Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-01-2018, 11:49   #16

Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 4.8.10129

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
.Paul.

At the end of the logfile you should be able to find which chart is causing the crash.

1. Remove/rename that chart, and then confirm the rebuilt proceeds to completion.
2. Please send me a copy of that chart ( and any others found problematic) for analysis.

Thanks
Dave
Twelve PilotCharts files, SPInfo01.kap through SPInfo12.kap, cause the database rebuild to crash. I changed the extensions on these 12 files to "kapX", and the "Force Full Database Rebuild" now runs to completion.

Here is a link to a zip file containing SPInfo01.kap:
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7rw8hnithc54gwa/SPInfo01.zip?dl=0
Paul
.Paul. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 12:56   #17

Boat: Dufour 35

Dave

It looks like these old SP pilot charts are causing problems.

The line
Code:
CPH/180.0
is missing from all the Pacific kap files.
Has there been any changes recently in the code, perhaps a stricter interpretation of "CPH", that could cause the crash?

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 13:51   #18

Boat: Dufour 35

Tested with the latest git code including the patch for the bad Swedish chart. No crash with the Swedish chart or the Pacific Pilot charts, but I cannot display the NP & SP pilot charts.
The other Pilot Charts are shown OK. There seems to be no hints in the log.

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 13:59   #19

Boat: Lagoon 500

Quote:
Ahoy testers...

Here is OpenCPN Beta Version 4.8.10129

This is intended to be the last Beta before the Release Candidate.

Source is available now on github at:
https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN
Branch: master
Tag: Beta_v4.8.10129

Windows:
http://opencpn.navnux.org/beta/openc...0129_setup.exe

Mac:
http://opencpn.navnux.org/beta/OpenCPN_4.8.10129.dmg

linux Beta PPA:
In build queue now.

Flyspray: On the Project "4.8.0 Release", I have marked the Tasks which I consider to be completed as "Finished".
If you disagree with these dispositions, please comment. I will close these Tasks before the next Beta/RC if no comments are received.

We have no plans to address any further Flyspray Tasks on OCPN 4.8.2.

Crowdin: Translations updated.

Changelog:
36. Update embedded users manual. Thanks to our "Wiki wrangler", Rick Gleason, for a super job.
37. Correct corrupted display on some (e.g. Argentinian) RNCs. Requires chart database rebuild.
39. Improve some MacOS Dialog box layout rules.
40. Implement Settings->UserInterface font sample.
41. Send NOBJNM to the plugins consuming the vector chart object information. (FS#1485).

Thanks for your help, and...
Good Luck
Dave
I am running this beta on a MacBook Pro. The fix for windows disappearing behind the chart window or behind other windows is a backward step. It just leaves the secondary windows permanently displayed over the top of the chart window, and some secondary windows still get covered by other secondary windows (eg. the Climatology window). Furthermore, some of these windows remain displayed over the top of the Mac display when other Mac applications are displayed (eg Grib Display Control window) - this is very annoying and a no-no.

Is it not possible to follow the Mac window convention with a "Window" menu on the OCP Menu Bar where you can select which window to display on top? You would then get a full size chart window with only the selected secondary window displayed on top if selected.

I have been using the Weather Routing PI (1.11), Climatology PI (1.2) and Grib PI (4.1) extensively and I am quite impressed. I have not been able to workout how to use multiple polars for sail changes, motoring head to wind and sailing normally. I have prepared seperate polars for each but I cannot find how to load them so that different polars will be used for changing conditions. Can someone help wit step by step advice please?
kevinvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 14:26   #20

Boat: Phantom 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvh View Post
I am running this beta on a MacBook Pro. The fix for windows disappearing behind the chart window or behind other windows is a backward step. It just leaves the secondary windows permanently displayed over the top of the chart window, and some secondary windows still get covered by other secondary windows (eg. the Climatology window). Furthermore, some of these windows remain displayed over the top of the Mac display when other Mac applications are displayed (eg Grib Display Control window) - this is very annoying and a no-no.
While I hear you, it is the first time I hear something else than "I am using macOS and the windows keep disappearing, which is totally confusing." We simply pay the price of the modal dialog paradigm being totally different on all the other platforms but macOS here.
FWIW while I have seen it in the past, I am not able to reproduce the problem with the grib control window (or any other "secondary OpenCPN window") staying on top of other applications with the current versions, it gets bellow together with OpenCPN for me.
Quote:
Is it not possible to follow the Mac window convention with a "Window" menu on the OCP Menu Bar where you can select which window to display on top? You would then get a full size chart window with only the selected secondary window displayed on top if selected.
No, not at this moment. To do at least something about it is on my list for the next major release.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 14:48   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
While I hear you, it is the first time I hear something else than "I am using macOS and the windows keep disappearing, which is totally confusing." We simply pay the price of the modal dialog paradigm being totally different on all the other platforms but macOS here.
FWIW while I have seen it in the past, I am not able to reproduce the problem with the grib control window (or any other "secondary OpenCPN window") staying on top of other applications with the current versions, it gets bellow together with OpenCPN for me.

No, not at this moment. To do at least something about it is on my list for the next major release.

Pavel
Thanks for the reply Pavel. Attached is a screenshot of the offending GRIB Display Control window. There was a much larger window doing the same thing but now I can't find it - I will revert.

I notice a couple of other small changes that I don't like - the Toolbar Auto Hide now truly hider the toolbar and it can get lost behind another window. It used to go auto transparent which I thought was better considering the lost behind windows issue. The "Options" window now hides under everything else even when clicked upon - this is annoying as I use the Options window a lot and it is not one you normally leave open.

I am running a 2015 15" MBP with the latest MacOS High Sierra - could the latest MacOS not be as compatible with OpenCPN as the older versions?
Old 30-01-2018, 16:18   #22

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Pavel. Attached is a screenshot of the offending GRIB Display Control window. There was a much larger window doing the same thing but now I can't find it - I will revert.
I suppose the other one was "About OpenCPN". Both should be fixed in the source tree now.
Quote:
I notice a couple of other small changes that I don't like - the Toolbar Auto Hide now truly hider the toolbar and it can get lost behind another window. It used to go auto transparent which I thought was better considering the lost behind windows issue.
I think you are confusing the hiding behaviour with the transparent toolbar which is and always was available only in non-OpenGL mode.
For the "lost behind other windows" all I can currently offer is "Don't put any other windows to the upper left corner of the screen"...
Quote:
The "Options" window now hides under everything else even when clicked upon - this is annoying as I use the Options window a lot and it is not one you normally leave open.
Which Options window do you refer to?
Quote:
I am running a 2015 15" MBP with the latest MacOS High Sierra - could the latest MacOS not be as compatible with OpenCPN as the older versions?
I can't say I noticed any difference between High Sierra and the older versions.
Old 30-01-2018, 16:35   #23

Quote:
I suppose the other one was "About OpenCPN". Both should be fixed in the source tree now.

I think you are confusing the hiding behaviour with the transparent toolbar which is and always was available only in non-OpenGL mode.
For the "lost behind other windows" all I can currently offer is "Don't put any other windows to the upper left corner of the screen"...

I can't say I noticed any difference between High Sierra and the older versions.
Yes - About OpenCPN.

Yep - it was the transparent toolbar in non-Open GL mode.

The main Options window - Display/Charts/Connections/Ships etc.

Thanks - Kevin
Old 30-01-2018, 17:12   #24

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Quote:
I have been using the Weather Routing PI (1.11), Climatology PI (1.2) and Grib PI (4.1) extensively and I am quite impressed. I have not been able to workout how to use multiple polars for sail changes, motoring head to wind and sailing normally. I have prepared seperate polars for each but I cannot find how to load them so that different polars will be used for changing conditions. Can someone help wit step by step advice please?
See http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2566821
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 17:36   #25

Quote:

Hi Pavel - here is another small issue that appeared in this beta - see attached screenshot. The Weather Routing - WeatherRouting Configuration.xml window does not hold its column formatting if OpenCPN is shutdown and subsequently reopened. You have to keep setting the column widths.
Old 30-01-2018, 17:44   #26

Quote:
Hi Pavel - here is another small issue that appeared in this beta - see attached screenshot. The Weather Routing - WeatherRouting Configuration.xml window does not hold its column formatting if OpenCPN is shutdown and subsequently reopened. You have to keep setting the column widths.
The weather routing plugin is not part of OpenCPN, please create an issue in https://github.com/seandepagnier/wea...ting_pi/issues or at least report it in http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...100060-88.html
Old 30-01-2018, 17:46   #27

Quote:
The weather routing plugin is not part of OpenCPN, please create an issue in https://github.com/seandepagnier/wea...ting_pi/issues or at least report it in http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...100060-88.html
Thanks - will do
Old 30-01-2018, 18:46   #28
Marine Service Provider

.Paul./cagney...

Corrected Pilot Charts Pacific loading. In github master now.

Root cause: The test for bad Argentina charts was catching suspects that cross IDL, but have no other problems.

Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 21:37   #29

Quote:
Bruce...
regarding:

Code:
9:00:31 PM: Initializing Chart C:\Users\Bruce\OneDrive\OpenCPN\ENC\C25C503E.000
9:00:31 PM: S57chart::Checking SENC file: C:\ProgramData\opencpn\SENC\8B8D84AA09CA_C25C503E. S57
9:00:31 PM: Rebuilding SENC due to incremental cell update.
9:00:31 PM: Last update recorded in SENC: 32 most recent update file: 34
9:00:31 PM: Preparing to apply ENC updates, target final update is 34.
9:00:31 PM: Warning 1: While applying update 33, an update to RCNM=130,RCID=4287 failed.
9:00:31 PM: WARNING---ENC Update failed. Last valid update file is:C:\ProgramData\opencpn\SENC\C25C503E.032
9:00:31 PM: This ENC exchange set should be updated and SENCs rebuilt.
As said before, this update (033) to cell 503E is broken. OpenCPN cannot apply the update. We would like to address this with the HO issuer of the cells., but have no contact.
Do you have any access to the HO technical staff?

Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave,

Did you try hydro@mardep.gov.hk?

Thanks, best regards,

Bruce
brucechun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 21:47   #30
Marine Service Provider

Bruce...

I did try another contact at mardep.gov.hk