Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2022, 07:33   #241
Marine Service Provider

Re: OpenCPN 5.6.0 Released

@Brent63:
regarding:
"I can not change the speed on Legs in Route & Mark Manager like I used to by double clicking the speed for a Leg. "

More information required, please.
If you recall, what version and platform of OCPN allowed double clicking on route leg in route manager dialog?

Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 07:50   #242
Marine Service Provider

Baikal...

re:

ENC S-57 chart update not working correctly!

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3578217

I have tested this on linux, and see no problem. The SENC file is rebuilt on several conditions. One of which is when the cell file (.000) is updated, by file date.

Please describe the steps you performed, producing an error.
Thanks
Dave
Old 06-03-2022, 08:08   #243
Marine Service Provider

Franziska....

re:
"Got a little OpenGL and MB Tiles issue here..."

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3562560

Can you give us any more information on this? Possibly post a link to the tileset causing the trouble?

Thanks
Dave
Old 16-03-2022, 03:21   #244

Boat: Adams 40'

Hi all,

I need some help; I upgraded a couple of weeks ago ( from 4.2, mid 2019), thinking what could possibly go wrong and have since been reading manuals, posts and wikis to try to get a solution.

I have used OpenCPN for a couple of years, standard with O charts on a dongle for Australia, on a Win 10 operating system ( see paste below)

After upgrade I cant get my Ocharts to load.

I have set paths, deleted old executables, configured the plugins and am well on the way to learning a new language.

I have followed the ocharts install guide ( pasted below) but, after logging in and updating successfully, there is nothing to show to in the install chart list ( item 4 below, which i guess is due to the fact that i bought in 2019, but there are no steps / hints as to what to do next???

appreciate any guidance as to how to proceed.

thanks

Aidan

Four simple steps to install your charts from inside of open CPN:
1. Go to Options → Charts → o-charts tab
2. Log in to o-charts shop
3. Identify your system
4. Install the desired chart
4.1. Select the chart you want to install by clicking on the corresponding list item.

4.2. Click the "Install" button, follow the instructions to choose an installation folder and accept the License Agreement. On smaller screens with lower resolutions (Android), you might have to scroll down to find the "Install" button.

4.3. Click "OK" and your charts will be processed and added to your catalogue.

Operating system.

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎15/‎01/‎2021
OS build 19043.1526
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0
Apslevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2022, 03:56   #245
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Aidan,

I understand that the o-charts plug-in is in place and is working? o-charts tab at Charts? oeSENC plug-in disabled?

if you have the oeSENC chart directory still, you can add it manually to the Chart Files at Options|Charts. --> Add & Apply

What you can't do is to retrieve expired charts from the o-charts server. Your charts aren't there anymore.
That's why the oeSENC/o-charts plug-in migration manual advises to keep the old oeSENC directories in place. The o-charts plug-in does deal with charts in the retired formats.

Hope that helps..

Hubert
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2022, 05:46   #246

Boat: Compromis 777

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtvalhalla View Post
Yes you can. I cover this in my Terry's Tips which you can download from https://www.mediafire.com/file/9cgqn...s_Tips.7z/file

Terry
link is down?
NielsvdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2022, 14:29   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
Aidan,

I understand that the o-charts plug-in is in place and is working? o-charts tab at Charts? oeSENC plug-in disabled?

if you have the oeSENC chart directory still, you can add it manually to the Chart Files at Options|Charts. --> Add & Apply

What you can't do is to retrieve expired charts from the o-charts server. Your charts aren't there anymore.
That's why the oeSENC/o-charts plug-in migration manual advises to keep the old oeSENC directories in place. The o-charts plug-in does deal with charts in the retired formats.

Hope that helps..

Hubert
Hubert, thanks for the reply.

I think I have
- disabled the old plugin
- configured the o charts plugin with preferences and dongle name and identifier.
- updated file location details ( original pre upgrade data)

As the charts don't load, I also logged into ocharts and followed their manual to try to load.
It seemed to process the logon and request and now shows my chart set, with status of "update chart list"

When I refresh in the tab, nothing happens and it doesn't get to the next stage of loading the charts.

Under the charts tab, ocharts sub tab the Austrslian Vector Charts 2019 is visible as my chart set, but doesn't load.
So maybe the chart aspect is good, but there is a configuration issue elsewhere?

I haven't changed anything else, just ran the update??

