Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2017, 06:58   #46

Boat: Jeanneau Sunshine 36
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 4.5.201

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasig View Post
Did you, by any chance, try "make package" and tried to install and run the deb package on the same or another machine?

Thank you
No, I only did an install. I may try tonight (Europe time !)
sailorF54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:35   #47

Boat: Jeanneau Sunshine 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorF54 View Post
No, I only did an install. I may try tonight (Europe time !)
Well, making the package was much quicker than I expected. So here it is to download if someone find it useful
"opencpn_4.5.204-1_amd64.deb"
DL.FREE.FR

(I have no other machine to install it on, so I have not tried it)
Note that it is the 204 version, not the 201...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	O4.5.204.png
Views:	109
Size:	359.3 KB
ID:	140682  
sailorF54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:10   #48

Boat: Dehler, Cruising 41 - BEBECA
Send a message via Skype™ to deltasig

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorF54 View Post
Well, making the package was much quicker than I expected. So here it is to download if someone find it useful
"opencpn_4.5.204-1_amd64.deb"
DL.FREE.FR

(I have no other machine to install it on, so I have not tried it)
Note that it is the 204 version, not the 201...
Thank you. I downloaded and tried to install (I noticed the .204).
The deb package could not be installed; see bellow for messages. As someone said above the pre-requisite packages when building the program are not up to date and the generated deb file cannot be installed. If someone has managed that (install the generated .deb file after compilation) please enlighten us!

Unpacking opencpn (4.5.204) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of opencpn:
opencpn depends on libwxgtk3.0-0; however:
Package libwxgtk3.0-0 is not installed.
opencpn depends on wx3.0-i18n; however:
Package wx3.0-i18n is not installed.
opencpn depends on libtinyxml2.6.2; however:
Package libtinyxml2.6.2 is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package opencpn (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
deltasig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:20   #49

Boat: Kelt 8.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasig View Post
Did you, by any chance, try "make package" and tried to install and run the deb package on the same or another machine?

Thank you
I do that all the time And it works. It makes the life easier if I want to downgrade to an earlier version.

Jean-Marie
houlejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:52   #50
ejs

Boat: Leopard 48

Hi Boat,

I'm using an Orange Pi plus 2 for this so it may be different than the Raspberries. I also think that the developers of Armbian may have recently included some hardware GPU support so that may have caused the change.

Thanks for looking at this, Eric

Here is the cmake output:

-- *** Build Architecture is armhf
-- *** Staging to build opencpn 4.5.201 ***
-- *** Package will NOT include documentation ***
-- *** Package will include GSHHS basechart level: NONE ***
-- *** Package will NOT include tide and current data ***
-- Found OpenGLESv1
-- Adding local GLU
CMake Warning (dev) at CMakeLists.txt:397 (add_subdirectory):
Policy CMP0013 is not set: Duplicate binary directories are not allowed.
Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0013" for policy details. Use the cmake_policy
command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

The binary directory

/home/scoots/Downloads/new/OpenCPN/build/src/glu

is already used to build a source directory. This command uses it to build
source directory

/home/scoots/Downloads/new/OpenCPN/src/glu

which can generate conflicting build files. CMake does not support this
use case but it used to work accidentally and is being allowed for
compatibility.
This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Found wxWidgets...
-- wxWidgets Includ: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-3.0;/usr/include/wx-3.0
-- wxWidgets Libraries: -L/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf;-pthread;;;-lwx_baseu_net-3.0;-lwx_baseu_xml-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_html-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_adv-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_aui-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_core-3.0;-lwx_baseu-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_gl-3.0
-- Revised wxWidgets Libraries: -L/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf;-pthread;-lwx_baseu_net-3.0;-lwx_baseu_xml-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_html-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_adv-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_aui-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_core-3.0;-lwx_baseu-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_gl-3.0
--
-- *** Staging to build opencpn ***
-- Build type: Release
-- *** Will install to /usr/local ***
-- Crash reporting enabled
-- Using Linux crash reporting
-- Found Portaudio: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libportaudio.so
-- Portaudio Found
-- wxCurl configured...
-- CURL_LIBRARIES:/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcurl.so
-- Building with lzma support
-- Building with tinyxml includes
-- S57 ENC support: enabled
-- Garmin Host Mode support: enabled
-- Found LibELF...
-- ELF Lib: /usr/include
-- ELF Include: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libelf.so
--
-- *** Staging to build PlugIns ***
-- *** Staging to build grib_pi ***
--
-- *** Staging to build dashboard_pi ***
-- *** Staging to build wmm_pi ***
-- Found OpenGL...
-- Lib: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLU.so/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGL.so/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libSM.so/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libICE.so/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libX11.so/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libXext.so
-- Include: /usr/include
-- Found OpenGL...
-- Lib: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLU.so/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGL.so/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libSM.so/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libICE.so/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libX11.so/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libXext.so
-- *** Staging to build chartdldr_pi ***
-- Found OpenGL...
-- Chartdldr_pi building with system tinyxml
-- Writing spec file...
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/scoots/Downloads/new/OpenCPN/build
ejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 21:15   #51

