 'should' catch it and give you a hint as to what is causing the issue. I know I get more issues showing up running the code under MSVC in debug mode that in non-debug mode even with the same code. Anyway, it may help narrow down what is going on so that I can try and fix it.

Jon
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 23:15   #544

Hi,
The only issue I have managed to generate is with the options panel where there are two wxEndBusyCursor calls, the second one generates and assert error. I think the offending area is line 5642 and is something to do with showing NMEA params.

I have, with lots of rapid movement of a Boundary Point lost the selection capability of the right click (you can see this as there is no rollover popup for the moved Boundary Point). You can still select it via the path manager and if you move its position by .0001 it will reset the selection box. I will look into it, but it may be a timing issue and that could be difficult to sort out.

I cannot test currently under windows with opengl, but under non-opengl the selected Boundary Point has a yellow background. On Linux with opengl the rollover boxes seem to have ghost text, so am looking into that.

Jon
Old 09-12-2015, 23:44   #545

Hi,
There does seem to be something wrong with the current OCPN when running under opengl. In debug mode I am getting quite a few assert errors which all seem to be coming from glChartCanvass.cpp:912 which was a change put in a couple of days ago.

Can you try OCPN with the OD plugin disabled and see if you still get 'funny' things happening?

Jon
Old 10-12-2015, 03:00   #546

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
Hi,
There does seem to be something wrong with the current OCPN when running under opengl. In debug mode I am getting quite a few assert errors which all seem to be coming from glChartCanvass.cpp:912 which was a change put in a couple of days ago.

Can you try OCPN with the OD plugin disabled and see if you still get 'funny' things happening?

Jon
Which version of wxwidgets? What does the assert say?
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:06   #547

Boat: Amel Sharki

Quote:
Hi,

Jon
See http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1983327

Gerhard
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:09   #548

Boat: Najad 34

Quote:
Håkan,
............... If you can find a way to reproduce the error it would be very helpful.

Jon
Today's OCPN fetch, Win10, VS2013.
- Your font items sort order in options works great.
- The boundary point rollover issue still remains.

Some more narrowing info:
> A line has one (EBL) or more (boundaries) connected points. Normally the rollover shows the line's info even if the cursor is close to a connected point. Occasionally is the point's info shown instead and then O hangs.
> Rollover a single point, without a connected line, always works fine without hanging.

Håkan
Hakan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:56   #549

Håkan,
Thanks for the info on how to reproduce it. I found the error and there is patch 565 which addresses it.

Jon
Old 10-12-2015, 15:53   #550

Boat: Najad 34

Jon
Yes - confirmed! Now also a connected point rollover is working. Very good, thanks.

And, Jon, now I'm very curious about your next version's patch number. The hole between 560 and 566 is soon neatly filled, can't wait--giggle--
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OD_versions.PNG
Views:	225
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	114667  
Hakan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 23:54   #551

I kinda lost control of the patch numbers as I was creating the first pass at Guard Zones whilst fixing issues. I will restart the sequence at 580 and hopefully not mix them up again, but.....
Old 11-12-2015, 11:40   #552

Jon, I had 24 hr bug, sorry.

I think the most recent changes removed the text objects and anything with earlier text font definitions. Is that possible? So my examples were trimmed so that the Boundary Points were also removed. Anyway I tried to recreate most of them in a more effective way.

What I noticed was that Right click on a boundary corner and that nice yellow marker no longer shows to indicate that it can be moved. You must know which one you picked.

I had an idea which might help. Why not just change the Boundary Point Properties to indicate that the point can now be moved. Then change the Boundary Point properties back to what they were once the point has been moved?
The parameters changed would be
Show point Range Rings = checked
Exclusion = Radio button
Number of Range Rings =1
Distance between range Rings = 0.2 (needs to be scale sensitive?)
Range Ring Colors = Yellow
Range Ring Line Width = 1 pixel
Range Ring Line Style = Solid

I notice that you can enter a decimal and it does not require a "0" in front. The issue is when the user does not fully delete the previous entry and there is a second decimal in the entry, then the changes are not made because the entry is invalid.

It would be nice if there were a checkbox to show Boundary Names centered on the boundary similar to Boundary Points.

For simplicity neither of these have full font setting capability.

See attached screenshots please. Its getting quite useful I think.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Draw-Path.png
Views:	245
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	114827   Click image for larger version

Name:	Draw-Ocpn-Points.png
Views:	265
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	114828  

Old 11-12-2015, 12:00   #553

Jon,
This is just some screenshots from testing Boundary Alarms, sequencial which may help others getting it working with Watchdog which seems to be alarming fine now that my opencpn.ini file has the correct parameters, as you showed earlier.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Boundary-Alarm-1.png
Views:	229
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	114834   Click image for larger version

Name:	Boundary-Alarm-2.png
Views:	282
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	114835  

Name:	Boundary-Alarm-3.png
Views:	307
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	114836   Click image for larger version

Name:	Boundary-Alarm-4.png
Views:	175
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	114837  

Old 11-12-2015, 12:11   #554

For those Windows users who would like to test this plugin

Opencpn Beta File Thingie rguser rgpass

In Directory:
4.1.1108 PI Win: ocpn_draw_pi-0.4.565-ov4.1.1108-win32
Root Directory: opencpn_4.1.1108_GIT-015666b-Mouse-setup
which is Github Version 015666b Correct for nonsensical mouse event coordinates.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:32   #555

Rick,
You may have lost all your settings in the change over to the new location for settings. I moved them to be more consistent with the rest of OCPN. If you need your old ones you will find them under 'Plugins/libocpn_draw_pi.so', the new ones now exist under 'Settings/ocpn_draw_pi', just copy them all from the old location to the new and it should put back all the default settings. All objects that have been drawn have their own settings maintained in the ODnavobj.xml files. If these went missing we will need to investigate further. Sorry if this caused an issue.

I have fixed the issue of the yellow box around the boundary point not showing under opengl after move has been selected. Patch 580 fixes this.

I am not quite sure how/why you want the properties box changed. Can you explain more? The range rings are absolute distances, i.e. if you select nautical miles and 0.5 as the distance, then they will be 0.5nm apart and will scale with the chart to always be 0.5nm apart.

I will see if I can put some sanity edits into the boxes to try and highlight when the user has entered invalid entries.

If you give a boundary a name it will show up in the rollover box. Trying to put the name on the screen the whole time would also require the user to be able to move it so that it does not obscure some vital bit of information. The use of Text Point for this gives the same effect and is handled already. Part of the reason for making points have rollover popups was when doing the documentation I used Text Points with no icons to label the items then finding the Text Point to move it was hit and miss. Now, if you get the rollover popup then you know you can right click as it uses the same selection process.

The rollover popups now have setable fonts by going to 'Options/User Interface'. The fonts drop down will have 'OD_PathLegInfoRollover' and 'OD_PointInfoRollover' items as settable and persistent across restarts.

Jon