Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2016, 14:53   #121

Boat: DEHLER 31, 9m40
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.2 Released

One question to add, following my previous message about my issue with 4.2:

Is it possible to downgrade to O4.0 on Linux ?
If yes, can anyone help with some explanation ?
Is there a special repository to find previous versions ?
DomNomade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 15:18   #122

Boat: I Wish
Send a message via Skype™ to sbfreddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
sbfreddie...

I think this works:
in config file

Code:
[Settings]
NCPUCount=4
Please let us know how this works for you.
Dave
Dave:
Thanks, that was just the ticket! Wow, look at it go!

Thanks,
Freddie
sbfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 16:06   #123

Boat: Valiant 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomNomade View Post
Hi

Back to my problem described previously with O4.2 on windows both XP and 10 (on 2 different PC hardwares):
- when I create a new route starting very close or on an existing WP, the popup asking to accept Y/N the existing WP hangs up or crashes.

I have a dual boot with UBUNTU 14.04.3 on one of the above PC (my onboard eeePC laptop)
I just installed O4.2/Linux
I did it 2 times, first as an upgrade, the 2nd time I first did an apt-get remove then deleted the.opencpn directory, and reinstalled Opencpn from scratch
And I get a very similar behaviour with this route creation as with my 2 windows platforms.
1-creating a new route from no existing WP is fully OK
2-I create for example 2 new WP, then create a route with a starting point on or very close to one WP, the popup raises to ask if I want to start from this WP, I answer Y, everything goes well .
3-then trying to creatge another route strating close to one of the WP just created before, the popup comes empty for a second and the application crashes.

=> it looks like creating a route with starting point on a WP alteady used by another route makes this error.

Dom
Dom,

This is a pretty simple bug in 4.2. It isn't serious in that if you don't try to put a waypoint next to an old one it won't crash. If you need a waypoint close to an old one you can try dropping the waypoint some ways away and then move it close to the original one. I think that will not crash.

I hope this one issue does not scare you back to 4.0. There are a lot of good things in 4.2.

Dan
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 17:04   #124
Marine Service Provider

tiersp...

I believe everything you say, but am having trouble reproducing the error with Euro 1950 datum charts.

So, if you would, will you please confirm again with a parallel install of Beta 4.1.1301, and report the results? The Beta is here:

http://opencpn.navnux.org/beta/openc...1301_setup.exe

Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 18:40   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
tiersp...

I believe everything you say, but am having trouble reproducing the error with Euro 1950 datum charts.

So, if you would, will you please confirm again with a parallel install of Beta 4.1.1301, and report the results? The Beta is here:

http://opencpn.navnux.org/beta/openc...1301_setup.exe

Thanks
Dave
Dave,

Beta 4.1.1301 displays 7130.kap as in this screenshot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	<a title=OpenCPN 4.1.1301.jpg Views: 215 Size: 358.5 KB ID: 118628" style="margin: 2px" />

Release 4.2.0 displays it correctly with OpenGL enabled, but it displays with incorrect longitude with OpenGL disabled as shown here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	OpenCPN 4.2.0.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	357.2 KB
ID:	118629

Paul
.Paul. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 19:00   #126
Marine Service Provider

Paul...

OK, thanks, now we are getting somewhere.

I'll take a look now that it is independently verifiable on O42.

Thanks
Dave
Old 09-02-2016, 03:13   #127

On my setup on W10 the weather routing plugin doesn't display the route or isochrones etc. with OGL off; with OGL on it's fine.

SY Morgane
http://tweedsworld.com
Littlechay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:20   #128

The Windows version of the Weatherfax plugin (weatherfax_pi-1.4001-win32.exe) found at the "Download PlugIns for OpenCPN 4.2" page of OpenCPN.org has two problems. First, it causes OpenCPN to crash on close. Second, the uninstall program (Uninstall weatherfax_pi.exe) that gets installed by this version of the plug-in removes libcurl.dll preventing OpenCPN from starting again.

When starting O and libcurl.dll is missing, a message on the screen recommends installing OpenCPN again, and this works.

This version of Weatherfax_pi works okay with OpenCPN 4.1.602 Beta, but the crash-on-close problem comes up when the plug-in is added to OpenCPN Windows that was built from the source from about June 30.

