Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-04-2016, 08:42   #1

Boat: Amel Super Maramu 2000 53'
OpenCPN 4.2 Plugins

Hi,

I just upgraded to OCPN 4.2. Thank you developers. More great work.

When I ran the new version it warned me that my Celestial and Weatherfax plugins were not compatible with 4.2.

I downloaded the new versions of these plugins said to be compatible with 4.2, (Celestial pi-2.0 and Weatherfax pi-1.5001), and they installed fine on Windows 7 64 bit.

However when I start OCPN I still get the same message that they are incompatible.

Other plugins such as Dogwatch and OCPN-draw work fine. As a single hander, the latter two plugins have solved my biggest wish for OCPN. Namely to draw a boundary line and set an alarm if the line is crossed or approached.

Any thoughts please on why Celestial and Weatherfax do not work?
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 09:08   #2

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: OpenCPN 4.2 Plugins

Biggles...
All the plugins on the download page are compatible with 4.2. My wild guess is that you still have some old DLLs in your plugin folder. You will sure find more information in the logfile.
FWIW celestial navigation 2.0 is currently unusable on Windows and causes a hang when entering a second sight, there is no fix available yet.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 09:11   #3
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
Hi,

I just upgraded to OCPN 4.2. Thank you developers. More great work.

When I ran the new version it warned me that my Celestial and Weatherfax plugins were not compatible with 4.2.

I downloaded the new versions of these plugins said to be compatible with 4.2, (Celestial pi-2.0 and Weatherfax pi-1.5001), and they installed fine on Windows 7 64 bit.

However when I start OCPN I still get the same message that they are incompatible.

Other plugins such as Dogwatch and OCPN-draw work fine. As a single hander, the latter two plugins have solved my biggest wish for OCPN. Namely to draw a boundary line and set an alarm if the line is crossed or approached.

Any thoughts please on why Celestial and Weatherfax do not work?
You will have to uninstall / remove the old version of the plugin - it seems that the old plugin remains in parallel with the new ? and is still present after installing the new version - thereby the error message.
petter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 09:50   #4

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Go to your plugins directory and remove those two dll for the problem plugins. Then reinstall tacking careful note which version of ocpn you are installing into. Get the right path. Also you could look at the ini file for those plugins messages.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2016, 08:22   #5

Boat: Amel Super Maramu 2000 53'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
Biggles...
All the plugins on the download page are compatible with 4.2. My wild guess is that you still have some old DLLs in your plugin folder. You will sure find more information in the logfile.
FWIW celestial navigation 2.0 is currently unusable on Windows and causes a hang when entering a second sight, there is no fix available yet.

Pavel
Hello Pavel. Thanks for your reply. I have found the problem. Firstly I did an upgrade to 4.2 on my Chuwi tablet running Windows 10. I installed the problematic plugins using the default folders and they both worked fine.

So I went back to my Windows 7 laptop where I had modified the install folder as a sub folder of the suggested default. When I reinstalled Weatherfax and Celestial, both were seen as compatible. So it would seem that there is a small problem in the program not recognising a non standard installation folder. No big deal.

Thanks for the heads up on the Celestial bug. I will have a play and see if I can reproduce it.

Cheers
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, opencpn, plug