Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-02-2023, 08:17   #1

OpenCPN 5.6.2

Hello guy's,

I am struggling to connect an "RTL-SDR V3" to "Open CPN 5.6.2" in "Windows 10 (64bit)"

My dongle is metal gray and reads RTL-SDR.COM" and on the back it has a sticker on it "NSY2019" compairing on the webside it doesn't look inmediatly fake!? Futher, I installed it with last version of Zadig driver 2.7 (WinUSB v6.1.7600.16385)...

Still my "Device Manager" put's it in the list as "Universal Serial Bus Devices" name Bulk-In, Interface ... two times actually, one called "0" and the other called "1"!

In SDR# and HDSDR ... it works fine, I receive local broadcast stations, and also Ham Radio stations at 2m and 70cm band...

But in OpenCPN... I got the Plug-in ... "rtlsdr 1.3" and I tried in options to use it, so I enable the checkbox ... then in Preferences I can't select the dongle ... "the box stay's completely empthy" ...

If I later restart the OpenCPN (with the check box in enabled for rtlsdr 1.3) it give's and error that the software didn't found the dongle "Fail to open rtlsdr" ...

Please maybe someone knows what I am doing wrong? I guess that OpenCPN don't find the dongle because it is installed under a wrong item?

Looking forward to Your help,

Kind Regards
Jan_Anderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2023, 13:10   #2

Re: OpenCPN 5.6.2

AISMon and VB Audio Virtual Cable solved my problem...

Case closed,

Thanks
Jan_Anderen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, opencpn