Both of these problems are fixed with a Beta version of the Weatherfax_pi (weatherfax_pi-1.5001-ov4.1.1317-win32.exe) that rgleason has on his Beta File Thingie.

I am posting this on the "OpenCPN Version 4.2 Released" thread because the Windows version of the Weatherfax plug-in that is on the official "Download PlugIns for OpenCPN 4.2" page at this time is going to be a problem for many users, and the first problem encountered may be the crash when trying to close OpenCPN. The second problem might be caused by the missing libcurl.dll when trying to start O after uninstalling the Weatherfax_pi.

Paul
.Paul. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:51   #129

Boat: Kelt 8.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Paul. View Post
The Windows version of the Weatherfax plugin (weatherfax_pi-1.4001-win32.exe) found at the "Download PlugIns for OpenCPN 4.2" page of OpenCPN.org has two problems. First, it causes OpenCPN to crash on close. Second, the uninstall program (Uninstall weatherfax_pi.exe) that gets installed by this version of the plug-in removes libcurl.dll preventing OpenCPN from starting again.

Paul
Similar problem with Linux.

weatherfax_pi Version 1.5001 works very well but you have to compile it yourself.

Jean-Marie
houlejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 14:18   #130

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

The Development Manual now has under "Internationalization" a page dedicated to "Plugins Language" which attempts to describe the process by which translations are done for plugins. Plugin Languages | Official OpenCPN Homepage

Translators are needed, and it appears to be a very non-technical and simple process to use the translation editors on Crowdin OpenCPN Project, so we encourage translators to give it a try.

Additionally the Internationalization documentation, particularly for Plugins could be improved, so please make revisions and suggestions. Many thanks to Hakan, Gerhard and NAV for their help and review.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 15:34   #131

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Paul, O Beta File Thingie has updated weatherfax_pi using opencpn.lib for v4.2.0
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2041203
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 19:54   #132
Marine Service Provider

Folks...

A bit of update:

1. The problem with crash on route create near existing route point is resolved in github. Once again, it affects only non-OpenGL users. A gentle reminder that when you report bugs, we need to know everything you can think of to get the debugging context right. The first step in bug fixing is always to reproduce the error systematically, and sometime this takes more time than actually fixing the darn thing.

2. The georef problem (in non-OpenGL mode again) for non-WGS-84 raster charts has been identified as a simple typo error. Fixed in github.
Not too many will be affected by this bug.
@tiersp, if you need a quick fix, I'll build you one and place it on Dropbox. Let me know...

There is some trouble with incompatible PlugIns leftover from previous O4 installations. I'll tackle that next.

We may decide to issue a hot fix for these three issues, at least. We'll see how it goes. I don't want to exercise the Release machinery unnecessarily.

Am I missing any issues that seem pervasive or especially annoying?

Thanks
Dave
Old 09-02-2016, 20:10   #133

Boat: Richter 42

Dave,
I think there are some internationalisation issues in 4.2. When I run under MSVC2013 in debug mode I get many assert errors for using 'setlocale' (posted in a separate message, as an issue in git and in flyspray). The internationalisation process is currently causing issues trying to get the OD plugin suitable for release as attempts to use other languages apart from US English for dialogs, rollovers, etc seem to have random (time sensitive) crashes and effects.

Jon
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 20:24   #134

Boat: Endeavour 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmm View Post
1. the options button doesnt work ( the wrench) clicking on it does nothing
2. all chart updates fail. my install is an upgrade from 4.0
3. menu bar randomly disappears, mostly as I move the mouse towards the menu bar! almost like its saying " oh no you dont, you dont need the menu"
just seams to decide on its own when it wants to hide!

running on Windows 10
I am having the same problem...going back to 4.0
brankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 20:26   #135
Marine Service Provider

brankin...

Can you post a logfile, or give us any more specific information about plugins, charts, opengl, anything else?

One specific question:
How are you doing chart updates if the "Wrench" icon is not active?

OK, another:
When you say "menu bar", do you mean menu bar with words like "Navigate/View/AIS/Tools", or do you mean tool bar with icons like the wrench?

Thanks
Dave

Tags
enc, lease, opencpn