Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-12-2015, 18:12   #601

Boat: Richter 42
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Ooooopppps. Uploaded patch, created pull but forgot to merge it. Done now. Sorry about that.
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Git fetch is 2170e8d #146 which is #586.
So the right click GUID selection does not appear.

I have uploaded a very recent new version of Opencpn and OD plugin.
Also I've consolidated the most current plugins into 4.1.1108 PI Win.
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 18:17   #602

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Boundary Distance is less than < 1NM causes an alarm.

Alarm set as GPS fix is < 1 nm from boundary.

It alarms. It looks ok.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boundary-Distance-less-than-1nm.png
Views:	195
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	115215  
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 18:20   #603

GPS fix is greater than 1nm and there is an alarm.

Alarm: GPS fix is < 1nm then alarm.

There is an Alarm. This is not correct.

These alarms do not appear to be working properly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gps-GREATER-than-1nm.png
Views:	187
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	115216  
Old 17-12-2015, 18:27   #604

Jon,
Also regarding WatchDog (WD)

I REALIZE THIS IS NOT YOUR PLUGIN.

When we have selected to have multiple messages and another message comes up again, I think the older one should be closed automatically to avoid having many many alarms of the same kind up.

It would be nice if we knew which alarm. The name and boundary type.

Also when you hit the reset button, all of those Alarm popups should go away.

Also when you uncheck an alarm and hit Reset all alarm popups should go away.

I Will Copy these to WD.
Old 17-12-2015, 19:56   #605

Rick,
I have just tried multiple overlapping boundaries and moved the boat around and the alarms all worked OK. I then set a distance alarm and moved the boat about (using move boat here) and it again all seemed to work. I have tried this under linux and windows (non-opengl, although that should not make a difference). Can you pull the latest update as it will give you the boundary name, description and GUID.

To do the distance testing I just setup an EBL with VRM set at 1nm and move the boat (right click, move boat here) and the boundary (right click the boundary path/move boundary) around.

So there must be something else going on. I have just found a crash in DR delete processing so I am putting up a patch for that. But this should not affect the watchdog alarm testing.

Jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
I just tried setting two overlapping Boundary Inclusive Alarms.
OwnShip placed in one of the Boundaries and not in the other.
There is an immediate alarm for both boundaries.

This does not seem right to me.
Should we force a limit to the number of anchor boundaries to just one?
Old 18-12-2015, 04:47   #606

Joon
The three tests above, summary.

Two Inclusive boundaries each with an inclusive alarm.
I did not use Get Guid. I copied and pasted the correct Guid into the particular alarm. Turned the two anchor alarms on. With the boat inside one boundary and outside the other, I watched both alarms turn red, a number of times. Not Good.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1990680

Single exclusive boundary with an exclusive alarm set gps fix > 1nm.
All other boundary objects are turned off.
The alarm triggers. Good.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1990709

Same alarm with boat moved outside 1 nm and alarm reset.
Immediately turns red and alarms. Not Good.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1990713

Are you saying that these tests work properly for you?
If so, how do you suggest I clean out OD settings?
1. Save out OD objects.
2. Uninstall OD
3. Remove all OD settings in ini.
4. Reinstall OD
5. Load saved gpx file of all objects.

Is that what you would suggest?
Old 18-12-2015, 12:22   #607

Rick,
I set up my alarms to show a dialog box so that I can see what GUID is triggering the alarm. I have it set to check every 10 seconds and to auto reset. This gives me enough time to move the boat without having to wait too long between alarm events.

I do not know what is going on as I have tried multiple times, following your instructions, to create the issue. The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to stop OCPN, take a copy of the current ODnavobj.xml file (or have enough back versions that you can do a test without loosing your current objects), delete the current ODnavobj.xml file, restart OCPN.

Now create a single boundary point and mark it as exclusion, set the number of rings to 1, check the box to show rings and the ring size to 1nm. Open Watchdog and delete all boundary alarms. Select the new exclusion boundary point and get its GUID (right click boundary point and select "Copy Point GUID", or select propterties and go to "Extended" and select the GUID and copy to clipboard). Create a new Boundary alarm, select 'Anchor Watch' and paste the GUID into the box. Select 'Message Box', 'Repeat Alarm....' and set to 10 sec, 'Automatically' Reset and then click 'OK' and 'OK' again to get back to the list of alarms. Now move the boat inside and outside the Boundary zone and see what happens. Inside the alarm should be black, outside it should turn red AND a message box should show up. Check that the GUID shown in the message box is what you are expecting. If you move the boat inside the alarm should stay silent, outside it should go off. Now change the boundary type to 'Inclusion' and then 'Neither'. There should be no difference in the outcome.

Now create a second boundary that does not overlap the first. Do the same setup and see if the alarm is working at the correct times. Now overlap the boundaries and check the possible combinations, outside both, inside both, inside one outside the other. Are the alarms correct?