Thanks again,

Aidan
Old 16-03-2022, 14:38   #248
bcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apslevin View Post

Under the charts tab, ocharts sub tab the Austrslian Vector Charts 2019 is visible as my chart set, but doesn't load.
So maybe the chart aspect is good, but there is a configuration issue elsewhere?

Thanks again,

Aidan
Aidan..

the chart licenses expire after one year and then you can't update those from the server from then on.

Independent from the migration of oeSENC plug-in to the o-charts plug-in.

If you have still the old 2019 chart set on your PC you shall be able to install it. If not, it is gone.

Hubert
Old 16-03-2022, 18:24   #249

Boat: Santa Cruz 40

Hello Everyone, I have a simple OpenCPN question. I used to use Garmin's Home Port on my Mac but once I switched to Big Sur the 32-bit Home Port won't run anymore so I decided to try OpenCPN (with the eventual goal of running it on something like an RPI on my sailboat). Right now what I want to do is to copy a GPX file from from my Garmin, load it into OpenCPN and edit it so that I can export a GPX file that has just the section of my sail that I am interested in. I can get all that to work, my question is that when I start OpenCPN and load the GPX file, I still see almost half of the US so I have to zoom in, move, etc... many times to get to the area I am interested in (San Francisco Bay Area for example). I can't find a "center chart on GPX track" control like there was in Home Port. I am running OpenCPN 5.6.0 on a MacBook Pro with the M1 chip.
Captain Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2022, 20:19   #250

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Salty View Post
Hello Everyone, I have a simple OpenCPN question. I used to use Garmin's Home Port on my Mac but once I switched to Big Sur the 32-bit Home Port won't run anymore so I decided to try OpenCPN (with the eventual goal of running it on something like an RPI on my sailboat). Right now what I want to do is to copy a GPX file from from my Garmin, load it into OpenCPN and edit it so that I can export a GPX file that has just the section of my sail that I am interested in. I can get all that to work, my question is that when I start OpenCPN and load the GPX file, I still see almost half of the US so I have to zoom in, move, etc... many times to get to the area I am interested in (San Francisco Bay Area for example). I can't find a "center chart on GPX track" control like there was in Home Port. I am running OpenCPN 5.6.0 on a MacBook Pro with the M1 chip.
I'm running 5.6.0 on a 7yo Macbook Pro with Mojave and 5.6.1 on a new MB Pro with Monterey.

Both just have CM93 1.31 charts, the Peruvian RNCs, and a swag of Chilean KAPs.

If I shut OCPN down properly it goes to the exact same spot I left it at when I start up again.
I can't help you beyond sharing that.
Old 17-03-2022, 04:23   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apslevin View Post
Hubert, thanks for the reply.

I think I have
- disabled the old plugin
- configured the o charts plugin with preferences and dongle name and identifier.
- updated file location details ( original pre upgrade data)

As the charts don't load, I also logged into ocharts and followed their manual to try to load.
It seemed to process the logon and request and now shows my chart set, with status of "update chart list"

When I refresh in the tab, nothing happens and it doesn't get to the next stage of loading the charts.

Thanks again,

Aidan
Hubert,

the charts are there, just they don't load and display?

They sit in the ocharts tab with the dongle codes and details, just they dont display

any ideas as to what else I need to do??

thanks,

Aidan
Old 17-03-2022, 04:40   #252
bcn

Can you take a screenshot? Send it to o-charts together with the log-file and your config file. The about ("?") button gives access to both.
Old 11-05-2022, 16:54   #253

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Where can I find a apk for android for the 5.6.0 from Dave Register (paid version) ?

Google updated my tablet to 5.6.2 and it is unusably slow and messed up.
Old 11-05-2022, 17:20   #254
Marine Service Provider

CatNewBee...
The bare APK is not available. All Production installations are made by download from PlayStore.
If you will describe your problems, help is available.
Thanks
Dave
Old 11-05-2022, 18:39   #255

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
CatNewBee...
The bare APK is not available. All Production installations are made by download from PlayStore.
If you will describe your problems, help is available.
Thanks
Dave
Basically the touch screen pan is not responsive, charts load very slow, quilting order is messed up with raster charts like Bauhaus and cm93, z order of detailed over less detailed doesn't work - instead the cm93 is shown hiding the raster chart of the same chart group - was working before when you zoom in and out, ENC charts take forever to load or to zoom, smaller roboto fonts appear as handwriting instead of the roboto font to name a few issues.

Tags
enc, lease, opencpn