Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-08-2021, 03:17   #16

Re: OpenCPN and Mac Crashes - GSHHG Basemaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
None of that is any useful. If there were crash reports generate, they would be under User Reports on Mojave if I remember correctly.
The last thing you may try is to run OpenCPN form the commandline (Open Terminal.app and execute /Applications/OpenCPN.app/Contents/MacOS/OpenCPN) and see if anything gets dumped into the terminal window.

Does OpenCPN crash only on the GSHHS base charts download?

You can still of course download the archives manually from https://github.com/chartcatalogs/gsh...ses/tag/v2.3.7 and extract them to your system without the use of the downloader.
I again, Having issues now with OpenCPN crashing when downloading updates to British Isles OeSENC charts. I also don't receive email from oeSENC as I do with the Spain charts for the manual link?
Brett K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2021, 03:19   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
Unfortunately not, what we want to look at is the crash report generated by macOS after the application crashes (after it crashes, the OS should show you a dialog asking to Relaunch the app, Ignore the problem or generate a crash report)
We would like to see that crash report which contains the backtrace of the crash itself.
Hi again,
Still having lost of issues with OpenCPN crashing... I have recently downloaded OeSenc British Isles/France and when downloading update OpenCPN crashes? I don't receive any email (as I do with the Spain charts) giving a link to manually download?
Thanks again
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OpenCPN Crash.pdf (183.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 17-08-2021, 19:17   #18
Marine Service Provider

Brett...
This is a bug in OCPN 5.2.4, scheduled to be corrected in the next Release.
Temporary workaround: Temporarily disable "Course-up" mode while downloading and installing/up-dating new charts.
You may safely re-enable "course-up" mode after the new charts are fully installed.

Thanks for the bug report
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2021, 21:20   #19

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the reply. I don't have course up enabled during downloads? There is still an ongoing/unresolved issue with downloading basemaps?
I have had a response from oeSENC (I have a couple of chart sets from them) They have advised I remove all previous versions of charts as database is to big and could be causing issues? Unfortunately updates do not overwrite previous versions of charts, it installs as a complete new set..
I am now monitoring to see what happens next update..
Thanks again

Tags
enc, opencpn