Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2023, 10:41   #1831

Boat: Cross 46 Trimaran 'Migration'
Re: OpenCPN General

FLYSPRAY: Bug Reports/Feature Requests?

Hi All,

Is Flyspray retired for use with OpenCPN reporting? There isn't a 5.8.4 Release project and not much activity. What's the best place for bug reports? And I assume Feature Requests should now only go on the Feature Requests thread on this forum?
Thanks,
Bruce
Old 22-10-2023, 16:11   #1832

Hi,

How do I get GPS for my opencpn 2023 MacBook Air running 13.4?
jasdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2023, 01:04   #1833

For those interested ( and maybe Opencpn ).
Free charts for Norway and Sweden available here:

https://kart.gulesider.no/s%C3%B8k/sj%C3%B8kart
Viken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2023, 14:14   #1834

Hi All, In need of direction...I love the software and am very happy with the user interface on my laptop. My question is: For the inland rivers charts, the river mileage is not displaying on the screen. The value is there. If I do an object query on the km variable that shows up every mile, I can see the mileage in the "wtwdis" variable on the drop down...It just isn't showing that value on the screen.... Help!

Paul
pkejsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2023, 14:24   #1835
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Which charts you are looking at? "Display category" used? (you select those from the Display menu down right - the Hamburger).
Example is from river Elbe, German InlandEnc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2023-10-31 a las 22.19.33.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	409.2 KB
ID:	282896  
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2023, 18:15   #1836

Name:	<a title=mississippi.JPG Views: 36 Size: 74.0 KB ID: 282903" style="margin: 2px" />

This is of the Mississippi.
Old 31-10-2023, 18:17   #1837

My Display category is set to "all"
Old 01-11-2023, 05:06   #1838

I would very much like to solve this issue...I'm using a reference book that is categorized by mile marker and having it on screen would make finding things much easier...
Old 01-11-2023, 05:11   #1839

My apologies, BCN I Made the adjustment you suggested yesterday, but did not restart the software. It's working now... Very happy :-)
Old 05-11-2023, 00:54   #1840

Boat: Cross 46 Trimaran 'Migration'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbalan View Post
FLYSPRAY: Bug Reports/Feature Requests?

Hi All,

Is Flyspray retired for use with OpenCPN reporting? There isn't a 5.8.4 Release project and not much activity. What's the best place for bug reports? And I assume Feature Requests should now only go on the Feature Requests thread on this forum?
Thanks,
Bruce

Didn't see any answer for this. Any comments?
Thanks,
Bruce
Old 05-11-2023, 03:41   #1841

Followup: Now that the mileage is appearing, the placemark did not go away. any ideas? There is a small circle with km behind it as if it would get used if you were using kilometers. see pic
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	283090  
Old 06-11-2023, 00:12   #1842

Boat: Feltz, One Off, 40 ft

Hi there. Would love some help. I am just back on my boat in NZ. Started my navigation computer yesterday, everything worked fine. Got the AIS data and the seatalk instruments, and was happy. Today, OpenCPN continously crashes. Though only when connected to the AIS Wifi. n(Via Vepser Marine XB8000 AIS). How should I proceed? It's a machine configured with Win10. Opencpn just says it stopped working. What logfiles should I dive into or share here?
wernertoonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 10:07   #1843

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wernertoonk View Post
Hi there. Would love some help. I am just back on my boat in NZ. Started my navigation computer yesterday, everything worked fine. Got the AIS data and the seatalk instruments, and was happy. Today, OpenCPN continously crashes. Though only when connected to the AIS Wifi. n(Via Vepser Marine XB8000 AIS). How should I proceed? It's a machine configured with Win10. Opencpn just says it stopped working. What logfiles should I dive into or share here?

Werner, I think I would look carefully at my Connections to see if something changed.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 10:25   #1844

Boat: Feltz, One Off, 40 ft

Rick,
Thx. That's where I looked, though couldn't see changes.

I made 2 hardware changes over the last few days. I removed a seatalk to usb gadget, by a seatalk to NMEA convertor. So that instrument data is no separate NMEA stream anymore, but integrated in the stream of the AIS transponder. That is picked up in OpenCpn as a wireless connection. After setting up the connection, OpenCpn worked great. Showing instruments and AIS, all wireless. Less cables, less connections, less issues (normally). I ran for over 24 hours stable, registered the wind data, etc.

Okay, then I shut down the PC, switched of instruments and AIS and made change number 2. That was just cutting out 2 meters of temporarily cable, and reconnecting it, and then restarting. From that moment onwards OpenCPN crashes. Now I checked the wiring / wires, I even removed the Seatalk > NMEA convertor and disconnected it from the AIS. But still, everytime when the wireless connection to the AIS is activated (either by joining that particular wifi, or by manually activating it) OpenCPN starts working.

What I can do, is remove the connection in OpenCPN, restart OpenCPN then add the connection again, but it is all guess work. I honestly have no clue here.

I am a bit rusty as well, after not having sailed off shore for 5 years, and a lot has changed with OpenCpn over the last year. In the logfile I can find no relevant information. Wasn't / isn't there an error log as well? Debug report?

The machine is running on Win10 by the way, using 5.8.4-0. And as said everything (also the connection with the AIS and the instruments) was working properly). And thx again for the response. That is very much appreciated. - Werner (on board of Karma, New Zealand).

Update: removing the connection and adding it as a new, does not solve the issue As soon as I connect to Vesper XB8000 OpenCPN Crashes (using the settings as described by Vesper, that worked before (TCP, 192.168.15.1, 39150). NMEA cable has been removed physically as well.
wernertoonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 12:02   #1845

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Try unplugging and reseating all your connections. If that does not work, look carefully at your shortened wiring and make sure they are right. Headed to Matakana today.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote