Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-11-2010, 07:40   #346

Boat: pilotboat 36
Beta 2.2.1111 windows XP sp 3.
Right after each start up of the programme, I get those weird and unwanted track lines from AIS targets, when the AIS tracking function is in use. Maybee there should be some sort af delay in the tracking function in order to make the AIS info settle?
Click image for larger version

Name:	unwanted track lines.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	21437
Old 23-11-2010, 11:59   #347

Routes

Beta 2.2.1111 XP sp3 et win7
Load a route make with other version of OpenCPN.
When click on REVERSE (inverser la route en Français) the route, after there is only the first waypoint and the route is not visible !
Old 23-11-2010, 12:03   #348

Boat: Chiquita 46 - Libertalia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiersp View Post
Beta 2.2.1111 XP sp3 et win7
When click on REVERSE (inverser la route en Français) the route, after there is only the first waypoint and the route is not visible !
Beta 2.2.1111 Ubuntu 9.10

can't replicate here - what does your route look like?
Old 23-11-2010, 12:34   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by idpnd View Post
Beta 2.2.1111 Ubuntu 9.10

can't replicate here - what does your route look like?
with route make with this version it's OK.
Old 23-11-2010, 12:50   #350

Boat: Dufour 35
tiersp

Yes something is wrong in this area. I still see the route, but most wpt:s are gone, after reversing.

Thomas
Attached Files
File Type: doc Falmouth-Baiona.gpx.doc (3.9 KB, 97 views)
Old 23-11-2010, 20:57   #351

Boat: Phantom 19
tiersp, Thomas...
yes, the new GPX code in 1111 has a couple of problems. Patches already submitted to Dave, so stay tuned for the next beta.

Pavel
Old 24-11-2010, 06:05   #352

Boat: pilotboat 36
Hi

If nobody else had the problem described in my post 348, just disregard it.
I believe that I have found that my Belkin USB to LAN hub gives some corrupted AIS data in the upstart phase. After unchecking the automatic start of Open CPN. in the Belkin device all is back to normal, so far.

Michael
Old 25-11-2010, 04:49   #353
Marine Service Provider

OpenCPN Version 2.2 Beta Build 1124

Howdy Beta Testers!

OpenCPN Version 2.2 Beta Build 1124 is available for download.

Changelog:
173. Improve error checking and recovery on Garmin GRMN mode route/waypoint uploads.
174. Correct Waypoint and Track sorting in RouteManagerDialog (FS#178)
175. Correct behavior when cm93 offsets are disabled in Toolbox->VectorCharts (FS#236)
176. Improve libgps error lost signal detection logic (FS#221)
177. Correct xml subsystem Unicode file name handling.
178. Correct AIS Rollover window position logic. (FS#240)
179. Improve PlugIn Toolbar tool placement logic (FS#172)
180. Implement "1 button" MOB tracking. (FS#147 Partial)
181. Completely remove Celestial Navigation PlugIn from git repository.
182. Improve again selectability and editability of very close RoutePoints(FS#70)
183. Improve AISTargetList Dialog performance/useability.(JE Onfray)
184. Optimize Toolbox dialog for smaller screen resolutions.(FS#239)
185. Correct Toolbar display refresh when no charts available at lat/lon.
186. Correct default GPX Import object visibility.
187. Update Generic "LIGHT" icon for GPX Import.
188. Improve AIS BlueFlag symbology/colors.
189. Correct waypoint selection logic. (Pjotr).
190. Improve track speed calculation considering first point activation time. (FS#56) Thanks jp
191. Restore route creation pencil cursor, and improve accuracy thereof. (FS#247)
192. Reorganize cm93 offset context menu items (FS#250)
193. Extend default config options to include "ShowSoundings", etc.
194. Improve Garmin USB Driver LOS and error handling.
195. Correct AIS tracking startup condition pending good target position data.
196. Improve Skewed chart georeferencing of objects like waypoints and AIS targets.
197. Correct Compass instrument font in Dashboard PlugIn
198. Add International localization support to PlugIns. (FS#200) Thanks, Sethdart
199. Implement color scheme support for RouteManagerDialog. (FS#230) Thanks to Sethdart
200. Add separate translatable strings for "CM93 Offset On"/"CM93 Offsets On" (FS#251)
201. Add local Font management to Dashboard PlugIn (Thanks again Sethdart)
202. Implement configurable NMEA COG/SOG averaging algorithm (FS#222)

Release Beta 1124

Notes:
173 and 194. Lots of work on the Garmin device support. Affected users are asked to test with no mercy.

198. PlugIns now utilize their own individual .po translation files. Translators are invited to edit and contribute their translations. The .po files may be found in the build tree at {opencpn root}/plugins/{plugin_name}/po

Observant readers will note the massive contributions from Jean-Eudes (sethdart) on this release. I personally have noticed some very late-night email postings, way past my normal bedtime considering time zone differences. We thank you sincerely.

Roadmap: This is "Feature Freeze" for Release 2.3.
The only changes I plan to consider are a) especially nasty bugs, and b) Language file updates.
But, of course, I'll stay flexible in the interest of a "good" release.