Delete all the alarms and now try with the GPS distance alarm for a Boundary Point first then a Boundary and finally for multiple boundaries and types. Further, you will need to check the boundary type, 'Exclusion', 'Inclusion' and 'Neither' as well as changing the alarm filter to be 'Any', 'Exclusion', 'Inclusion' and 'Neither'

If any one of these fails, can you clean out all the boundaries and alarms and try the one that failed again, noting everything you did to get the error. This may be like the error where the direction of drawing determined whether the fill worked or not. I may not be building the boundaries and alarms the same way as you are and therefore not finding the error condition your are.

Sorry for the painful process of tracking this, but....

Jon
Old 19-12-2015, 04:42   #608

Boat: Drascombe Coaster (22ft) "Seanymph"

Hi Rick & Jon,

I have tried to make a small contribution to the Watchdog-pi documentation. From this thread I learn that there are still some bugs here and there and that the two of you are working hard on the further development of both WD and Draw. So maybe it's better if I let the WD-documentation rest for a while and pick it up again when things are sorted out.

Roel
Roel Smidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2015, 11:17   #609

Rick,
Also, can you check you have the latest Watchdog and OD patches, just in case one of those affects the alarms you are getting?

Could you post your ODnavobj.xml and WatchdogConfiguration.xml files so that I can bring up your objects on my system and see if I can identify what is happening?

Thanks
Jon
Old 19-12-2015, 11:21   #610

Roel,
The bugs that we are working on do not affect what is supposed to happen, they are just corrections to make sure that it works as expected. There may be some minor changes, i.e. I have added information to the boundary alarm popup to help the user understand what the alarm is for, but the alarm itself has not changed.

So, if you could continue with the documentation it would be greatly appreciated. I am hopeful that there will not be too much rework needed as I think (fingers crossed) that we have the main parts working. Most changes will now be additions.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roel Smidt View Post
Hi Rick & Jon,

I have tried to make a small contribution to the Watchdog-pi documentation. From this thread I learn that there are still some bugs here and there and that the two of you are working hard on the further development of both WD and Draw. So maybe it's better if I let the WD-documentation rest for a while and pick it up again when things are sorted out.

Roel
Old 20-12-2015, 14:53   #611

@Roel Smidt
Thank you so much for giving us a big boost on the documentation. I will be looking more closely at it and add as well.
@Jon
I installed the most recent OpenCPN with ScaledAISTargets, after removing ocpn_draw, and also removed ocpn_draw settings from opencpn.ini. Then restarted and of course the ODnavobj.xml were still there. I had time to do one WDog test which worked, but I want to remove alarms, uninstall WD, remove opencpn.ini the settings and restart fresh.

In the meantime I have to get ready to leave for 1 week with my tablet. I will have O but no setup to compile (yet, but there's always trouble setting up to compile). So assume I will be able to test, but not compile for a week. More later.
Old 21-12-2015, 10:17   #612

Boat: Irwin 37 CC

I would like an easily readable POI. I believe you call it a "Data Point"

Examples of POI data: "Bridge opens on the hour", "Look for sandy spot to anchor", "Anchor here to snorkel reef to North", "Very narrow passage, follow track precisely","Uncharted rock".

By easily readable, I mean Rollover, much like Rollover is used in AIS targets. Multi-line messages (like AIS messages) would be nice.

I have tried to simply use a Mark; but the Mark screen covers the middle 2/3 of the screen, effectively blinding the navigator.

This could be activated by a check-box in the Data Point dialog.

I realize this won't work for touch screens but does work for active stylus screens.
Old 21-12-2015, 11:34   #613

David,
Within the Ocpn-Draw plugin this is known as a Text Point. This allows the display of multi-line text with user selectable fonts (each font is applied to all the text for that point) and background colours. Does this do what you want? The current documentation is here:
Draw Plugin | Official OpenCPN Homepage

This plugin is still in beta (it is awaiting the delivery of the next version of OCPN as it relies on new capabilities) so it is still changing and being made production ready. What platform are you using? Rick has generated the most recent windows versions and I can do Linux versions. To use the plugin you will need to use a matched pair of OCPN and this plugin or it will probably not work.

Jon
Old 21-12-2015, 14:53   #614

David I believe the version of Opencpn recently uploaded to Opencpn Beta File Thingie rguser rgpass works well with the version of Ocpn_Draw uploaded to the 4.1.1108 PI Win directory. I have been working with it lately.
Old 21-12-2015, 14:53   #615

Boat: Irwin 37 CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
David,
Within the Ocpn-Draw plugin this is known as a Text Point. This allows the display of multi-line text with user selectable fonts (each font is applied to all the text for that point) and background colours. Does this do what you want? The current documentation is here:
Draw Plugin | Official OpenCPN Homepage

This plugin is still in beta (it is awaiting the delivery of the next version of OCPN as it relies on new capabilities) so it is still changing and being made production ready. What platform are you using? Rick has generated the most recent windows versions and I can do Linux versions. To use the plugin you will need to use a matched pair of OCPN and this plugin or it will probably not work.

Jon
Jon, I glanced at the documentation; but didn't find whether displaying the test is optional or not. I think the display of the text should be optional. For text that is selected to be hidden, I would like to see a rollover cause the text to be displayed. This would be for mouse and active stylus users. I'm not sure what to do for touch screens as I'm not familiar with that interface.