Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-04-2019, 05:45   #1111

Boat: Bruce Roberts 44 Ofshore
Re: OpenCPN General

Now do you see what I mean by folder icon labebed ".."? So I can click that and go up to the parent directory and again and again till it gets to root level or as far as your unrooted system will allow. So from /storage/sdcard1/CHARTS I can go down into only the bsb charts or even to only a single chart. Or I can go up one level to /storage/sdcard1 and look around there. Or keep going up to /storage and look at another storage device such as sdcard0.

If the charts are on your phone, then you can find them from within OCPN and include them.

What kind of charts and where are they from? Can you find them with your android's file manager? What is the path? And post screenshot of OCPN's file browser. Let's compare where the charts actually are with where OCPN thinks you want it to look.
Old 30-04-2019, 08:06   #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgd3 View Post
Have you tried connecting your phone to your computer and using the computer to locate and move the chart files?

There are two approaches you can take. You can point OpenCPN to the directory that contains your chart files or you can move your chart files into the directory OpenCPN is already looking at for charts.

Android doesn't make it easy for you to manage your files which is why I suggest connecting the phone to your computer and using the computer to manage the files.

Fabbian
I tried to contact Samsung support to have them help me move my files into the directory, but they said that it was an issue with Cpn, and they could not help. I have Windows 10 on my computer, and that is just as difficult to navigate as the tablet, I would have no idea to go about it.
72harley1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 08:18   #1113

I used to use the Escape key to close a pop up windows inOpencpn. But it is not working anymore in 5.0 . Any alternate key for that?
georgetkleung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 09:49   #1114

Boat: Dufour 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetkleung View Post
I used to use the Escape key to close a pop up windows inOpencpn. But it is not working anymore in 5.0 . Any alternate key for that?
The Escape key ends the process of route creation or stops the measure pencil. Both these cases works for me on O5 using Linux.
These are the only documented uses of the Esc key, see https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=opencpnpencpn_user_manual:getting_ar ound:keyboard_shortcuts

But ... there may be some undocumented uses on different platforms.
You have to be way more specific about your problem.
Which platform are you using?
Exactly which popups are you talking about.

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:10   #1115

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
The Escape key ends the process of route creation or stops the measure pencil. Both these cases works for me on O5 using Linux.
These are the only documented uses of the Esc key, see https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=opencpnpencpn_user_manual:getting_ar ound:keyboard_shortcuts

But ... there may be some undocumented uses on different platforms.
You have to be way more specific about your problem.
Which platform are you using?
Exactly which popups are you talking about.

Thomas
Attached Ais_detail.png is an exmaple. Now no matter I use the Raspbian or Windows version. I cannot close this small windows by Escape. But I can do it in former version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ais_detail.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	191176  
Old 01-05-2019, 09:09   #1116
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

On macOS you exit for this example with "Ok" or the red dot .
The same in Linux systems.

One can leave the window open and create for example way points or measure by right clicking the canvas. From this modes ESC is an option to end the operation.

For the AIS target property window not. ESC is an equivalent to cancel. And in this case one doesn't cancel any operation.

Btw.: the screen shot shown above is not from OCPN 5.0 ??
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2019-05-01 a las 18.03.59.png
Views:	59
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	191179  
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:11   #1117

Boat: Dufour 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetkleung View Post
Attached Ais_detail.png is an exmaple. Now no matter I use the Raspbian or Windows version. I cannot close this small windows by Escape. But I can do it in former version.
I tested your example on Linux and found out that you are absolutely correct.
I can write this up as a regression/feature request in the tracker.

A quick look at this reveals the following popups that are closed with Esc in 4.8.8 but not 5.0.0
*Ais query
*Routes & Marks Manager
*WMM
*Vector chart Object Query

The following popups do not close with Esc in 4.8.8
* Help
* Object Search
* Ais Target list

Any more? What am I missing?

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:27   #1118

Thanks Thomas. No more at the moment
Old 01-05-2019, 10:41   #1119

Boat: Valiant 42

ESC only gets sent to the window with “focus”. Some changes necessitated by the dual canvas feature changes what window has focus after a popup like AIS detail. So while it may appear as a “regression” this is more likely a “bug” previously.

I say that ESC can not be expected to know exactly which popup is meant to be closed.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 16:25   #1120
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Hunter 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowleyMonster View Post
Okay, look at these screen shots from my OCPN. The one showing white background should be the first one you see. Then you click the "add directory" button and you should see the one with the dark background in the app screen. You see the top folder in the current directory? To go up one level, I select that one.
I am having the same problem on my LG G4 (Android 6) phone. I have been attempting ti use the free OpenCPN version and have so far found it impossible to load any charts. The various settings dialogs aren't sized correctly for the screen and when I search for chart folders, I cannot see below the top level Charts folder on the SD chip storage.

I copied all of the charts onto my SD chip from my computer. I can clearly see the folders using the native File Browser but, when I attempt to add a chart folder, all I see is the top level 'Charts' folder. There is nothing in it. There is only one 'Charts' folder on my device which is on the SD chip. Very strange. Here are some screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-01-16-10-30.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	191222   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-01-16-10-37.jpg
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	191223  

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-01-16-10-43.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	191224   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-01-16-10-49.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	191225  

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-01-16-11-34.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	191226   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-01-16-11-40.jpg
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	191227  

Old 02-05-2019, 02:14   #1121

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran

Reg. Android chart folder location. Same issue here. Seems an OpenCPN issue. Sailgrib WR can access that folder on the SD card without issues.

Let's hope for an update. I have the paid version. I'm aware that there is an extra forum for the Android version. Tried to register there a couple of times, never worked out.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:14   #1122
Marine Service Provider

Franziska...

Let us get you registered on the Android Forum, and resolve this problem for the paid version of OpenCPN for Android.
If you would retry your forum registration, we will watch for your login and enable your account manually if necessary.

Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:46   #1123

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran

Dave thanks for your kind answer. I'll give it a new shot soon & give you a heads-up via pm before. Can't try it right now. Possibly tomorrow morning. Thx Fran
Old 02-05-2019, 10:57   #1124

I am looking for a plugin using current Arrow to compute eta from a point A to point B with a given route? I have not seen this in OpenCpn. If someone can build this in Opencpn like in Nobeltec Admiral older version!
P_Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:00   #1125

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

P_Dub,
I don't know why but sometimes your requests seem demanding. Anyway, perhaps you can do something like this right now. I haven't tried this yet, but couldn't you Use Point A= "Move the boat here", then create the route to B and then simply activate it? You will then get ETA in the route window or in the Console depending on what you have the console set to.

Perhaps you have an easier way, using the program we have available now?
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dub View Post
I am looking for a plugin using current Arrow to compute eta from a point A to point B with a given route? I have not seen this in OpenCpn. If someone can build this in Opencpn like in Nobeltec Admiral older version!
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote