Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2015, 01:30   #121

Boat: Richter 42
Re: Ocpn-Draw and Boundary

Hubert,
I am thinking about making the 'draw button' create a new floating toolbar and have the drawing icons on that, with the last one used selected as a default. I just have to work out how to use floating toolbars!

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
Jon,

Just an idea....
in case you implement the (drop-down) menu you might integrate there the second tool button for the boundary manager as well - cleaning up space.

Hubert
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 04:04   #122

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Will try this. Have found that creation with pencil and x is different than edit where you can add boundary points, move boundary points, delete boundaries and go into properties. This is fine with me.

Yikes a floating ocpn_draw toolbar. How difficult will it be to do this?
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/....php?p=1837180

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:38   #123

Yes, two or more objects can be saved out to gpx or whatever and then brought back in as a temporary layer!

Three Requests:
1. Extend the plugin to allow access to change properties etc of objects on temp layers.
2. Ability to make a temporary layer "sticky" so it is loaded the next time the program starts.
3. When the Edit-Create Icon is depressed there is a icon that comes up with a lighter background momentarily. I would like that lighter background to show whenever you are in Create mode. Then the darker blue background would be for Edit mode.

I need to try this with both OpenGL on and off next. Its is working very nicely. The idea for a menu might make selection and use of various tools easier, and make it easier to program and manage. However with so many plugins and use on android, the interface is getting more important.
Old 09-06-2015, 14:57   #124

Rick,
The control of the buttons on the toolbar is fairly limited from a plugin at the moment. You can add and remove buttons and 'toggle' them, not really sure what that is doing as it appears to have changed when the toobar callback was changed recently. I may have to resort to changing the icons to make it look like they are in use, but this is rather heavy handed, or try and extend slightly the plugin api that works with the toolbar. I will look into it soon.

Jon
Old 09-06-2015, 15:01   #125

Rick,
I thought the idea of layers were that they were non editable, i.e. were static. If they become dynamic it will require more work to ensure that the changes persist over restarts/crashes.

I should be able to make a layer load on startup, may be an extra button/check box on the properties page.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Three Requests:
1. Extend the plugin to allow access to change properties etc of objects on temp layers.
2. Ability to make a temporary layer "sticky" so it is loaded the next time the program starts.
3. ....
Old 09-06-2015, 17:25   #126

Jon,

Yes, I understand that it would be more work and effort to make objects on layers editable, so perhaps it is not worth doing now. Those entities are considered "frozen"
There certainly are more important things to do, so please disregard. I do note that "properties" are available from the chart I believe, the other editing tools are not.

Just compiled your most recent version and when in Create mode you can first bump the drawing at the edges .... it works. Thank you. Uploaded to
Opencpn Beta File Thingie rguser rgpass
Look in directory 4.1.602 PI Win and please find
ocpn_draw_pi-0.3_0300-ov4.1.602-Fixups42-win32

This plugin only works with OpenCPN version 4.1.602

Thank you Jon and Peter too!
Old 09-06-2015, 20:54   #127

Rick,
One thing I have noticed, if I update to the latest OCPN and pull the latest version of ocpn_draw_pi (I do this to refresh my own base as I push updates to a branch then pull them into the base), that I have to do a 'clean' then a 'build' or I can get some "interesting" effects. I now try to remember to do a full rebuild of OCPN and ocpn_draw_pi to make sure everything works. It may just be my environment, but.....

Jon
Old 10-06-2015, 02:51   #128

Jon I have not fetched opencpn recently and rebuilt. Should I? It seems to work with. Your plugin ok.

Old 10-06-2015, 13:43   #129

Rick,
I am not sure what you mean by recently, however, I am currently keeping my copy of OCPN as up to date as possible as there are fixes coming through which help the plugin. So, if something does not work, or there is 'strange' behaviour can you try with the latest OCPN and see if you still get it? If it works, great.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Jon I have not fetched opencpn recently and rebuilt. Should I? It seems to work with. Your plugin ok.

Old 10-06-2015, 18:56   #130

Ok I am in a tough spot. Pavel wants all the plugins tested with his compiled versions, to make things identifiable.

When that is done I will update and do Draw.
Old 10-06-2015, 19:05   #131

Boat: Phantom 19

Rick...
Don't worry - If you look closely at Jon's master, currently the last commit is mine...
There is also nothing new in the core tree past 4.1.602
You will really not miss anything by not building yourself. What you will is save some time

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:16   #132

Hi,
I have tracked down the flashing cursor when drawing problem. It needs a new API call to set the cursor to be used in OCPN. I have submitted a pull for this change and when/if it gets accepted I will put up a patch for the plugin to implement it.

Jon
Old 12-06-2015, 17:44   #133

Hi,
The plugin has now been updated to allow double left click to bring up the properties menu, fix the toolbar to show icon has been selected and provide sliders in the plugin properties to set the edge sensitivity for panning whilst creating objects.

Jon
Old 12-06-2015, 22:48   #134
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Download site?
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 23:34   #135

Hubert,
I have only updated the git repository. I have not generated an installable yet as I am waiting for the SetCursor_Plugin API to be incorporated into the mainline OCPN. This stops the cursor flashing and makes the whole plugin seem much smoother, to me at least. If you want to compile the plugin it I have tested it under linux and windows.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
Download site?