Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-09-2018, 19:56   #1

OpenCPN Plugin Issue on MacOS X

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but I was unable to find this after searching the forum so I thought I should bring it up. I recently installed the latest version of OpenCPN as well as the Radiofax plugin on Mac OS X High Sierra (version 10.13.6). After installing the plugin I was unable to enable it within the plugin preferences because the plugin wasn't showing-up.

After some searching I found that the plugin was installing in a directory named Plugins (within the root of the OpenCPN package contents), whereas the default OpenCPN plugins were installed in a directory within the same package location, but with the name of PlugIns (with a capital I). After I copied the Radiofax plugin from the Plugins directory (/Applications/OpenCPN.app/Contents/Plugins) to the PlugIns directory (/Applications/OpenCPN.app/Contents/PlugIns) everything worked successfully.

I'm using the AFS case-sensitive file system on Mac OS X, so I thought this may explain this issue. I thought I should mention it just in case any one else ran into a similar issue!

I apologize if this was mentioned before! Hope this helps if anyone else runs into this issue.

Thanks and have a nice day,
Peter
peterbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 20:07   #2

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: OpenCPN Plugin Issue on MacOS X

Yes, probably all the external OpenCPN plugins will have this issue as all of them use pretty much the same installer framework I developed. This was never a wide spread issue and it actually is the first time I hear about it as historically the mac filesystems are case insensitive.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, opencpn, plug