Boat: Dehler, Cruising 41 - BEBECA
Send a message via Skype™ to deltasig

[QUOTE=ejs;2318861]Hi Boat,

I'm using an Orange Pi plus 2 for this so it may be different than the Raspberries. I also think that the developers of Armbian may have recently included some hardware GPU support so that may have caused the change.

Thanks for looking at this, Eric

Here is the cmake output:
/QUOTE]

If you want your cmake to finish you have to take care of the duplicate src/GLU. See my post #38 how to fix this (comment out line 397 in CMakeLists.txt)

DS
deltasig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:54   #52

Dear all,
I am following your forum for some months. I don't have yet a boat, but I am playing with a odroid C2 computer (arm64) and trying to compile and install OCPN on it. And for now, I haven't succeded.
Like others, I had to comment the line for GLU in the CMakeList to compile it. Now when I do the "make", I have the same issue as deltasig. Any clue how to solve it?

I know it used to be possible to compile it ODROID Forum • View topic - Odroid for sailboat navigation? Help a non-techie?

Code:
make -f CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/build
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/odroid/OpenCPN/build'
Linking CXX executable opencpn
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/c++    -pthread -O3 -DNDEBUG    CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/chart1.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/bbox.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/ocpn_pixel.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/ocpndc.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/chartdb.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/chartdbs.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/chartimg.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/ChartDataInputStream.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/chcanv.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/ocpCursor.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TCWin.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/S57QueryDialog.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/GoToPositionDialog.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/CM93DSlide.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/RolloverWin.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/ChInfoWin.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/AISTargetQueryDialog.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/AIS_Bitstring.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/AISTargetListDialog.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/AISTargetAlertDialog.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/AIS_Decoder.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/AIS_Target_Data.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/OCPNListCtrl.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/Quilt.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/Hyperlink.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/NavObjectCollection.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/RoutePoint.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/Route.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/Track.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/SelectItem.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/Select.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/FontMgr.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/FontDesc.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/OCPNSoundData.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/OCPN_Sound.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/NMEALogWindow.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TTYWindow.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TTYScroll.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/SendToGpsDlg.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/Layer.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/concanv.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/cutil.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/georef.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/navutil.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/routeman.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/routemanagerdialog.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/routeprop.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/routeprintout.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/PositionParser.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/printtable.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/piano.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/tcmgr.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/Station_Data.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/IDX_entry.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TCDataFactory.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TCDS_Ascii_Harmonic.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TCDS_Binary_Harmonic.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TCDataSource.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/thumbwin.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/options.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/gshhs.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/kml.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/undo.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/about.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/ais.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/pluginmanager.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/gpxdocument.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/wxJSON/jsonwriter.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/wxJSON/jsonreader.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/wxJSON/jsonval.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/styles.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/toolbar.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/compass.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/geodesic.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/datastream.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/OCPN_DataStreamEvent.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/ConnectionParams.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/OCP_DataStreamInput_Thread.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/multiplexer.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/pugixml.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/OCPNRegion.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/LLRegion.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TrackPropDlg.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/LinkPropDlg.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/ssl/sha1.c.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/viewport.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/canvasMenu.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/OCPNPlatform.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/FlexHash.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/iENCToolbar.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/crashprint.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/glChartCanvas.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/glTextureDescriptor.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/glTexCache.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/glTextureManager.cpp.o CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/TexFont.cpp.o  -o opencpn  -L/home/odroid/OpenCPN/build  -L/home/odroid/OpenCPN/build/lib -rdynamic libNMEA0183.a -lportaudio libWXCURL.a -lcurl libWXSVG.a libS57ENC.a libGARMINHOST.a libSYMBOLS.a libTEXCMP.a libMIPMAP.a -L/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu -pthread -lwx_baseu_net-3.0 -lwx_baseu_xml-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_html-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_aui-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_core-3.0 -lwx_baseu-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_gl-3.0 lib/libGLU.a -lbz2 -lz -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lXext -ltinyxml -llzma -ldl -lelf -lcairo -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpangoxft-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lexpat -lglib-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgio-2.0 -lgthread-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpangoxft-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lexpat -lglib-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgio-2.0 -lgthread-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lpango-1.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -lgtk-x11-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/src/glChartCanvas.cpp.o: undefined reference to symbol 'glColorMask'
//usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/build.make:2511: recipe for target 'opencpn' failed
make[2]: *** [opencpn] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/odroid/OpenCPN/build'
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:414: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/odroid/OpenCPN/build'
Makefile:140: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
Thank for your help
maxencep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 10:59   #53
Marine Service Provider

maxencep...

I don't know anything about odroid. But if it runs a modern linux distro, have you tried the ppa builds of OpenCPN from the opencpn.org download page? These builds are done by Ubuntu virtual build robots. The builds complete without error for Arm64, but I don't know if they run....

Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:58   #54

Boat: CT34

hello all

Can someone please save me reinventing the wheel.
I am trying to get openCPN to use my CM93 charts on Andriod.
I have under the chart tab "Add directory" ok
It shows the correct directory on my device
but the charts are not displayed when I run the program
Everything else seems fine.

I have used the same set of charts on openCPN on a windows 10 computer
The charts display correctly.

What am I missing on the Android device.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:09   #55

Boat: BENETEAU

Hello Julius222,

If you are using the OpenCPN Android paid version, you will get more support on this dedicated forum

OpenCPN Android Forum for the Purchased App - OpenCPN for Android Versions 1.0.0 - 1.0.12

Serge
AISEAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:35   #56

Dear Dave,
After your answer, I deciced to reinstalle y odroid with an Ubuntu image (instead of the Debian). And it works very well through the ppa.
Sorry for not having answered sooner, I was sent outside of my home for the job, without the computer.
For information, without any extra chart, I have between 5 and 10 fps. But I am not sure the graphic acceleration driver on the odroid are well implementated from what I have understood.

For now I will stick to this configuration, even if I have bought a Raspberry Pi 3 to ease even more the system.

Thank again for your support.

Maxence
maxencep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:55   #57

Boat: a sailing boat

Dave,

Was there anything between 4.0 and 4.6 that could affect the redrawing speed?

I am asking as I have 4.0 on the old machine (XP, RAM1G,) and 4.6 on the new one (Win10, RAM4G) and I believe I notice the 4.6 running slower than 4.0 - even though the new machine is at least 6 times faster in other graphic applications (double core, RAM, clock, etc etc).

And now I can see a 4.5 version. So I am not clear why 4.5 comes after 4.6 and whether I should upgrade to 4.5 or degrade to 4.0.

Yes. I know these are naive questions BUT I find it difficult to follow this numeration/performance thing as is.

Thanks, + BIG HUG
b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 15:56   #58
Marine Service Provider

barnakiel...

You should be running with 4.6.1, which is the currently offered "official" download on openpcn.org.

I would like more information on performance issues you have noticed with 4.6.1.
What platform are you running?

Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 08:17   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
barnakiel...

You should be running with 4.6.1, which is the currently offered "official" download on openpcn.org.

I would like more information on performance issues you have noticed with 4.6.1.
What platform are you running?

Thanks
Dave
OpenCPN 4.6.1:

I am on Windows 10 Pro (64x). All drivers up to date. All bloatware disabled. The display is 11,6 inch.

The machine is a Celeron 1.6Ghz twin core, 4GB RAM (matched), graphics Intel HD integrated, HDD 500GB (400GB free),

The comparative machine is Win XP/3 on an Asus EeePC with a single core Celeron wit 1GB RAM, Integrated graphics and 10 inch screen, and the OpenCPN there is 4.0. It is the faster one.

I will set up the 4.0 on the new machine and make a comparative test.

Cheers,
b.
Old 26-04-2017, 16:08   #60

@ Dave:

I have run the a/m test. It is the amount of default text displayed on the screen that slows down the new version. The 4.0 version had way less text displayed by default and so the machine worked faster. 4.6 has much more chart text visible out of the box and so the re-draw is slower.

So, a users challenge, nothing wrong in the software!

I simply trim the amt of text I need and the new version is a blitz.

Thanks, regards,
barnakiel

Tags
enc, opencpn