Happy testing!
...and Happy Thanksgiving in the US

Dave
Old 25-11-2010, 05:08   #354

Additional note for upgrading from 2.2.1111

Guys (and gals),

just an additional note for you who test all the betas.

The folowing instructions apply just to the users upgrading from version 2.2.1111. Others don't have to read any further.

Due to two annoying bugs which passed into 1111 the new GUID generator created IDs which were neither random enough nor unique. It is not much of a deal currently as GUIDs are used to identify objects just in a couple of places but it already caused some problems while importing and reverting routes etc. and will certainly be more important in the future.

As hopefully just a few, usually more techie users are hit, there is no auto-fix in the code to replace the "wrong" IDs and you will have to edit your navobj.xml file and the GPX files you created with version 2.2.1111 to force the new OpenCPN version regenerate GUIDs with the right level of entropy.

On Linux command line the solution is very easy, just shut down OpenCPN (which you probably already did as you are upgrading to 1124) go to your home folder and run
Code:
sed -i 's/guid/wrongguid/g' navobj.xml
And if you have GPX files you want
Code:
sed -i 's/guid/wrongguid/g' *.gpx
On Windows, you will have to open the files in a text editor of your choice (Notepad more than good) and do the replace yourself.

If you are not sure where to find navobj.xml, go to the bottom of Installing OpenCPN | Official OpenCPN Homepage

Sorry for the inconvenience, I promise I will try not to break stuff next time

And thanks to Dave for another great release!

Pavel
Old 25-11-2010, 10:42   #355

Boat: (Ex) Alu. 60' yacht-"Eight Bells"
Send a message via Skype™ to sinbad7
OpenCPN Version 2.2 Beta Build 1124 - AIS Target list when engaged freezes up entire program with high volume AIS targets. Reducing number of targets to a few hundred still does not permit normal operation and unable to alter the target limit setting.
Clearly only suitable for NORMAL cruising situations with a small number of targets.
My initial test counted some 20.000 targets...

I suggest the required target limit should be set from the main AIS window rather than the present default 40 nm shown in the AIS Target list which freezes up everything if clicked on too early.

Siitech's WebVTSLite only shows targets within the visible scope of the chart and gives immediate info handling a total of in excess of 20.000 targets.
Old 25-11-2010, 20:20   #356

Boat: Gemini 3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
Guys (and gals),

just an additional note for you who test all the betas.

The folowing instructions apply just to the users upgrading from version 2.2.1111. Others don't have to read any further.

Due to two annoying bugs which passed into 1111 the new GUID generator created IDs which were neither random enough nor unique. It is not much of a deal currently as GUIDs are used to identify objects just in a couple of places but it already caused some problems while importing and reverting routes etc. and will certainly be more important in the future.
How about a fuller explanation. What's a GUID? How do I recognize it in navobj.xml? How do I recognize it in the .gpx files? How do I know which guid is wrong and what it needs to be replaced with? I'm a Windows user so I'm looking at manually editing my files. What behavior will I see if I have wrong GUIDs?

Fabbian
Old 25-11-2010, 22:36   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgd3 View Post
How about a fuller explanation. What's a GUID? How do I recognize it in navobj.xml? How do I recognize it in the .gpx files? How do I know which guid is wrong and what it needs to be replaced with? I'm a Windows user so I'm looking at manually editing my files. What behavior will I see if I have wrong GUIDs?
Fabbian,
sorry, I thought the instructions were clear enough.
First: What you have to do is replace all the occurences of string "guid" with anything else, for example "wrongguid".

You really don't have to look for anything in the file - if you are on Windows, just open it with notepad, strike Ctrl-H (maybe varies on other language versions), write guid on first line, wrongguid on the second line and press Replace All and save the file back.

What it does it makes OpenCPN think that the objects don't have guids assigned and generate new one.

All guids generated by 2.2.1111 are considered wrong. And as there weren't guids in gpx in previous versions means, that all the guids you have to deal with are considered wrong.

GUID, in our case UUID - is a randomly generated 36 character long identifier, that tries to be unique in the whole world. More at Universally unique identifier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pavel
Old 26-11-2010, 03:51   #358

Boat: Wasa 410
Pavel,

I am thinking about how to translate this / or make it as simple as possible for newbie users/computer newbies.
Would it not be simplest to uninstall 2.2.1111 and then install the new beta "from scratch"?

/Jonas
Old 26-11-2010, 04:05   #359

Jonas,
of course the instructions apply to the people who want to keep their data...
Other solution is to throw away your routes, tracks and waypoints if you don't need them, which can be achieved in numerous ways, one of them being reinstalation with config removal = "starting from scratch".
How many newbie users/computer newbies we have testing all the beta releases? I have no idea, but not that many is what I think. As this is really just a 2.2.1111 thing, I would just wait if/when someone really has some problem...

Pavel
Old 26-11-2010, 04:19   #360

Boat: Wasa 410
Hi pavel,
Sure, you are right, most beta tester will be experienced users. But there is a thread about this on a Swedish site, and I know some people there dont speak English to well, and wanted to minmize the translation effort from my side.
Since at least one Swedish tester is going for a test trip during next week I thought it would be nice to let him know it would be good to fix this before the trip.

Thanks for your advice
/J
Closed Thread